Reviews for Club Gossip
IrregularHonour chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
So very human! I enjoyed this- and my favourite part was the fact that Holmes didn't let Watson finish his sentence.
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Mm, that was good. :)

I'm glad Watson stopped when he did and the way he did...
KCS chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I truly loved this. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a oneshot this much, actually. You've a remarkable gift for taking an ordinary snapshot of an everyday event and turning it into a beautiful study on humanity and friendship, and if I could ever come close to mastering it quite so well i should be eternally happy.

Everything was perfectly paced and placed. I hate gossip myself, but I too find myself after being irritated with a friend coming close to complaining about that person to others, intentionally or no - it's just human nature, and not even the best of friends are perfect or eternally tolerant. What distinguishes a handful above the rest is what you showed here - owning up to it on the one side, and realizing it was mostly justified on the other, forgiving without demanding an apology.

This was wonderful; no other words would add to it.
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Wierdo getting hysterical over something tiny... odd man at the club.

This story is wierdly angsty. *feels odd himself now*
DraejonSoul chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Yeah, gossip's a nasty little temptation. And it doesn't help much if your flatmate was being really unbearable and ruin your day. Poor old Watson. I could understand his sentiments. But it's nice to see him coming to Holmes' defense.

And Holmes. Must we hide his pipes or break his chemistry set just to get an outright apology? But it was a sweet gesture he extended to his friend. And Watson, good and sensible friend that he is, gave in with grace.

Liked this a lot, I did. Thanks so much for the read!
Savethellamas chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Excellent! The description of Watson's guilt was so well done. And that O'Brien...ick, what an awful person.

The story about the gloves was perfect, and the ending was unbelievably sweet. I'm glad Holmes knows a way to get the ink out. Thank you for a highly enjoyable fic.
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Truly, I have not been this moved by a one shot for at least a year.

This was the most beautiful little piece, it explains so much in just a simple, neat manner, their friendship, their contradictory natures.

This little peek into such a simple, but profound moment in their lives could stand up against any of the long, chaptered pieces any day. I would trade most of them for this in an instant.

You have completely blown me away with it. It is now one of the most profound little gems I have ever found on this site and I wish I could write something as pure and beautifully simmple as this.

Perfect, Tristian, very very well done!

-Leslie

My favorite part was Watson mentioning the gloves, they're too sweet, both of them.
aragonite chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Wow. That's so layered and refreshing! Very nice and well done. Gossip does get one when they least expect it...like a disease...