Reviews for What's in a Name?
Guest chapter 6 . 8/29/2014
"But really, it's because you're a pirate."
Typical, Jim, Typical.
Peonywinx chapter 7 . 7/15/2014
Congratulations, your gem of a story just became the first Star Trek fanfic I've ever favorited. That said, I commend you on getting so wonderfully inside these beloved characters' heads to give us this reflective piece on their aliases. It's an interesting concept, but one which is so easily believed, as practically everyone has nicknames or several monikers they're known by even in real life.

I didn't quite like the Sulu/Chekov hints (apologies, as I don't see them that way at all), but they were subtle enough that it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story. I do like your interpretation of Winona Kirk, though. Most other ST:2009 stories I've read have her as a neglectful and absentee mother, which I believe is not in keeping with what her nature is, regardless of the loss she suffered.
Guest chapter 7 . 8/28/2011
I think that McCoy would hate being called Len or Lenny or Leo or Lee. He would only allow Pike and Kirk to call him anything other than Leonard. hat's my one complaint about this
Peregrinate chapter 7 . 8/16/2011
I like how subtly you did the love triangle(s) with Chekov/Uhura/Spock and if I'm not mistaken, Sulu as well. Very good writing to do that. You don't often see things implied so cleverly and not spelled out. I think it takes a lot more talent to do subtle. :)
Witchy-grrl chapter 7 . 6/12/2011
GORGEOUS and packs SO MUCH in so few words, which I absolutely adore in character study-type fics. :D
Lady Merlin chapter 7 . 3/16/2010
lulz! This is so cute! I was a bit doubtful about how IC you could keep it, but you've done an amazing job of it! everyone's perfectly IC and you've managed to insert little non-cannon bits and made them feel and taste so loverly! keep updating!

Love,

Lady Merlin
irezel chapter 7 . 2/25/2010
really great! i enjoyed reading this immensely!
irezel chapter 2 . 2/25/2010
that is SO cute!
GingerGirl221 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
This is fantastic. You've managed to capture Jim so well with so few lines and words overall. Seriously, this is great. I can't wait to read the rest!
Spooky4ever chapter 7 . 1/30/2010
This was incredibly well written. I loved every chapter, I can't really decide which one is my favorite! The Sulu/Chevok bits were cute, Sprocket tugged my heartstrings (and hob goblin made me laugh respectively), the whole McCoy chapter was complete awesome, and really, this story is just amazing.
Lilith Luciferia chapter 3 . 1/15/2010
That 'Sprocket' bit was lovely.
plutosha chapter 5 . 11/30/2009
This is truly adorable, I enjoyed it very much, thank you:).

Just a few name corrections: Vova-short from Vladimir, in Russia its always a boy's name, never girl's. Keesa does mean a kitten, or more accurately "pussy cat" but it can't be a name, only a nickname, mostly given by man to their girlfriends.

The names are probably not that important for English speakers but will confuse a hell out of any Russian.
raecat chapter 7 . 10/14/2009
Just wanted to say I thought this was great and loved the whole thing. So much thought went into each one! Wonderful :)
thesorcerousnation chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
E! So cute! (laugh) Is Pavel having sisters canon? I need to know that too... (see review for Chapter 6). I loved the section with Uhura; it was just too adorable. The section with Kirk was hilarious... poor Pavel... (more laughing). The section with Sulu... that wasn't meant to be pre-slash, was it? I don't like that kind of thing, and in this case I don't because I claim Pavel for myself! Or rather, my OC... (see review for chapter 6 again... and please look for the story when it comes up... sometime in the next five years, at the rate my writing is going! Gr...) Thank you so much for this great story!
thesorcerousnation chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
Ah, this was awesome... poor man, he really does have a terrible first name! I love how you tied together the other chapters with some of the same scenes from a different person's (in this case Scotty's) point of view. Off to read Chekov's chapter!