Reviews for Misconduct
breadsticks chapter 2 . 7/31/2009
Interesting. I love how you weave the sociopolitics that Shinra is playing and the subtle horror of Dr. Hojo's projects. Also very much in love with Tseng's struggle between duty and loyalty to Zack.

But what I really liked the most was Zack's voice in this story. It just feels absolutely right.

Thanks for writing.
emptyword chapter 2 . 7/29/2009
Here's to migrating in packs! Although I'm sure this story is going to attract its own band of followers in no time.

Yes, this was a dialogue chapter, a set-up chapter, a "boring" chapter. But you do such a good job laying out the intricacies underfoot, hinting at the unspoken agendas on each side, and spinning all the threads of tension at play between each character that it's everything BUT boring. Never is a conversation just a conversation - in that, this chapter is reminiscent of one of my favorite ZaiProj scenes: the HQ meeting that Kenshin returns to attend, right after he rescues Kaoru on the steps. (To digress to a crazy fact: Everytime I see a laundry chute now, I think of Kaoru's desperate escape from her house down to the hard, unforgiving pavement. :D) The scene pits Zack and Tseng against the President, Heidegger, and the Hojo clone - excuse me, Dr Emil I meant - but they each retain very distinct perspectives and motives of their own, so there's a lot of mystery, a lot of counter-acting forces under the surface. It's intriguing!

"The big man was glaring at him over his beard with a hostility that he found strangely reassuring. It seemed a lot more honest, at any rate." - This is a very human reaction, I think, the desire to know upfront what you're up against. But I'm a little surprised at Zack's automatic suspicion of Tseng; Zack's usually a lot more perceptive than that. The Nibelheim incident must have shaken him, made him more paranoid.

"I’m sorry, Zack. There really was nothing I could do." - Fatalistic statements like that always feel like a lie. Even if I believe him. :D
Dragi chapter 2 . 7/27/2009
i wanna read more :) and liked the story so far :)
kysis-the-bard chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Oh wow, I'm really liking this AU so far. I can't wait to read more.

And I love Tseng. Way too much for my own good. I love the way you portray him in this chapter. 3
mom calling chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Each time a new chapter to an existing story comes in, I have to reread everything, 'cause I have a terrible memory/too many partial stories in my head...I had to do it again now...lots of maneuvering here-Zack can't trust anyone, Tseng has never been able to trust anyone. How he has remained sane is a marvel after so many years in the guts of Shinra. And Cloud is...? It's early on in your story, too early for me to sense where you'll be going. thx, tho mc
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
I really liked the sense of tension between Tseng and Zack. Tseng was trying so hard to help him, but Zack seems to be carrying around so much baggage from the Sephiroth incident that it's just not getting through to him.

I also liked the ambivalence of Tseng's position, being part of an organization that is unfairly ruthless while trying to pull the wool over its eyes to save Zack.

Just wish I remembered more of the secondary characters from the Final Fantasy universe. Who was Heidegger? Was he in the FFVII movie?

Anyhow, good chapter! I'm looking forward to more!
KlikStar chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Wow. I've never read a story like this before. I mean you get the ones where they escape and Zack lives, but I've never seen one where it's only Cloud that's taken and the soldier returns to Midgar alone.

This is an amzing story and really pulled me in, so I guess it's kind of obvious for me to say that I can't wait to see what happens next :o)
Whitefleur chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Another very good chapter. Can't wait to read what happens next ;)
scarlettHuntress chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
Ach, poor little Zack. You can really feel how uneasy and resentful he is of Shinra.

This is Rafira from LJ, btw. Yo! In case you forgot who that is, the chick who was talking to you about chapter 1 of this on crisis hardcore.
Beruthiel's Cat chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
MOST excellent work. I am extremely fond of longer chapters, especially dialog-driven ones which serve to further the story by showing rather than merely telling. Narrative is great, you've used it well to keep the charaters from being static.

Cloud's circumstances in the previous chapter are very well handled, not merely gore for gore's sake. Anyone familiar with the fandom already is already familiar with Hojo's sadistic nature, and being allowed to imagine what is taking place (as you have done) is more effectively chilling than having it spelled out in detail.

Tseng handled well is most gratifying. There is always more to him than meets the eye.

Across the board, all characters are exactly as they need to be given this situation, the plot premise solid as presented. More, later...I'm being reminded of ffnet text limit, so I'll mention Zack and the others next time, lol. In short, he is very well thought out, totally believeable.

Again, well done!

Beruthiel's Cat (not the one registered here)
blahrius chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
Awesome chapter. I wonder what happens to Cloud now?

Anyways, can't wait to see what happens next so please update soon. C:
shongnom chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
GAAHUNSJDNMSMGJDNRLDWSMRAWR! arrghh i cant wait for zack to find out that cloud's alive! OMG COME ON TSEENNGG! TELL ZAACKK! YOU KNO U WANT TO! ahahaha... how long will it be anyways until zack finds out? i hope not too long cant wait for more
SymphonyOfDestruction chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
Ha! Finally new chapter. The waiting has ended, at last... but who cares! Chapter was uh, I hate to say it though, long and boring - dont worry though, in every fanficion there has to be chapter like that - with lotsa talking and stuff. I hope your not mad at me because of this. Don't take it as an offence towards the fan fiction coz i still freaking LOVE IT! XD

Too bad no Hojo Cloud awesomeness this time. I can stand it though, hope something great will arrive. However, please don't mess this lab plot you have started, I've seen too many good fan fictions of this kind ending up bloodless, painless and only like 1 mako shot end. Hojo is much more sadistic than that (Thats what I love him for though xD).

The whole "Zack The Hero" concept seems very good, I can't wait how it turns out "Zack the Sephiroth (general of the army) Copy" ? XD

No Aerith this time either, I hope she gets at lest one line in upcoming chapter.

Wish you best, but please - if you could update little faster - I can't wait so long for next chapter of this fan fiction.

Keep it up - so good story can't be wasted.

Cheers,

SoD
Ziggy Pasta chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
Wow! Love it! I'm completely hooked! Your dialogue is superb, everyone is in perfect character! I was cracking up at the line "The big man was glaring at him over his beard with a hostility that he found strangely reassuring." Loved this line to no end! I really enjoy your writing style a lot, and I can't wait for the next chapter. Please hurry, I'm becoming rabid! O_O
Zexion's Somebody chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
yay, you updated! *glomps*

thanks a lot for the awesome chapter, i'm glad zack got through this interrogation without an order for him to vanish mysteriously going out.

but poor tseng, i really like the way you write him and how he subtly tries to help but can't really tell zack anything.

can't wait for the next one ;)
180 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »