Reviews for The Anatomy of Melancholy
SgtHydra chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
*jaw drops off*

Damn...

Pfft... I am utterly stunned.

Completely and utterly stunned.

The best oneshot I have ever read. Period. No questions asked.

It is very rare to encounter a fic this good on here.

You win the internets, good sir.
dark insanity 13 chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
wow. that's all i can say. wow. okay, i'm lying, i can say more.

this certainly gives a whole new interpretation to the series. it's dark, yes, but it's intriguing and makes sense with the original story. Haruhi's characterization is incredibly human and easy to relate to, as she feels that she was not ready for someone so close to her to die so soon in her life.

i'm just stuck for words this time. this one's going on my favourites :)
Cha-Cha-Cheesecake chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
This was an amazing FanFic! It made me so sad T_T

*FAVOURITES*
Akai-Kurenai chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I'm sure that all of your other reviewers have said this, but I'll just repeat another time: this is a very fascinating story idea.

The idea of Haruhi writing the story is interesting, and the shrink idea was also great.

The major qualms I have with this fanfiction are its grammar errors and POVs. It's very difficult to switch between two POVs within a story, and even those authors who are skilled at it usually switch between chapters or indicate the switch with a noticeable line break.

I don't really feel Haruhi, though. Sure, I can tell that she is somewhat melancholic and bitter, but that's about it. Is she still the same Haruhi, or is she completely different?

Ah, well. Good job, and keep writing!
BananasForMonkeys chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Wow, this story was so depressing, and happy at the same time in a way. It made me want to cry a bit, and there aren't many fan fictions that make me feel that way. In other words, great job!
Broken Kilter Express chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
This has got to be the most heartbreaking haruhific i have ever read. Its also an amusing what if, enough to make me smirk and mope at the same time. This goes in my favs.
Arty d'Arc chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
A little confusing to read. I see what you're trying to do but it might have been better for you to stick with one perspective. The idea itself however is fascinating, very sad and thoughtful.
uzukun7 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
that was an excellent story. to make an analysis of that sort is truly a refreshing look to haruhi. she seems so incredible in the canon story that its almost like shes completely delusional of the real world. and with this story, you can see how it all comes together. youre very talented author and i hope you continue writing stories of this caliber. laterz
Racke chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
This was a very interesting read.

It's nice to read something dark every once in a while.
Sasaki in a Top Hat chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Wow... this is really deep and really clever. Also really moving- I felt myself choking up a little bit. Yeah, this is very depressing... but I still like it. Not something I'd reread over and over again, but it does give me something to think about.
115 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8