Reviews for Flotilla
Jeslie chapter 5 . 4/26/2014
Very chilling-excellent look at indoctrination and what it does to the mind. I especially loved Saren's dreams. "But aren't you afraid? It's dark and empty and the Reapers want you dead"-perfect.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/22/2013
These are all really good, and I surprised myself by finding the Liara/Wrex to be my favorite. You are the first person, and I include the actual game writers in this statement, who has been able to make me understand Liara's character and sympathize with her. I wanted to jettison her out the airlock for the whole series, and now I feel like a jerk and I need to replay the whole thing with a fresh perspective. Thanks. _ Also, your stories are awesome and you write aliens really well.
MomentousMinutiae chapter 6 . 2/12/2013
Awww...This was a cute chapter. I never would have thought of Garrus with Ashely, but you pulled it together.
Ygrain33 chapter 4 . 10/3/2012
I've always felt sorry Nihlus was done away with so quickly, and now I'm even more, thinking of what might-have-beens.
Ygrain33 chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
This chapter totally rocked - all of it, but the asari consultation the most!
Ygrain33 chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
The very embodiment of awkwardness and years of calm experience and resolve... I never imagined it might work like that, but you did make it work! Truly amazing!
Ygrain33 chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Ah, adorable. I like the realisation that the romance is not realistically possible to pursue - and yet, it simply won't go away.
Reyavie chapter 10 . 10/2/2012
Absolutely and completely amazing. You have this flowing style (I can't describe it in any other way) and it's half poetry, half music; it just gripped me and I didn't let go for the whole thing. You make things plausible and real, I can't say much more. Just adore it. Well done :) Please continue.
Emmalyn chapter 10 . 6/12/2012
Heartbreaking, but still wonderful.

On a side note, I realized this fic was two years old when I saw your A/N about Garrus being a romance option in ME2 and went "oh crap, this poor author will get 5,000 notifications about my reviews on a two-year-old fic." XD So, uh, sorry about that! Just wanted to leave thoughts and praise as I thought of them, instead of saving them for later (and probably forgetting them, as I'm wont to do).

Anyway, thanks for all of these great little fics! I look forward to reading your Assassin's Creed ones once I've finished the secnd game. :D
Emmalyn chapter 7 . 6/12/2012
These vignettes were very interesting, especially Sha'ira's for some reason. Guess it's just easier to empathize with her than Pallin or snooty Udina. And examinations of the burden of care-emotional or otherwise-hit close to home for me. Great work!
Emmalyn chapter 6 . 6/12/2012
Ahaha, this was so cute and worked so well (again, an unexpected bonus!). I can believe that Ash would be all emotionally stuttery and less self-confident than her partner in this kind of situation; she's got lots of family history and personal issues to work out along the way. But it turned out really sweet. c:
Emmalyn chapter 5 . 6/12/2012
Loved this. I found myself humming bits of the Latin as if they were song lyrics in English (?), and freaked myself out before I remembered that my choir did Verdi's "Requiem" in college and that's where I'd remembered so much of the verbiage from. XD (And it worked really well with the story.)

But yes! This was beautifully done, and sneaking a peek into Saren's head was fascinating. I can't imagine that acknowledging the kind of cognitive dissonance that comes along with indoctrination would be easy. Whew.
Emmalyn chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
Whoa. I totally wouldn't have thought of this either, at least not on my own, but hey, you made it work, so more power to you! :D It's true though, Nihlus wasn't really around enough to get a friendship going. Too bad, he was an interesting character. Glad you decided to explore this pairing! c:
Emmalyn chapter 3 . 6/12/2012
Haha, it's true, I would NOT call Garrus and f!Shepard an "odd" pairing by any means, especially given the number of fans they have! But I love the new stuff that you added to their relationship; the asari therapists were an especially funny (and sweet) twist. Of course, I also just love the idea of interspecies couples counseling (being a social worker myself), so there is that. Hehe. ;D
Emmalyn chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
Ahaha, poor Liara, all that apologizing and inexperience! XD This idea worked even better than I'd expected it to, and it's all thanks to your skill in writing that it was so believable. I really do like the way these two play off of each other! (And the looks inside their minds were just perfect.)