Reviews for Big Black Boots
copycat-capycot chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Ahhh. Drunk!Riku is the best. :D
kestrel26 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Oh my God! That was /amazing/! Riku was beautiful in his "I'm not /really/ drunk" way and his rambling about his perfect tomboy girl. And Sora was so cute when Riku got his hopes up but when he found out Riku thought he was a girl - gosh, I felt like I'd had my hopes dashed myself! I mean, at that point I had a slight fear that maybe Sora would actually leave and the rest of the story would be Riku drunkenly reflecting on how he really wasn't gay *shudders* "The fact that his dream girl, the one who was everything he'd ever wanted, was standing here now apologizing to him for being male." - I dunno, there's just something about the fact that Sora felt he had to say sorry to Riku because he'd turned up looking effeminate, it just makes me feel even worse for him because it shows that he is just a sweet guy really who thought he'd maybe got lucky. I really felt quite bad for him. But then the ending, the ending was perfect! It was so sweet with honest, drunken Riku and still everhopeful Sora and yeah maybe for some it was a little too sappy because it worked out and they got a happy ending but that's what I like so it worked for me. I've never asked for a sequel before, but I actually this story could have a follow up chapter maybe though I won't get my hopes up.

You wanna know what really made the story though? Aside from Riku and Sora hooking up at the end, which lets be honest, any Soriku fan could write about. It was the embellishments, all of the descriptions of peoples actions, all the little things you notice going on around you in real life but rarely end up transcribed into stories that make it all the more /real/. And the depth to all of Riku's thoughts which, admittedly, was mostly rambling but it was interesting, flowing, indepth rambling that just brought the story to a whole new level compared to just anyone writing down Riku's thoughts which I guess reflects more on your level and style of writing.

And I've just remembered all over again why I really hate writing reviews for stories I actually like: I just feel like a prat waffling on. So yeah, I really really liked this story, as if you couldn't tell.

By the way, what's with the title? I don't get the meaning of it, like how it ties in with the story and I'm curious.
onelilthing chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Beautiful. So worthy of a sequel ;)
Cheondoong chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Aww. That was inexplicably sweet. :)
random alias chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
this was a really cute story, riku made a good decision when drunk yeay for riku!
RoguefanAM chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Awesome. This works really well as a one-shot, but man, I gotta say I still want more. But that's true of all great fics I guess. lol

dragontwin99 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Very cute :)
The Blue Girl chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
While, in any other story, the ending would have been beyond cheesy and way to lame, I think I liked it here. Yes, I think I do. I liked I'm-not-drunk-technically Riku. It surprised me that you still made him not totallt lame-drunk like I've read so many other drunk (and sometimes not drunk) Riku's. Ya know, when he's all not Riku...ish. I guess. Yours was beyond good.
Selina84 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
That's LOVELY, they are so cute! And Riku drunk wins XDD You're so gay Riku, live with that :3 Sora is lovable by the way, I liked him so much.

Extra-points for Kairi and ever more for Tidus, he's so amusing! XD
Adel Mortescryche chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Aww, this is way too adorable for its own good. I was freaking out in the beginning, at least for Riku's sake, but love the way you wrote the entire thing. And the scene out on the streets under the street light was just so *cute*, I couldn't help grinning. Especially when Tidus and Kairi turned up. Felt a bit bad for Sora though, at least until Riku declared that he would definitely call in the morning. I only wish I could see Sora's expression the next morning, when Riku *did* end up calling. XD Any chance of a sequel to this at some point? That would be amazing, seriously...

ps: Tidus' reaction to the whole situation was hilarious as well, btw. And Kairi, too, with her whole 'I just knew this was going to happen' reaction. Lol...
always-kh chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
nice fic. i love the pov and way it's narrated as well. i'm not usually a huge fan of these fics )(soriku i mean) but someone happened to mention your fics so i figured i'd check one out.
Ola-May chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
OMG you write beautifully. You should write more to this story I was totaly captivated 3
Keuraki-SoraXRiku chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Oh GOSH this is so cute. Awkwared, maybe. Heart wrenching, maybe. Completley and undoubtedly great, awesome, exhilerating and everything in between, yep, that at least is definate.

XD

I really do love everything you write, even though some of the things i'[m reading i shouldn't be, and others i don't understand because i'm young, and others because i choose not to. It doesn't matter, though, because all of this, all of it, is freaking awesome.

Awesome! XD

Love ya and ur stoires.

Yeps.

Regards,

Keuraki-SoraXRiku
Araea Swiftwind chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
*squees and wiggles around like a happy fangirl* Awsome story, Casey. I lurved it!
Kyoki Kiss chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I was just wondering the other day if there was any fanfiction where Sora was the one to confess feelings to Riku without Riku knowing he felt that way for Sora, or for a boy as a matter of fact. Thank goodness I read this one because it is very sweet and believable. I really love how you take your time to bring out each character; their movements and gestures, what they say, etc..

Going on my favorites list!
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »