Reviews for In Restless Dreams I Walked Alone
asdf42 chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Wow, just wow.
Lisa O'Brien chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
This was a phenomenal story. I love pre-series stories and the Gentleish!John in this one is one of my favorites. I also love Dean and all of his little quirks and you did a great job capturing him.

Thanks!
Cushion chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Oh Dean. That boy really breaks my heart. I get sad when I think about how John really left him later on in canon. Nevertheless, I love John in this because we get to see his rare soft, loving parent side while still being a hard ass.

That was a lovely read.
bhoney chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
"As if he needed to save his words like pennies so he could buy her back. As if he could only speak when she was there to listen. As if she’d come back to listen." That was just heartbreaking.

Really poignant. I love silent Dean.
Haylia Jones chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
That was a really good story. Great in fact. I would add more to the summary, give other readers more info, cause its strikingly deep and kind of sad.
si-star-x chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
This was really, really, ~really~ good. Oh how I love that mouth of his.
Pallina chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
I just favourited this story because it spoke to me in a way that few SPN stories have...so beautifully written, so moving. I can see every detail of this on the screen. Especially as Dean seems to have gotten far quieter during S4, just watching Sammy and everything that is happening to the both of them. I can totally believe that he would feel like this - literally unable to speak. Thanks so much for sharing - best story I've read in a good long while :)
niver chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
This was lovely. You really captured Dean.
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
I thought this story was fantastic..I really felt for Dean here...everyone leaves him and just expects him to be okay with it...and when he stopped talking after Sam left and thought about himself years from now lonely and alone...gut wrenching...really well written..
AmyNY chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
This whole story was absolutely heartbreaking but this line made me tear up: Hear that, Sam? Plenty of noise without you.

I loved John/Dean relationship and the ending just about killed me. You just write Dean and angst so well and I loved your take on this often used subject but with a different spin. Awesome job!
PADavis chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
That was beautifully beautifully done. Very intense, very compelling, and although I've read others in this vein, this was truly moving.

And you can answer reviews now from ff! YAY

Phoebe
Maz101 chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
So clever, Loved all the early examples for their utter Deanness. Then the retreat into silence - it's such a tiny line in one episode that catches so much imagination and here you go using it perfectly in a different (but oh-so appropriate) context.

"..the thought of hearing his own voice aloud is suddenly terrifying. He feels, inexplicably but so strongly, that if he opens his mouth, he will lose an integral part of himself. Like maybe his soul will go flying from his lips and he’ll be completely hollow, all of the good stuff given away to air and dust and the California breeze." ...Thought this was a perfect explanation.

"As if he needed to save his words like pennies so he could buy her back. As if he could only speak when she was there to listen. As if she’d come back to listen."...this was so moving..such childlike reasoning.

"It makes him feel strangely young, and safe, to see his father holding a glass of his puke."...I smiled at this because yes, as a mother, it's so true that we do all sorts of things without thinking.

Another of your fantastic pieces of writing.
heyesgirl chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Wow, this story was great. It took me a while to finish because I kept rereading sections. Loved John and Dean's relationship. "and his voice isn’t gentle but it’s soft in a way Dean hasn’t heard in a while" - That line killed me.

Great stuff.
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
I was waiting for you to post this on LJ, but since you don't, I'll review here.

It was so good! I really, really loved it. I mean, I love everything you write, but this touched something in me. Don't know why exactly. I think this is the way you describe Dean as literally unable to speak, instead of just not willing to, it really shows the weight of absence. I had tears in my eyes the whole time.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Any story with so many reasons to contemplate Jensen's mouth is going to go right into my Favorites, but there are so many OTHER reasons to appreciate your fic, roque.

For instance: "Every time Dean looks away, and then looks back, Sam seems to have gotten a little older."

And "Sam’s eyes are already fixed over Dean’s head on some invisible California horizon, and Dean thinks maybe Sam left years ago, and this is just a spatial formality."

Immediately followed by "But then Sam looks down, and for just a second Dean understands that leaving and being left are varying degrees of the same pain." *whimpers*

And although I'm reallyreally NOT a fan of the smoking, at ALL, there's "Hear that, Sam? Plenty of noise without you."

Plus "And suddenly he knows, with a cold and horrible certainty, that his father is not coming back." (I actually gasped, although I knew it wouldn't be true.)

The silent behavior does seem juvenile, but I think we've all been through times where it just occasionally feels GOOD not to have to say anything to anyone (it's amazingly easy to fall out of the habit of talking). Still, I was glad that Dean realized how foolish it was, ultimately.

Well done! Some beautiful writing!
46 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »