Reviews for I'm Saying You Can't Have It
ChasingProse chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
This was good. Quite good, in fact.
Sam chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Well, this isn't canon-compliant, if that's what you were going for. When Doyle was asked if Cassie's baby's father was a member of the crew he said "no". Cassie/Mace chemistry is simply that, not the result of a previous relationship.

Also, the reactions (like Cassie falling to her knees and sobbing) come off more melodramatic than as authentic.

And I know YMMV regarding the morality of abortion, but I really don't see how you can basically support the killing of a crew member but not an abortion. The reality is, a crew member switch at NASA delays missions. Even with other capable pilots being interviewed, they'd still have to undergo rigorous training and psychological evaluation before being cleared. The world would need to know ASAP: does the bomb work? Because if not...they have to start, desperately, searching for a backup plan. Or humanity would die.

And finally, it is canon that Searle handled her abortion and helped her hide it from the command.
southern cross chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
God where has this been hiding? Loved this. just totally loved the way the flashbacks filtered in and mirrored them on Icarus.

Very well done.

and I am so for some Mace loving in a car!