Reviews for Like Gold in the Air of Summer
Smooth Raven chapter 9 . 7/14/2012
All right, so... review time. This story was very well written, as usual... I find it very easy to read stories when everything is pretty much grammatically correct and the sentences are well put together. The dialogue flowed easily, too, and that is tough to do.

Anyway, that's the technical stuff, and it was all great. As for the plot... I definitely didn't see a lot of it coming! Not that that is a bad thing, because I enjoy it when a story isn't predictable. You did a good job weaving in the Popuri/Jack storyline, and I can honestly say that I've never seen that particular characterization of Jack before. It was different, but I could definitely picture him that way quite clearly. So kudos.

As for the love triangle, I am confused as ever. I don't know who to root for; Kai is charming and seems to hold a lot of unresolved feelings for Claire (that she also feels, of course), leading to this tension between them that is sometimes subtle, but definitely there. And then the physical chemistry between Claire and Rick is great, and you had me going in the scene during the Fireworks Festival, but they seem to always have some argument that makes it more and more complicated. But I do feel like they care about each other a lot as well. So I feel unsure about who I want her to end up with, but I have the confidence that you are going to write it in such a way that I'll be happy with it in the end. Oh, but this Popuri wrench is also interesting. I didn't actually think Kai would ever feel anything for her, but perhaps he does... or else he is trying to make Claire jealous. Hmm, guess I'll have to wait and see.

Ok well again, great story, and I'll go onto reviewing the part that you have of the next one, now. :)
Fading Butterfly Wings chapter 9 . 9/6/2010
Unfortunately I finished this story a while ago so the details are a little fuzzy but I wanted to give it the final review it deserved. (:

I do remember that I loved it. (: I loved all the different plot twists and complications and of course the DRAMA. I love how you make the characters so real and relatable. I just love the whole plotline and how far Claire has come since the first story.

I'll be waiting for an email announcing the third installment! ;)

Butterfly
lovethemdonuts chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Omg i haven't visited this site for nearly a year! But I see you really made a sequel! YAY! I wouldn't remember if I didn't see our conversation in my inbox. LOL.

I feel like a loser, I'm reading everything just now. But OMG I just read the 1st chapter, and yep, I knew Jack was gonna be in here somewhere :D I'm excited to read the other chapters. This is gonna be good.
Ekoaleko chapter 9 . 5/27/2010
I can't believe I'm just now reading this. I fucking adore your style. It's so... unique, kind of contemporary, even. And, like, the narrator's voice is just as important as the protagonist's, so having a good writing style is a really good (ah, redundant, whatever) thing. It all just flows together like goddamn magnets.

I'm excited for the final installation. :) happy writing!
Kinnetik Ishisu chapter 9 . 5/4/2010
This fanfic is so complex in so many ways that I love it!

I don't feel Claire is the one for Rick, but I wouldn't want her with Kai for Popuri's sake. And poor Jack, he didn't deserve that!

I need the other part to find out what will finally happen. Thanks for sharing this with us
Lorelei547 chapter 9 . 5/3/2010
FINALLY! (:
This was so good so many things answered but so many questions still here. I think that Claire's Mom is onto something with Kai, but with him with Popuri I'm just not sure.
Poor Jack I feel so bad for him, and I'm not sure if I want to squeal at the Kai X Popuri relationship or groan. I'm always a fan of Popuri with Gray, but in this story I really feel for Jack. And I still wonder how Karen is going to tie in all this.
Just Claire's awkwardness and everything makes me really think Rick isn't best for her. Like Kai is the best choice, but I don't want to do that to Popuri! Ah so difficult I'm so glad there will be another sequel to answer all my questions.
RoseAngelx chapter 9 . 5/2/2010
NO! IT CAN'T BE OVER! IT HAS TO CONTINUE!
But you're making a sequel so that's okay then.
Well, obviously, you should have worked out from reading my first few sentences that I absolutely adore this story. And I love how well you write. You could seriously get a book published. ...I'm sounding like a broken record here; I swear I've told you this a million times...
Anyway, fantastic job and good luck with your writing!
Fading Butterfly Wings chapter 7 . 12/27/2009
Bah! Can't believe I haven't subscribed to this story!

Well-written as always, can't wait to find out all your little twists!

However...

