Reviews for we break the sky
The-KLF chapter 1 . 1/9/2017
This was so good, I read it twice before reviewing!
Whedonista93 chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
This is beautiful - heartbreaking proportions of sheer beauty.
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Beautifully written. I'm not a rayner particularly but Jayne standing in the hatch watching river, and then the conversation with Mal... "Huh," exactly.
I liked the brief touches of the rest of the crew. Oh Zoe.
And then Mal and Inara. Really well done. Thanks for sharing it.
Kahlan Amnell chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
This is it! This was the Mal/Inara epilogue I was looking for. It felt honest, real. You caught Mal's voice and thoughts, and did so without embellishment. I've decided this is how the Mal/Inara story ends for me. An excellent delivery of a long-awaited conclusion. Wonderful piece!
dandeliondreams chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Wow, this was marvelous. Somehow you managed to perfectly capture the feeling of Firefly. It feels like the natural epilogue for Serenity, without pressing for ships or resurrections.

LunaBianca chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Nice prose and meaningful descriptions. You kept Mal's voice consistent throughout. Had to smile a few times about the interplay with Jayne.

Thanks for a great fic that wraps up loss and longing and uncertainty with a slender silver ribbon.
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 6/10/2011

luvagoo chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This is really lovely. Especially love that part about him hovering around Zoe, not knowing what to do. Really in character, I reckon.

Also really like the idea that they - he - bickers and insults, keeping that stalemate, not only to hide behind it but to ensure that she stays. Hadn't thought about it in exactly that way before :)
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
WOW.

I found you on DSieya's profile, and I see exactly why she's favorited a pile of stories by you. This was amazingly fantastic and pretty much perfect. The paragraph about the specific little things that "got to" Mal, had me teary and sniffling, and I got goosebumps at the end when Inara said her final line.

Everything was AWESOME! In character, full of great lines, beautifully written... love, love, loved it. :D

~Red
Etana1 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I don't know why there aren't more reviews for this piece. It's a truly beautiful one-shot. Very well written, right down to Firefly's unique way of turning the dialogue.

I hope someday you are able to find more stories in this 'Verse.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
This is so beautiful! And so very sweet and sad. I love the ending - so perfect and right and lovely. I love Firefly so much...

Kate
the handmaiden chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Great story. Definitely loved the concept of him preferring that she stay unattainable rather than trying and failing
Lattelady chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Beautiful, amazing, perfectly in character. It moved my heart and made me long for Firefly all over again.

I really like the way you touched on how each character was changed by what happened. Jayne's tenderness, Simon and Kaylee, and Zoe's sorrow. It felt true and right. But best of all was how Mal and Inara were able to move on together.

Three cheers for a wonderful job, I think Joss would be proud of you.
littleyeteager chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Perfect.

In every way.

You nailed the tone, the way the characters think, feel and talk. There wasn't too much in the way of explanation - you didn't treat the reader like an idiot. There was resolution, but the possibility of so much to come.

And yes - that is what life does to you.

Really, one of the best fanfics I have read in a long time.
humanthesaurus chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
AW! *squeals*

I like that A LOT! very in-character, poinant, made me smile. :)