Reviews for The Anatomy of Melancholy
girlsgenerationseo chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I love this story it really is one of a kind and outstanding I feel like you got to know her in a deeper level.
The Jingo chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Depressing, but well written. Was sent here by youtube :D
Ammaranthe chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This is absolutely amazing! I found your story through a link from an AMV on You Tube, read it with the song playing, and was blown away. Your take on the true authorship of the Haruhi novels is clever, and very sweet. And some of your alternate story titles are downright hilarious (The Posthumous Harlotry of Haruhi Suzumiya - now I'd read that one :D ) Thank you for a wonderful story.
strangess chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I will write more another time but I _really_ liked this story because for me one of the most poignant bits of the series is realizing part of what drives Haruhi to be such a jerkass is fear. Fear of the meaninglessness of life and having been too smart for her own good. She gazed into that dark abyss LONG before she was ready to. (And in a culture which really has very little support for getting over such a glimpse.) So having the story conclude on the note it does, with Haruhi confessing she could not bear reminding herself she's NOT that special or unique...seemed amazingly appropriate. I don't think this is the "real" backstory but it shows a glimpse of the essence of Haruhi quite elegantly. It's hard to work well in a short story and you do well here with that :)
Kami no Kage chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I just want to let you know i was crying the entire time i was reading thois. it was quite touching.
Gxmwp chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
...wow!
SailorLuckCard chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Best. Story. Ever.

This is a depressing story. You made me cry. Especially when I'm listening to Christina Perri. Yeah.

Congrats for being the best drama Haruhi writer ever.

Encore!
i-Spit-on-Fire chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I am speechless. That was, wow. Ok I REALLY cant find a word to describe this.
SWORDJ chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Wow. That was...really heartwrenching.

Seeing Haruhi like that makes me feel...so melancholic myself.

Great oneshot.
fated-bluebird chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Wonderful story! This is one of the best interpretations of this series that I have ever read! Keep up the good work!
justbehappydammit chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Oh...Oh god. That...That is the saddest thing ever. And so very believable.
Zukemon chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
This is probably the best interpretation I've seen of the Haruhi universe. It made me re-evaluate the series and finding new interpretations of certain events.

I also loved what you did with the inserts of "The ... of Haruhi Suzumiya" It reminded me of the running "I am Jack's..." joke from fight club and I found myself reading them with the same deadpan tone.

This is without a doubt the best story in this category that I've read. Keep up the superb work.
Not-Always-Fanfiction chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
This is really good, I love your idea, and I want to ask you to continue this, it would be a great story, although I don't see how you would finish this.
HerbCurb7 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Amazing rendition of the story! I have a few other renditions too! Thank you for writing this!
Lady Nightwisp chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Wow. Just, wow.

This was beautiful. Very sad, but amazing.

I was in tears by the end. And I never cry at anything.
115 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »