Reviews for Nessie's First Date or Why Jacob Black Must Die
twilight-is-lovee chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Hahaha! I loved it. :D
bookish327 chapter 2 . 7/18/2009
Again, I love Daddy Edward. You write him (and all of the other characters) so well. Thanks again for another great fic.
Justine Lark chapter 2 . 7/18/2009
Cute chapter! I think the Cullen's lifestyle, with a child whose childhood is so brief but who will be part of their lives pretty much as a peer for eternity, is hard to imagine. I tend to picture things differently... which only means I should get to writing my own teen Nessie stories! Yours is fun and very sweet.

My favorite lines are “Esme, I am eternally regretful for anything I may have said to you or Carlisle in a fit of anger.”- in context it's so funny!- and "my heart died again when she said it."
Eagleswings81 chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
Oh the trials of when children grow up. How much worse to be stuck in a teenager's body? I wonder why Bella is able to handle it so much better than Edward? Is it just her temperament or the fact that Edward can read Nessie's mind? I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have to hear all the thoughts of a pre-teenage daughter. It's bad enough when I have to think back on my own thoughts during that age.
Vampwizard chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
I LOVED this story! I thought that it was very in character and very humorous!D
purelyromantic chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
OH MY GOD! Thank you! I'm flattered and honoured that I actually convinced you to add a new chapter to this. And I was dying to read your take on this anyway so I'm officially on a high for the rest of today D Big, big hug from me to you!

I loved it! This Edward throwing a hissy fit over Nessie growing up is so reminiscent of my own dad. I'm nearly 20 and he still gets worked up when I'm going out with makeup on! And Edward being Edward has overprotection programmed into his body on a whole new level. I loved when Nessie showed how she got her first bra and asked 'do five-year old wear these?" And "antiqe like you". Best phrase in the best sentence of the story. You made me laugh and made my heart clench at the same time with that! I did feel badly for him when she said she hates him. I love how you showed that part of Edward's character-how he can have a temper to rival a thunderstorm and in the next second be completely crushed by three words. I did tear up a bit there.

Amazing writing and thanks for writing this! I would love to see more of Nessie growing up moments. If I think of anything specific I will let you know!

Love and hugs,

Shavera
Gleena chapter 2 . 7/8/2009
Well, you already know I love this story!

"Edward, it’s 2011, not 1911. Stop acting like such an antiquated prude." I love that line! Rose uses the word "antiquated," and I think Ness picks up on that. She's at an age where Rose is going to be influential, I think!

Counting to a million in his head. Hee hee.

Your description of Edward's heartbreak is so...heartbreaking. I loved the pain! How sick is that?

Bella does a great job calming him down and mediating. It is sort of funny, because it was the other way around in my household - I guess it's just which parent's personality is most similar to your own.

And six years, not age six. Over-reacting Edward is cute. At least he can recognize that in himself now!

Great job!
ES3 chapter 2 . 7/8/2009
Another excellent chapter! I found the parts about Edward's outdated descriptions of make-up especially amusing. I always say this but it's still true, you write Edward perfectly. Just the right amount of natural sarcasm mixed in with temper mixed in with a heart of gold. Excellent!

Ah migraines, I always write Edward's rebellious years when I'm having one. I find that I get the tone more easily that way when I'm in a foul mood!
ES3 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Wonderful as always. You write Edward so effectively, mixing in a blend of present and past and getting the dialogue just right.
Eagleswings81 chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Sorry I'm so late with this review. I read this story when it came out and just haven't gotten around to letting you know what I thought of it.

I must say that I enjoyed your treatment of Edward's attitude toward this inevitable event. Some interpretations of Edward have him throwing as many road-blocks as possible between Nessie and Jacob. I don't think that is realistic. At the end of Breaking Dawn we get a taste of Edward's changing opinion of Jacob...you even reference it here. However, I do think that Edward would have a little bit of problem dealing with it. Nessie's first date (or any milestone for her) is bound to be bittersweet for Edward. I mean she is only six, for crying out loud. Most people get at least 14 or 15 years with their children before they go on a date. He is allowed a little moping. Thank goodness Bella is there to pull him out of it though.

Anyway, all that rambling is to say I loved your story.

Favorite bit: Edward suggesting that they go on a double date.
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
What a lovely treat to discover a new EBHG story and to see my name in the Author’s Note! Thanks!

My favorite lines:

“I hardly think that is comparable!” and “He was nervous as he took in my expression, watching for any sign of anger or for any intent to maim him.”

Overall, it's sweet but too short! Perhaps Chapter 2 could tell us what Edward sees in their thoughts as they get home from the date and how they all behave?

By the way, I had an idea for a Nessie’s First Date story, different from this, quite a while ago. Maybe I should think about possibly writing it.
Jaenelle Masen chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
you are so awesome! i can't believe you actually wrote it! it is exactly how i pictured it in my head when too! Edward completely being sullen and brooding is exactly how i pictured his reaction to Nessie and Jake's first date!

i absolutely loved it!
icrodriguez chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Oh how lovely! This was so completely wonderful that it had me smiling all the way through. But I did manage to choke up with Edward as he sobbed softly in his embrace with Nessie. Sigh...

Thank you for this.
twliter chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
cute
purelyromantic chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Aw! Typical Edward... I was flitting between rolling my eyes and saying 'so cute' while reading this. Kind of reminded me of my dad... I'd be very interested to read about that fight Edward and Nessie had when she wanted makeup. That would make a great story too.

I love his protective nature. And the instinct that she is simply not old enough despite knowing that he is acting childishly is so realistic of any dad. And would be more so with Edward knowing how much he over thinks situations. And i loved the little flashback of what Charlie said to Edward. It's interesting when Edward begins to realize what Charlie must have gone through when he and Bella were dating.

VEry nicely done and yes do post more ottakes and perspectives!

Love,