IDK, maybe it's just me, but the whole "I'm not mad at you.. actually, I do love you!... Okay, let's have sex!" (or, at least, I'm pretty sure that's what you were leading to;) thing kinda bugged me... and the fact that Claire felt that she had to do it to prove her love. It did make Rick seem kinda like a.. player. I guess Rick's just embracing his inner...manliness O.O

As always, update son!:)

XxFadedButterflyWingsxX
Lorelei547 chapter 7 . 12/26/2009
Ah! After reading this I remembered why I subscribed! Actually oddly I think I'll have to resubscribe I didn't get an email telling me of this little chapter I found it actually kinda randomly. Hahaha, but I'm so glad for an update!

Okay now for my true, lets say 'review'. I really liked this chapter though I can't say there was a lot of development or anything. The length was good though, but if left me with lots of questions and almost a frustration.

I love the Karen x Rick tension, but with the way that chapter ended I almost feel like Rick's a sleazy player. Which I'm not sure is intended or not. It seems to be he likes both girls, but I honestly can't tell which is frustrating but captivating all the same because it makes be want an update badly. The respect you had be build up for Rick is diminishing oddly and the want for Kai is growing.

Kai. Hehe, well I've oddly counted him out in my mind for Claire. Somehow it's almost like she doesn't deserve him. I want him to end up with Popuri haha. And I'm not sure if this is because you've hinted to it or because she is my favorite bachelorette in the game. Haha. I love the idea that he could like her and be jealous of Jack but to stubborn to admit it. I hope there will be more of that in his character, he seems like a good friend to Claire but I'm not sure if there is ever going to be anything more..

I felt so bad for Popuri! You made it seem like Popuri and Jack were getting along so well and then you throw this at me! I really want to know what happened between those to, and Jack! What he said to Claire at the beach! My word you don't know how much I want to know she she 'did'. Or what he thinks she did or what in the world he meant. I take back what I said about character development though there wasn't anything there for Rick/Kai/Claire there was for Popuri and Jack and thats the side story that excites me the most right now.

Uhh crud really feel like I'm going circles in this review, haha. Sorry if I'm rambling at this point. Honestly I almost wish this sequel was written in Popuri's point of view or maybe Kai's something to break it up from Claire though thats rather impossible now at this point I almost feel like the more you write Claire in this she is as you said in I believe chapter six a kid that might not deserve either guy... Uhh yeah so right now I guess this is more of an opinion rather than a review I wan a Karen and Rick and Kai and Popuri. Oh cannon pairings, xD. Of coarse as always though I'm curious what you will do and will be awaiting the next chapter! I can't believe it's almost over. Umm yeah I think thats it. HAha. Alrighy then, I hope you'll get a lot of writing done and don't keep to waiting long because I'm extremely curious!

-Lorelei
silverpaint chapter 7 . 12/26/2009
Oh, whats gonna happen next? I wonder if Clairell tell Kai, and his reaction? And I have a feeling Ricks with Karen.
ChocoBerryxo chapter 6 . 10/28/2009
I wonder if Rick is hiding something from the talk of him and Karen.

well, he better tell Claire.

Update soon!
TweedleBugQueen chapter 6 . 10/25/2009
This was such a cliffie! Goodness you should hurry and finish soon! I hate Karen, I don't know why, but I always have. Goodness me. Lol. Anyways, finish this. That is an order missy. :]]
Rember chapter 6 . 10/20/2009
Wow, this is really good! I read Summer Skin too. I wonder if Rick is telling the truth...?
RoseAngelx chapter 6 . 10/18/2009
Yay! An update!

I love the way you write. It keeps me, and many if not all of your other readers hanging on to every word. I'm not a fan of RickxClaire - actually, I hate Rick, except in your story. I love how you've portrayed him and you've inspired me to try to write a RickxClaire with a nicer, more lovable Rick.

Great job, as usual, and update soon! (If you can)
Miss Mingxi chapter 6 . 10/18/2009
OMFG THEY'RE GONNA BE IN ANOTHER FIGHT they're gonna break up aren't they? XD haha and hi X3 we all missed yu :D

i KNEW lillia knew about them :D i was waiting fo ryu to reveal that xD

and popuri and jack... UGH i want jack as a bf x]]

can't wait for the next chap!

leep up the awesome owrk!