Reviews for The Girl Who Lived and Loved
mizz-shy-gurl chapter 20 . 8/15/2011
Can't wait for the new chapters, hope they come soon.
DawnScarlet19610 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Primrose is such a horrid old name. she was born in 1980, not the 1700's. i think that if they named harry's middle name after james, theyd do the same if she was a girl and use lily. besides, j k rowling mentioned it was an tradition in the evans family to name the daughters after flowers. lily would follow that tradition. if she used rose, it wouldnt be PRIMrose. it would be rose. lily isnt lilian, shes just lily.
Purple 'N' Blue Wings chapter 11 . 7/30/2011
This was great!
korrd chapter 19 . 7/29/2011
I never would have read this had I not seen it on the CK16 deviantart page, but not because I found it to be a Mary-Sue fic. I avoided it because I dislike Draco and am generally against him being paired with any of the girls in Harry Potter, or having a major role save as a laughing stock/bad guy. This story is going slower and has shorter chapters than most, but the character of Rose is definitely not a Mary-Sue. The reason she might be viewed as such is due to the lack of in-chapter anti-Rose content. You allude to it with her conversation with Tracey as well as her conversations with Draco but you have little of it in the story itself. The lack of conflict in the story outside of some small arguments makes it seem like Rose is liked by all. The majority of those calling Rose a Mary-Sue most likely subscribe to the idea that Harry himself was a retard and the only way he ever got through Hogwarts was due to Hermione. You explain Rose's interest in her education and don't make her overpowered or anything. So the only thing I can say to get rid of the detractors is to put in a little more conflict between Rose and the other characters. Don't give up.
Purple 'N' Blue Wings chapter 7 . 7/29/2011
lOVED IT!
Purple 'N' Blue Wings chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
This was a realy great chapter. I was almost in tears.
EDelta88 chapter 18 . 7/28/2011
"You're the one who challenged Ron to a wizards duel in the first place, so you could at least have some honor and show up. I wont have my friend get in trouble be cause you want to be a git" she told him as she dragged him up stairs, down halls, around corridors until finally they were within feet of the unlocked door of the trophy room.-Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, that's the kinda stuff that will make this worth reading.
EDelta88 chapter 12 . 7/27/2011
Again, there wasn't all that much to the chp that was NEW, you don't need to redo ALL of it, just glossing over certain parts would be more than enough
EDelta88 chapter 11 . 7/27/2011
Well, my biggest issue so far is that you are mostly just rehashing canon, and because of this your story doesn't feel unique the changes you've made.

Now, granted, Rose is a little spitfire but so far she doesn't feel special, she just seems like any other petulant child rather than the tough as nails kid it would take to keep that sort of spirit with the treatment she got. My suggestion would be to make her a little more openly (for the readers) sneaky and vengeful. Perhaps making a simple potion to get back at Vernon and Dudley or poisoning the lawn or something and a willingness to retaliate at school. Something very obvious to us as readers about how she is different from Harry Potter.

Your other big issues is that you're eleven chps into a fanfiction and she isn't at hoggie yet. Usually fanfics don't go 3 chps before that.
xLovely-Little-Psychopathx chapter 19 . 7/22/2011
hi i just want to say that u should not delete your story, ive had loads of stupid people posting horrid stuff on mine and at the end of the day its just a story, a few words and letters that is all. i completly disagree with the whole marysue thing and think its stupid cause its your story and your character, at the end of the day she isnt even real so i dont know what all the fuss is about. if i went into the library and found a book i didnt like i would just read another one not write to the author and say rude and abusive things so people should not be doing this to you its just a story and you have good imagination so just think to yourself that its just words on paper (in this case online) and its not as if anyone died so all of those people are just fussing over something that isnt even real, keep writing and ignore the dafties hun your doing fine
mizz-shy-gurl chapter 19 . 7/19/2011
I have just found the story and am loving it.

I would be willing to beta if you need a new one. Being slightly obsessed with FF, I'm on most days.

In the earlier chapters Rose had a bit of a temper (letter anyone :D), so maybe put a bit more of that in it.

Please update soon.
Rianne Black chapter 19 . 7/19/2011
Hi!

I like your story a lot! what mary-Sue? I dont look any Mary-Sue... Believe.. I have been read many fanfics with Mary-Sue. If they dont like it, dont matters.

Sorry for the languaje.. I am not good with english

thanks for write

you are so brave

Anne
Harpygirl24 chapter 19 . 7/19/2011
Look, your story is great just the way it is. I can't stand people calling other people's characters Mary-Sue. It takes a lot to write a story and have the guts to post it. Don't change anything except maybe making Snape a tiny bit more friendlier to Rose. He's suppose to favor his students above all others. Or she could show him Lily's journal, that will be great. Thanks for making this outstanding story, ten chocolate frogs I rate it.
whatisthisnonsense-abandoned chapter 19 . 7/19/2011
Hey there, I just wanted to say to you please don't take this down!

I don't have time to speak with you properly or I also would have reviewed the other chapters, which you deserve.

Can I just say, that in the Harry Potter fandom, the chances of you getting bad reviews, in particular flames, are very high. Whether you deserve them or not. People are very possessive about certain aspects of the book, including characters, so I think that makes your fic an easy target, being an AU for Harry's character. That's no excuse for nastiness from them, though.

But please, don't take them all to heart. In terms of your Beta, I'd be very happy to take over for the sake of grammar. If you're having a hard time, you need people who can get back to you quicker, and I can try my best. When I have more time, I can also talk to you about the Mary Sue thing. I don't think that Rose is a Mary Sue, but I think I can see why some people are laying into you. Sorry, I owe you more reviews as I've been reading this and enjoying it. If you're interested in my offer please reply! If not, I'll send you a private message when I have more time.
Vangran chapter 19 . 7/19/2011
I don't know why anyone would think that she is a Mary-Sue. I think Rose is her own person and that you have done an excellent job writing her story. Personally speaking I don't think you need to change anything. Besides there will always be people who don't like what you write. And if they don't like it they can deal with it. It's not their story, it's yours. I hope you continue to post chapters for this story. Please don't stop! It is really quite good. _
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »