Reviews for Twist
Alchemy student chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Oh god, this was good. This was suprisenly good and a little haunting. The ending I mean. This is mainly because it raises so many questions about the possibilty of Yugi dieing and Atemu dealing with the loss that I can't even begin to think about it. The story was well written and the characters done excellently.

Thank you sir.
Theif King Akefia Bakura chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
ya know...do you ever think they could be friends..? :,(
SiRenfield chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Wow, this is surprisingly dark O_O...I LIKE IT! XD
Fallen4Cas chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
I have no words. I am literally at a loss as to what to write. This is so powerful, and touched me in a way I didn't expect. I see so many fics, where Bakura redeems himself, and helps save the world, but he wouldn't. He COULDN'T. His rage is too strong. This story depicts that perfectly. No one seems to ever realize there is NOTHING he wouldn't do to hurt Atem. There is no length he wouldn't go to, making sure he suffered, and that still wouldn't be enough for him. And him pushing Atem into madness, well that was just the icing on the cake. Thank you for this marvelous tale!
KaiKappel chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Holy crap... This was beautiful sad but very beautiful writing I love it :D
BreakItDwn chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Oh dear...listening to Call Me by Shinedown and reading this at the same time...makes a person emotional as hell.

That said, beautiful story. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when clicking, quite honestly. At first, judging by the summary, I thought it would be a fic where Yami stands above Bakura and the like, mourning his fallen comerade all the while. This however..was nothing like I was expecting. It was so much better. The Pharoh's actions were shocking, a true testament to his darker, less foucused on, half. Without Yugi, the one who held the frayed strings together, so to speak, his mind unhinged itself. The sprialing actions of the Pharoh's psyche of itself was something to behold, but the events that occured afterward? Dark, disturbing and altogether brilliant pretty much sum everything up.

Dark fics are by far my favorite types of stories on this site, but never has one been done so poetically and emotionally as what I have read here. The writing was fantastic; consise and chalk full of symbolisim. Every action was portrayed in a way that made me feel as if there was more than what was presented, as if there was some deep meaning lurking just beneath the surface. The plot in its own right gave me chills, but the execution was just...wow. Honestly, it left me speechless and wanting more.

Anywho, amazing story. I hope to read some of you other works in the not so far off future.

ReadyFred-ReadyGeorge chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
It's got to be said, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fic. Seeing somebody explore the darker side of the Yu-gi-oh Universe is always refreshing, especially since I just completed a massive GX marathon, where everything is a lot more child friendly :)

Onto the review itself, I thought that the idea behind this fanfic was great, and it made me look at both Yami Bakura and The Pharaoh in a somewhat different light. Bakura remains in perfect canonical character throughout, if not in action then in his mannerisms and personality. Its certainly always seemed to me that he saves his moments of pure insanity (as shown here) for the Pharoah's eyes alone, remaining the blooding, calculating, but ultimately sane villain in the background when other people are present, Marik for instance. Despite an episode of knife wielding violence being above and beyond the bouts of insanity shown in canon (for obvious reasons) it still remains entirely plausible within his canonical character in my opinion, and the extremity of it is at the same time lovingly refreshing. I thought your use of the phrase 'unenthusiastic moans' to describe his pain to be a simplistic, yet ultimately effective representation: the Spirit of the Ring does strike me as the sort of person who is so familiar with pain that it has become dulled; an inconvenience to him rather than an agonising experience, so 'unenthusiastic moan' definitely fits better than say 'blood-curdling scream' from my perspective. :) Slightly off topic, I thought your description of Bakura as being 'Often the one to draw his own blood.' was an interesting addition to the otherwise canonical representation. I'll admit I never saw Bakura as the type of person who would resort to self harm, or the harm of his host, unless it was necessary, he always seemed too strong-willed, but I like that little addition to his character, it quietly emphasises the emotional pain that haunts him under the surface.

Moving on to the Pharaoh's portrayal, I thought it was rather other-worldly from how he is seen in canon, which offsets Bakura's 'in character' maliciousness very well within the context of this fic. Apart from his rather over-overenthusiastic 'mind-crushing' in the Duellist Kingdom arc, Yami never seemed to resort to violence for anything, he was the very picture of altruism, even when consumed by grief when Yugi lost his soul in the 'Waking the Dragons' filler arc. So your portrayal of him here was shocking initially, but poetically so, and it was wholly refreshing to read. I realised quickly that you have captured the very essence of the two spirits' rivalry; only Bakura out of all of the Pharaoh's many enemies and rivals; Kaiba, Pegasus, Marik, The Big Five, Dartz, etc, can get under Yugi and the Pharaoh's collective skin and break them inside. He forces Yami to tap into that base rage we saw in the first arc, rather than be the good man he is normally. I don't know if you intended to create such an image in your writing, but this is certainly my interpretation of the emotions conveyed and I tip my (admittedly purely metaphorical) hat to you for your invoking of them. (Note to self; get a hat to tip.) Your description of Yugi being the Pharaoh's 'bridge' was another simplistic but effective bit of wordplay, (though from a grammatical perspective the following sentence does not necessarily need the 'in it' at the end, it could be left as 'and he was drowning.' Though this is more an observation than a criticism, as the sentence is no less emotionally effective either way, so I do apologise for knit-picking.) What I did like very much, in the same vein as your use of the word 'unenthusasitc' as I mentioned previously, was your use of the words 'disappointed wheeze,' when Bakura knees Yami somewhere rather private and painful. It captures the guilt that he feels at being briefly foiled in his attempt to avenge Yugi.

My only other comments are that, constructively, the phrase 'the emptiness within him, where once had been purity and restraint.' is effective but seems to lack something in the wording, I think 'purity' is good, but 'restraint' could maybe be swapped with a different word, such as 'altruism' or even 'emotion.' Your call entirely, it works as it is, but I felt it could be improved somehow from a constructively critical point of view. Finally, the 'Grim Reaper's Hourglass' simile was genius, and is poetically fitting to Bakura's character, since his spirit is the closest thing to a Grim Reaper that Yu-gi-oh ever represents, (barring perhaps Nightshroud in GX)

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this fic and I hope my review was in some way helpful.
Keep up the great work :)

RFRG
yugiohlover667 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I meant no grammar mistakes
yugiohlover667 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I loved this fic it was great the characters stayed in the correct place and there were so mistakes on the grammar either

And I like to see limey man save this one which I'm wearing the top now

Poor ryou, bakura, yugi and poor yami they lost most dear things ryou lost his life and a friend
Bakura lost his host
Yugi had lost his life and a friend
And yami lost his host and two friends (yugi and ryou)
Yami lost the most from this battle

Good work LK I love your YGOTAS and your fics
CutePiglet chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Couldn't help but a leave a review. Beautifully written and a very IC fic, one of the best fics I've ever read if I'm gonna be honest. Yami and Bakura are both so in character that it's almost too good to be true.

Great job!
72wolfpuppy chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Aw Yami! T.T *hugs him* don't be sad! You did the right thing. (I actually did cry reading this XP)
Shadowcat2428 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Not only did he kill Bakura he killed RYOU!
Sonikkuruzu chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This is awesome. Beautifully written (no spelling or grammar mistakes [unusual for this site]) and the imagery is amazing. I'm gonna have a visual representation of this fic stuck in my head for ages! :D
Brennason chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
That was very disturbing. But it was also really good. Thank god that's not how the actual show ended. The poor pharaoh. Poor Yugi, I can't believe he was lost!
Bakura is a really scary guy.
Canta in Somnio chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
O.O So dark! Really it's quite good! The joke at the beginning was a teensy bit out of place with how dark the rest of the fic was, but that's just me nitpicking. I loved it!