Reviews for The Anatomy of Melancholy
rc48177 chapter 1 . 3/20
wow... this was very good but JESUS it was depressing.
XxChronOblivionxX chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
It feels like this should be required reading for Haruhi fans, as it is a stunning and creative interpretation of the entire series.

Not really sure what else to say, but excellent job.
Star chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Wow... This was very sweet and made me wonder. I love the way you explained the general oddness that is melancholy, and how you did Haruhis character and Kyons. Well done by far one of the best fanfics!
Engro chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Wow, and i thought the movie had a darker theme.
It's a GREAT one-shot.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
This is amazing!
Fallen Dragonfly chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Good, quite good. No critiques I can think of.
tangojr1993 chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
LOVED your story. It's really creative and your storytelling is excellent. My favorite Suzumiya fanfic ever!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
SAD
ScarletEdge98 chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
one of the best one-shots I've ever read
Brilliant
Hateshi chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
...Wow... Now I'm wondering what the good Doctor has to say about Haruhi's other novels... maybe that Endless Eight is her desire to go back and change things (or would that be Bamboo Rhapsody) probably both, just expressed differently... definitely mentioning the Mikuru-chan movie and its ending disclaimer as proof she is unable to completely believe the fiction is fiction... most important thing from the later 'journals' will have to be how 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' shows she believes he would be better off (still alive maybe?) if she never met him, but simultaneously wants to be wanted by him... Hehe, I'd like to read more, if your willing to extend past a one-shot - say 1 chapter per book ('journal')?
DappledKarma chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
My mind is blown. That was... simply an amazing interpretation. Thank you for sharing this.
Mojako chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Wo... im starting to wonder if this is a fan fiction or a manuscript...
Pen Syle Vania chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
One word. Fantastic.
The Flying Lion chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
That... that is pure brilliance.

The whole of it and the take of it in this new perspective is just interesting. Well intriguing and invigorating for my mind, explaining much at least through this interpretation yet staying relatively human about it. It's a take on Haruhi that's a bit darker but it works greatly here and isn't dark for the sake of dark it's just all around intriguing.

It's fics like this, reading it, and enjoying it that give me hope that there can be writers that truly write out with full brilliance and excellence that make one smile an appreciate such work. It could have been easy to have ended it on a happy note like Haruhi with Kyon accepting the reality she created and it becoming true but sticking to the actual grounded reality established on the sad note works much better. I can tell you were going for a different kind of note here and you really hit the mark here.
Indian FictionFan chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
it is the best Haruhi fic i've ever read.
The Masterpiece of Haruhi Suzumiya!
you are creative.