Reviews for Noblesse Oblige
Nenalata chapter 10 . 3/13/2010
This is utterly fascinating. I suppose that, playing as an Altmer and roleplaying intensely under that race, I should feel offended, but I can't find it in me, I'm too engrossed. I'm starting to suspect the Mythic Dawn, but the mention of the hood and Night Mother...then again, that figure smiling to himself after the failed assassination attempt is quite interesting. Eh, you're the author and you obviously know, so I'll stop with that.

But...I see we have all the guilds covered. Throw in Mazoga the Orc and we have ourselves in-game Cyrodiil, haha. I do like your portrayal of the Waterfront; brings an interesting and more realistic view of the City...I also like seeing this all on the 'clean' side of the law. Adding government corruption and the lack of good in the lae enforcement adds even more fun reading to be had. I love it! A few typos, but do you really want to go back and fix every 'th' to a 'the' as if it will affect the readability?

mALX chapter 10 . 1/19/2010
Great chapter Ambrose51! Your fight scene was deliciously detailed and believable, easy to imagine. The interaction with the Dunmer was perfectly done, great dialogue and the tags worked effortlessly to move the story along! I was also struck by the first paragraph - having known a "Joker" when they went through an upset of that sort - that was exactly how they handled it, very accurate description of that!
Crisium chapter 7 . 9/19/2009
I thought you didn't care for first-person, but you've pulled it off well. It's a gripping scene, through and through- the panic at the end when he realizes the gravity of his actions I found particularly vivid.
Crisium chapter 4 . 7/20/2009
Maybe a little bit of writer's block? The chapter certainly doesn't seem to have suffered for it. Lucius is one of the best-written good-guy cops (for lack of a better word) in fic I've ever come across. But yeesh, poor Orson.

And the daughter of one of the Elder Council, a pirate? That's interesting.
Crisium chapter 3 . 7/12/2009
Quite a lot good here. Lucius' curmudgeon-ish-ness and sort of grim-eyed realism come though quite clearly, and the conversation between Orson and Lucius feels very natural.

I have a feeling the Breton girl's important but I'm up late and not at my sharpest so I'm drawing a blank.

And there's the humor in a lawman's wife skipping out on the tab at the restaurant, of course.

I don't remember Lucius having quite such a poor opinion of the Blades, though. (I need to go back and re-read A Cloak of Lies.) It's so odd and original to see that sort of opinion expressed in a fic- usually writers treat the Blades like living saints (I know I'm guilty of it myself.)

I'm rambling. Another very good chapter, Ambrose, and I look forward to your future updates.
Crisium chapter 2 . 7/6/2009
Hmm, an Orc thief. Who might THAT be?

Lucius' treatment of him was fantastic. He was one of my favorite more minor characters in A Cloak of Lies, so seeing him appear here (so young, and so inept to boot) is rather delightful.

Another very good chapter- this story really has me hooked already. Keep up the good work!
Crisium chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I like the inclusion of the Imperial Academy, which makes sense- after all, those legions of guards have to come from somewhere. And it's fascinating to see Lucius and Orson at this point of the story. I like Lucius as a character, especially the way you write him, and so having the story mostly told from his perspective sounds very promising.

So- it's a great start. And a hundred thousand words? That's a lot to look forward to. I hope you update soon!
Atom 68 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Great story "Ambrose", I look forward to reading it and i hope Dro'Shanji makes it in here.