Reviews for This Is Not The Sound
Victoria LeRoux chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
This was bloody brilliant. Love the repeated imagery.
tracy chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
You have a wonderful writing style. Your attention to telling details and ability to get inside a character's head is remarkable. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Really liked this, the drawn out tension, the uncertainty that both the reader and Rodney feel with no real details about where he is and none at all about who his captors are, what happened to get him there or what they want to know. I liked that the reader recognised the rescue but he didn't; leaving a question over whether Rodney was still capable of recognising that he had been saved or if it was too late.
melraemorgan chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Great story wonderful descriptive language and imagery.
michelel72 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
This is really persuasive as a look into Rodney's mind in such a situation. Poor guy! But I love his resolve.
Lisa chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
AWESOME
Kaizoku-Taii chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
i know your gonna get pissed if i reveiw every single one of your stargate stories that i read, but hey, i am now your stalker. ]

Love 3
Calamitynexus chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
That was really good. It was intense but not gritty. It was a great balance for this story.
RagingRedStar chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Fantastic oneshot. Truly superb writing, I especially loved the start. .
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
So, a serious and sensible review as promised. Fuelled by tea. NOT by caffeine. i haven't been eating chocolate covered coffee beans, as you know. No, not me. Nor laughing evilly. I would not be laughing at character pain and torment as is evidenced here. Gosh, this poor man! I think this is definite cause for worry here, of how much torment you can put him through. Blood, unconsciouness, guns firing. Shocking. I do have to say tohugh, as always, you write pain and character torment so well and so descriptively. Wonderfully descriptively! Loved the beginning and the sounds and sensations of the gun firing, 'This is not the sound of his death. Not the sound of the sonic bang as compressed air is ignited by sparking cordite, expanding explosively through a metal barrel and forcing a deadly cylinder of lead out towards him, a bullet with his name stamped deep inside it shooting through the air along its unstoppable path as fast as a thought, as fast as terror…' Really liked this told in the present tense too, and the style of narrative, which is sort of distant, but also immediate. As though he's sort of come out of his body at the hands of all this tortue going on. Loved all the darkness and the shadows and the unknown things swirling around. Well, I was expecting this to end differently, badly even, but I was happy to read hope and happiness, and rescue :D
Ammanalien chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
I loved this little story. The language really touched me although events and emotions were often very simply stated.

great job.. I'm reading the rest of your sga fics now.
SGA4077 chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Very good! The sense of sight is the most important sense (at least for human beings), so it is really interesting to read about someone not having this sense. Especially if it's a certain Canadian scientist...

McKay Whump at its best. Thanks for publishing!
msdarque chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Totally loved this one! :D Congrats!
Gypsy Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Very well done! Love the descriptions and the thought patterns! Poor Rodney, why do we love whumping him so? :P

Espically love the line ""Now it’s with desperation that he snatches for handfuls of the immaterial, pleading with them, begging them to take him with them.

But they never do.""

That about sums up the desolation right there. Very nice!

Cheers!

-GLB
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
This works very well. It is captivating.