Reviews for The Devil's Work?
peregrin chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
It's been said a million times and I'm going to repeat it again here:
The whole problem with HP series is simple. JKR is a terrific story-teller but a terrible writer. Inconsistencies in the books' logic can lead to "faulty" interpretations (e.g. Dumbledore being the most evil wizard ever and Voldy actually being an OK guy). Hence, there is some danger to reading HP. However, that danger stems from readers, not the books themselves.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Wow! (Goes back up to top. Winces) Ugh. Don't you just hate essays? Very convincing, though.
C. A. phranasith chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
not to mention how abuse (of all kinds) can lead one down the dark path of chaos, murder, and revenge. or turn them down the lightest path and help others from being in the same position they where all christians see is the occult not the warring of light and dark of the soul. it is contradicting in the fact that christians belive that people who were abused as children but found the lighter path as adults will go to heavan but anything to do with accult and they will go to hell. so since i was and abused child that was born into the wiccan religion that loves harry potter will I go to heavan and hell? hows that work?
Lady Avotil chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Hi!_

Pretty solid arguments you've got there, my friend. I absolutely agree on all points, especially the one about the Harry Potter septology (I didn't know this word existed..._'...) teaches children imagination. Because, as I am certain you can deduce, without imagination, our society cannot go forward. The evolution of the world would come to an abrupt stop because of lack of imagination. After all, to give an example, it's kids, teenagers, who are the inventors of Apps for iPhones and many other such devices. And what is the key to that? Imagination._

Thanks for posting your essay._
Don't Have One Sorry chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
as a born- again Christian[ one who has believed in Christ as their Saviour and repented of their sins Acts. 16:31] i totally agree with you! Having faced a somewhat unpleasant discussion on H.P. with some of my relatives I know exactly what you mean. My parents both Christians themselves approve of the series - mum's a bigger fan then me! But loathe any suggestion of TRUE witchcraft which no matter what it's used for is inherently evil because the power is supplied bY demons or Satan himself.

Thanks for posting this!
UnnaturalKetchupTaco chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
True that!

I am a christian, and I don't have a single problem with Harry Potter. It is an fictional book, and it certainly isn't evil. If it was an 'evil book' then it would be telling kids to be like Voldemort or something. But Harry is the good guy, and the reason he lives is the power of love. I don't think that's evil.

Great essay.
Michelle Black a.k.a Elle chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Amazing, you can actually right a persuasive essay. And I know what you mean, when I hear about people treating it like crap and all that jazz, I talk for HOURS about how your wrong and how there's nothing wrong with it. MY family and I are christian as well, and they at least support me one what I read,unlike some folks in my church. They don't agree. *rolling eyes* ANyways, really good.
ObsessiveConcierge chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Fascinating. I didn't know people burned Harry Potter books.

You would think they would realize that it's just a story.
Warrior Priestess chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Well put, I always shake my head at my cousins who exhault Lord Of The Rings yet got a teacher fired for reading Harry Potter to the class. Personally I'm Atheist Pagan and so I just laugh at those who say it is real magick in the Harry Potter series. Yes there are some old practises like Arithmancy and Divination in the books but real magick is not nearly so confined and divided into so many subjects. And J.K. Rowling is a good author, but I think she was too pressured by the press, her readers and her publisists in the last two books and they became less moral. What with his (Harry Potter's) forgival of certain wrongs which should have been dealt with.
Lizzy Lovegood chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
You-Know-Who

Hi. Have you ever gone on jesus-is-savior dot com? That's basically a site dedicated to saying HP is pure evil. I'm pretty sure they would be interested in this little note.
sakura-zee chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
i liked it :) you bring up very good points. it reminds me of an essay i had to write my first year in college on defending rock music. i know its sad to have such small minded people in the world-tisk :(.

but hopefully dedication and essays like this will change all that.

~saki-zee
You know who chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I want this message to be passed around to Harry Haters. I wrote this to a guy who thought Harry was the Devil! Note From the Bottom up is how it is suppose to be read.

A little note, Harry asked Tom to redeemed himself. Isn't that in the Bible?

You can't get rid of ME! Have you even READ the books. They have magic, adventure, justice, romance, action... No really these books have all the great stuff in it. Kinda like the Chicken Soup Books!

Miss me?

You are wrong. Will you just stop flaming classics and start reading them? You will never know the magic, adventure, the battle. Till you read. So whose side are you on? Those that are narrow minded or the ones who are willing to embrace anything? Harry Potter saved the Wizarding World. He sacerficed his own self to save his friends. He loss so much and lived. Lived to save the future. So read wont you?

Bloody Just get it into your head. IT IS FICTION! you spelled Voldemort wrong. Harry is not a devil. Can a devil sacerfice his own self for the better future of other? NO Can a devil love? NO Can a devil stop a dark evil? NO Can a devil do spells that require love and happiness? NO

Hogwarts dose not existe.(sadly) The books were about death. How not to fear it. How to embrace it. Another note if a Killing Curse was heading twords someone that you care about what will you do? A) Watch as that person dies, or B) Take the killing curse for her/him and die a Hero?

Harry did B)

It's me again. First of all the D.A. FIGHTS dark magic. They are willing to stand to be champions. Because if I was at Hogwarts during that time I won't be silent I would talk back. Harry was FORCED to part of bringing Tom back. Expecto Patronum needs HAPPINESS and LOVE to work. LOVE saves Harry in many ways. His Mom died saving him. He SACERFICED his own self to give everybody a better future. He is not afraid of death. The Ministry was ignorant when Tom came back. They ignored a murder. I don't know about you but I would stand for such bull. Ignorance is no longer a protection. Deal with it.

I disagree, The Books has taught us to fight for what we believe. To stand up when others sit down. To say yes when others say no. To be brave even in the face of death. How Ignorence can't be a protection. How love is powerful. Albus was only avoiding Harry because he was afraid of the connection! Her name is LILY not LILLIAN. Hermione dose not mean a"re-emerging horn" it comes from the greek G-d Hermes! Ron's last name is suppose to show how much bad luck his family had. Merlin you need to reread your facts.