Reviews for The Slightest Touch
Yasumi Mizuki chapter 3 . 8/14/2012
This long chapter was magnificent! I remember I read this fic a while ago before I was a member and I still love it as much as I did before I could review! Anyways, I liked this chapter very much.
Yasumi Mizuki chapter 2 . 8/14/2012
You're portraying Segawa every nicely in your fic, very realistic. This chapter was good.
Yasumi Mizuki chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I adore Masane and Segawa! But I hope I'm not the only one who support this (Of course I know that from this fic, ha ha). This is an amazing chapter!
Shiek927 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
I know it's been quite awhile, XD, and you did warn that you probably won't finish, but I still encourage you to not let this one go. Witchblade is something I've slowly been coming back too, and stories in general aren't easy to come by. Even more, this is probably my favorite one, if only because it features a character(Segawa) that I feel deserves more attention.
DayDreamer9 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
This is really amazing, you've got everyone's personalities down right. And I like the new angle with Segawa :) It'll be interesting to see where you take this tale!
Rpgingmaster chapter 6 . 8/23/2009
Good job catching the essence of Wadou. I had to physically restrain myself from punching the monitor.

Also, loved Segawa's inner monologue on how thought the man was a douche, and how he desperately tried to soften the blow of Masane's (blessedly brief) employment to him.
Rpgingmaster chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
Not bad on the change of view. The show got more serious by the points you depict, and the first person view deftly captures the tone.

Also, you did an excellent job capturing Segawa showing angst. Seriously, I really wanted to hand the guy my shoulder a few times...

P.S.- You did capture some introspective brilliance as well. Segawa is shown to act so disarmingly genuine throughout the show, not even he is certain what his own motives are. Nice job on capturing that feeling.
Rpgingmaster chapter 4 . 7/28/2009
Good humor in part one. You really captured Wadou's inborn coward pretty good. Nice touch on the fake phone call thing. Seems perfectly in character he'd used such a weak pretext to duck looking like a prick.

Excellent drama on the second half. Hiroki definitely was building up to this moment, and having Rihoko be his confidant was a really sweet touch. Also liked the timing of the "shot down", it works, sadly enough.

Excellent work.

It probably would be hard to continue what you are doing here to it's logical conclusion, and it might be best to have an epilouge chapter set after the anime to wrap everything up, but where it currently stands would work just fine.

P.S.- In the Episode 8 of my story, I give yours a deliberate shoutout. You really are a good writer.
somaticjester chapter 3 . 7/18/2009
Can't wait for more! Wow, I love this already! The waltz scene is just perfect. This made my day. XD

/Keep on updating/
somaticjester chapter 2 . 7/18/2009
Aww... this is quite cute and romantic. I can almost imagine the scene where Masane landed right on top of Hiroki. Tsk. Tsk. Rihoko must've felt embarrassed seeing those two. Good chappie. Keep it up.
Rpgingmaster chapter 3 . 7/14/2009
‘The League of Anti-Douchebaggery!”

Took me about ten minutes to quit laughing!

Anyways, good backstory for Segawa, you made his "once burned, twice shy" storyline very plausible, and I like how you shoehorned Rihoko into the canon plot with relatively few hiccups.

I also commend you taking my offhand comment about Wadou and turning it into a plot point! Never thought it would happen, but you did a good job of using it.

BTW, as for Masane being smart, she probably wouldn't use the word "justifying", but her IQ does raise quite a lot when the situation gets really serious, though by default you're absolutely correct.

P.S.- I did notice that in the few instances that Segawa is alone with Masane in the anime (and they are rare) he DOES get somewhat flustered, giving some weight to your possible pairing. Besides, while Takayama was mildly shocked at how good looking Masane looked in that white dress, Hiroki looked at her as if he had just seen God.
Rpgingmaster chapter 2 . 7/5/2009
This is great. Loved how you added Rihoko to the mix of what is still my favorite episode of the anime. I'd pay money to see Wadou try justifying being a douchebag in front of Rihoko!

On the review side, you took parts of the canon, and added to it, without it going into AU or "fan preferred shipping" territory. It truly plays out like Episode 10, but from the mind of Hiroki Segawa. Best part is, it's actually plausible, and you're doing a good job of making me a believer in Hiroki/Masane.

Thanks for the fine gift of a good story. If you'd like, feel free to review mine, because I truly enjoy yours.
somaticjester chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
MasaneXSegawa pairing? Wow, didn't expect that one coming. But seriously I love that guy and this story has a really good start. C'mon, you got to finish this. Even if its just three or four shots. Please...? :3

Awesome writing, btw.

*reclines back in the chair to wait for further updates*
Rpgingmaster chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Well, I must admit I'm torn. On one hand, I really didn't see this pairing. On the other, the way you wrote this opened my mind to the possibility.

As for the writing, it's actually pretty good. Nice touch on the regenerative powers (the anime did a poor job of showing this).

Also, despite the unlikely pairing, everyone's character was dead on. Pretty commendable, especially considering this is a non canon pairing.

Nice work.