Reviews for Above and Beyond
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 4/4/2016
Wow, amazing! It felt like an episode of the show. T
Nice mix of action and humor
edwardfiend chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Love this; the part with Wash sitting on Mal had me laughing so hard I had tears. Very well written!
The Buzz chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
This is excellent. I really love how you write the Wash-Zoe-Mal dynamic, and this story was engaging and well-paced. Thanks for sharing!
Bookworm chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Any piece of writing in which you have to translate the words "dog humping" is awesome as far as I'm concerned.
Rebecca chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Wow, beautiful! Love it, I love Wash so much and i wish the events in the movie had been diferent. He was funny and loveable and apart from Mal was probs my fav character. This may have something to do with the fact he and Nathan were the only two actors I knew in the series. Anyway, very well done, and it was as exciting as watching an episode. You brought the characters out well and made me smile. So thanks for cheering me up with this little tale after I watched the movie recently. Wish there was more!xx
Amethyst Asheryn chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
This is anamazing story. I love your humor, and your characterization was perfect. I needed this-reading a story where Wash was actually *alive* was a wonderful way to end my lunch break, especially after having re-watched the BDM yesterday.

And what a story, too! I'd have loved to see the cast do this, just for the heck of it. This could be in an episode somewhere and it would be perfect.

"'Cause that's where the incoming was coming in from and he wasn't happy that her head was their attackers' primary target."-I love the wording here; got a laugh. The only thing is that you say "that's where the incoming was coming in from," which I think you might change to "that was..." to keep in past tense.

"It's biological! It's a natural, biological, scientific response! To danger and, and stimulus. Dangerous stimulus."-Besides being funny, this line was completely Wash. Nice.

""You should see a couple dozen system leads."

"What I'm seein' is a gou cao de tangle of rainbow colored noodles.""-Another perfectly done exchange. :)

""You just tell her you were following my orders. She can take it out of my hide."

"Yeah, but you'd like that."

"I refuse to answer on the grounds that my wife is listening to every word I say.""-Ditto above; perfect.

I love your delving into Wash's thought processes about being a third wheel of sorts, and killing a man-that made things even better. Thank you so much for writing this; it made my day.

Ashe
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Your stuff is just so great - plot, character, humor, dramatic momentum. What a great story for Wash and Zoe as a married couple. Perfectly in character for both of them. And you have an impressive command of technobabble. My favorite line is probably:

"And maybe if he hadn't moved, she wouldn't have noticed, as she was sort of focused on the folks out there trying to kill them."

And I like Wash being so pleased with himself that he knows having the high ground is a good thing to have.
Lemon Icee chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Absolutely stellar! I love your dialogue, and it was really moving and so in character, Wash's reaction to shooting that guy. A joy to read, I hope you keep writing!
Whyt Wulf chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Aah, wife soup. Very well written, though I notice you left a few unexplained tidbits in there. The one I'd most like to see expanded into a story is the part about smuggling medical supplies and spending years in lock-up. Very impressive future possibility placement.
Andrew Weitzman chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Suspenseful and brilliantly characterized pre-series piece. The scene could have come right out of one of the Firefly episodes.
Mackon chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
That was very good, enjoyed your characterisations the story the humour and the action the whole thing. Wish there were more fics like this around. Got you on my author alerts now. Great stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Awesome story. I was giggling like a little school girl when Zoe was on top of Wash in the firefight and...ahem...nature took over. Then I laughed like an idiot at the image of Wash sitting in Mal's lap.

-Moki
Ogehsim chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Love it. Nice to have a Wash/Zoe mission piece that's so in-character and not all angsty and post-BDM. It's nice to have a bit of happiness and humor and you delivered so excellently. Good job.
Nocturnal Rose chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
LOVE IT ! OMG LOVE IT!1
bladefax chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Enjoyed your story very much...good character development.

Look forward to more from you.