Reviews for The Evelyn Blake Diaries
Dead Turtle chapter 92 . 2/3
Well, this is the end.

I thank you for writing this. It makes me appreciate Emily Climbs even more. It's best if you read this alongside with it, I think, just so you don't get swallowed by Evelyn's biases.

Great, great writing. I could never write as good as you.
Dead Turtle chapter 91 . 2/3
Bland flattery and stale jokes, eh? Emily said it was very amusing.

Guess she would like the more racy ones Emily had home, but hey, Emily had learned not to shittalk people too much with her ability.
Dead Turtle chapter 88 . 2/3
Ah, Evelyn doesn't care she plagiarizes. This is why she's not a real writer. She has no respect for the craft.

Though now I notice a subtle retcon in Evelyn. According to Emily Climbs, she seems to be afraid of her father and wants to live up to his expectations. But here, it just depends on her mood, as there are many times she has defied him. And she never told Emily about that gap between her and her father's expectations.

And Emily never really knew about who she really are according to this fic.

In the end, Evelyn is not really a rival to Emily. She's more of a Josie Pye, a nuisance. Like Anne's rival is Gilbert and Emily's rival is her own literary ambitions and Ilse.
Dead Turtle chapter 87 . 2/3
Ahahahaha, it finally happens. The confrontation in which Evelyn almost cried.

"I-I was crazy to go. Oh, DON'T betray me, Emily-
Father will be furious. I-I'll give you the Parkman set-I'll do
anything-only don't-"

Of course she won't write it in the diary. Her pride would not allow her begging to Emily to be written down for posterity.

And Evelyn doesn't know that she has to apologize for making Aunt Ruth suspicious of Ilse. She doesn't even know her. It's not just because Emily wants revenge or comeuppance.

And she still has no regret at all. Maybe all of those tears are false.

Well now, after reading this story, I think I feel less sorry for her. You just don't mess around with Emily Byrd Starr.

Ironically, Emily is less caught up in hatred
Dead Turtle chapter 83 . 2/3
Okay, what is this dialect story? I can't find it at all in Emily Climbs.
Dead Turtle chapter 82 . 2/3
Still got no idea what kind of story Evelyn writes.
Dead Turtle chapter 75 . 2/3
Evelyn being jelly as usual.
Dead Turtle chapter 70 . 2/3
Aunt Iz, the future of Evelyn.
Dead Turtle chapter 68 . 2/3
Yep, Evelyn's sentiments feel very 21st century indeed. Where would she know all that? I don't even think Montgomery knew that.
Dead Turtle chapter 63 . 2/3
I have no idea why she's going depressed here.

Emily's depression came from her growing apart from her friends and seeing said friends be successful while she keeps failing on climbing that alpine path to fame. Also Dean fake-criticizing her book which dealt a crippling blow to her self-esteem. And there was no Mr. Carpenter to put some sense into her.
Dead Turtle chapter 57 . 2/3
Ha, that's a nice one, Ilse.
Dead Turtle chapter 55 . 2/3
Teddy's drawing of beautiful smiles is his shining point. And how it's Emily's smile is why it's so romantic and why they belong together.

Of course, Evelyn won't understand this since she's a lover of ugliness after all.
Dead Turtle chapter 52 . 2/3
Jane Eyre, eh? I should read that. But I'm busy with Emma and Wuthering Heights.
Dead Turtle chapter 49 . 2/3
Once again, she shows her love for ugliness instead of beauty here.
Dead Turtle chapter 50 . 2/3
Wow, she turns into Miss Wade for a second there to Mary, thinking kindness is condescension.

And she turns into Dickens afterwards, with his telescopic philanthropy criticism.