Reviews for undertow
kehwie chapter 9 . 4/4/2012
I didn't want to like this, but it was too well-written not to. :) Very emotionally compelling. I have to echo a previous review though-I'm a bit confused as to what Daniel "did." It's probably obvious and I'm probably just dense but color me clueless.

I did wonder if there was a reason why you use minuet instead of minute? It's so consistent that it can't be a typo. I'm familiar with most British spellings, but even the dictionary I checked didn't have that one. Is it something exclusive to Scotland that the rest of the UK doesn't use?

Anyway, I'll never be a Cam/Vala shipper, but you came as close to making me one as anyone ever will. This is a beautiful piece.
Brand L chapter 9 . 3/28/2012
I really loved this story for just its building of Cam and Vala as a couple. And I can't really say that Daniel was the bad guy in this story, because you basically used his character and his characterists in how he interacted with Vala. I also never liked how they played up Cam and Vala relationship, because he disliked her for no reason. But I guess you could say that they were scared of the chemistry of the two actors who played Cam and Vala to even give them a realistic friendship, because their chemisty from farscape blew away Daniel and Vala's chemisty. Even to the point where I heard a rumour that Ben Browder's wife was a little wary of their on and off scene chemisty from their days on farscape. And one last question, did Daniel and Vala every get together on SG-1, I don't think so. Just thanks for the great story.
Andromeda chapter 9 . 4/5/2010
Loved the story about Cam and Vala all except the last chapter, sorry.
hajimebassaidai chapter 9 . 3/7/2010
I didn't think I'd like a story where Cameron came in between Daniel and Vala but I really liked this one. It was written sensitively and well with Vala and Cam drifting together as he pays the attention to her that Daniel isn't. Undertow, Shakespeare, Camelot and Fitzgerald all used to show how beautiful, deadly, tragic and tearing the whole situation becomes. Daniel as Gatsby is a seriously interesting thought but Vala and Daisy? More like Zelda personally. A thoughtful, well plotted story with it's own kind of happy ending.
fdksn chapter 9 . 12/2/2009
Love it. :)
Jena chapter 9 . 8/6/2009
Wow, what an awesome story! I'm always looking for a V/C ff and you've topped it. I just loved how you developed C/V's relationship in this fic. Letting them grow and exploring their bond in a realistic manner. Hope to see more from you in the future and thanks again for writing this.
CalmintheChaos chapter 9 . 7/15/2009
Not the ending I was expecting, but then again, to have it neatly wrapped up with a bow, wouldn't have been your style I think. Beautiful work. I hope to read more great fics of yours!
CalmintheChaos chapter 7 . 7/15/2009
My heart hurts for Cam! I could punch Daniel myself, his Vala my arse!

This is the line that made me want to read this story and I only hope that it attracts other reluctant reader to this pairing:

"And all he could think was that he was Lancelot: he had stolen Guinevere from Arthur and nothing would ever be the same, not king, queen, knight, or country. He couldn’t lie to her. His only sin was Lancelot’s, of loving too deeply, now, then, and forever."
CalmintheChaos chapter 6 . 7/15/2009
LOVED that poem! Where is that from?
CalmintheChaos chapter 4 . 7/15/2009
This is by far, my most favorite chapter in the history of fanfiction. I love it, I love the characters, I love the interaction, I love the detail, this is amazing and addicting!
CalmintheChaos chapter 3 . 7/15/2009
You're an amazing writer! Little lines like: "every so often remembered that coffee wasn’t a food group" make it, I don't, more real? Sigh, I really hope they get to go sailing!
CalmintheChaos chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
Wow. Great chapter. I really like the character development, especially with the sailing for Cam. Great stuff. How long was Daniel going to be gone for? Do they have enough time for a romance?
CalmintheChaos chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I"m a really big D/V fan, but I also come from a huge John/Aeryn ship. So, sometimes I look to see if people write for Cam/Vala. This is absolutely FANTASTIC! I love the line:

"always admired Vala and the way she seemed to go wherever life took her, knowing it might be dangerous but going ahead anyway and leaving a Vala-shaped hole in her wake."

That was great! Definitely adding this one to my favorites and I"m only on the first chapter!
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 9 . 7/10/2009
great update, please tell me this isn't the end of this story! Want to read about that toast Jack made, preferably at the CV wedding with his own wife Kerry at his side.
Lorraine chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
thank you so much! i loved reading this story... your gentleness in the storytelling was so lovely that ive had to read it twice because i enjoyed it so much
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »