Reviews for In Restless Dreams I Walked Alone
Aecoris chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Aww i loved this! I wnder what got Dean to start talking again? Was it the text from Sam? John sounding like he cared? Or both? I could totally imagine that this really happened to him! Great job!

Oh and when can we expect a new update from your Drive verse? ")
Mad Server chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
That was brilliant.

*goofy grin*
Ophium chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Sweet Jesus! That was amazing!

You went very stealthly about, starting small with little Dean wondering about his mile-wide mouth, which, by the way LOL! And then BANG! you throw us the middle of the sweetest of angst, with mute Dean after Sam left. Wonderfully done, I loved it!
NongPradu chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This was brilliant. Really brilliant.

I don't think there are more words than that.
Skye21 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This was excellent. Great set up to the "trauma" of not being able to speak and I loved how it ended. Great job!
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Wonderful writing - devastatingly sad. I did like John at the end of this, though - but wished he could have hung around a bit longer instead of hauling off after the Poltergeist. Dean's moment of sheer abandonement panic was absolutely gut-wrenching stuff.
Emrys1 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This story is gut-wrenching in a way I haven't read for quite some time. I have this vague need to go into a corner somewhere and bawl my eyes out!

Well done!

Emrys
Zubeneschamali chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
*sniff* I really like this idea of Dean going mute after losing a family member again. Not only that, but as you describe so well, it's really about his fear of being alone. Poor Dean. *would hug but knows he wouldn't welcome it*
masondixon chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Once again, a wonderful story by an author who knows Dean just as well as Dean knows himself. I enjoyed this very much. Thank You.
Trish62 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
My ex-husband had a huge blowout over the weekend with our 16 year old daughter and hasn't spoken to her in three days. This morning I woke up to find a note from her saying he has de-friended her on facebook.

Now I read your story and I have a knot in my stomach. That feeling of abandonment - that I think everyone has within them - but in kids from divorce or death of a parent, it is so life altering. You carry it around forever. Could you maybe write something happy? Even though there are no supernatural goings on over here - the emotional side of your story is too sad for me to take today.

I guess that means you're hitting your mark.
camlann chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Dude, this was just awesome! I love fics where Dean sort of falls back into silence when Sam leaves. It's so painfully angsty that it makes for a wonderful read. I like how you make it seem like something that he isn't consciously doing-he wants to talk, but the words just won't come. And the panic when he realizes it-poor Dean! Thanks for letting Dean text Sam though-for a second, I was really worried that Dean wouldn't say anything and Sam would get the wrong idea and never call back.

Anyways, great one-shot!

camlann :)
DreamALittleDream8 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Great story, loved it
Merisha chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
OMG, how is it that you just keep getting better and better? You just totally freak me out with your talent rogue! Absolutely gorgeous with Dean as a kid, checking out his mouth ROFL XD - and then all the way to him not being able to speak after Sam leaves. (loved the whole random naughty scene by the way XD) You really know how to sucker punch a reader LOL XD - it was BRILLIANT, absolutely everything was perfect ... AGAIN DAMNIT ROFL XD!

The ever stunned

Mish :D x
helinahandcart chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Awesome I was in tears near the end.
The Original Madackles chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I loved this.

Seriously, it was amazing.
46 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »