Reviews for Not Sad
afroz chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
You know, that's exactly what I always thought, Jim having a loving mother, because nothing on Earth would make a mother hate her son, for whatever reason. Really enjoyed this and Garden Variety! :)
babylove chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
awww. I like. I haven't read much with Winona in a good light so this was a bit different. It was amzing! Thanks
TaintedPerspective chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
This is lovely, Author! I absolutely love the way you write Winona. It becomes tiring to see her portrayed again and again as abusive/permanently absent from her son's life, and this is a much more real interpretation of her character. I feel that you really did her justice by showing her broken as well as her strong side. I officially have new headcanons!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Ironic, isn't it? Your story is opposite of your title. I can just see people look at Jim and see his dad, not him.
Ice Queen1 chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I realize you posted this awhile ago, but I'm only just now discovering it. This is the ONLY piece that has painted Winona in such a positive light, and it's bloody brilliant. I love this story. Obviously Kirk had to have someone raise him to be the man he is, and if it wasn't a stepfather then it had to be his mother. I really enjoyed this!
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
A great story. Very good.
Ava Monroe chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
This is an exceptional piece of fanfiction! I am so impressed by your attention to detail, the well conceived plot and the originality you displayed in choosing for focus on Winona instead of the already established and well known characters. Your characterisation of his is very sympathetic and very believable. I still think there's something to be said for the alternative versions of Winona, which permit a different psychology for Jim, but I loved her in this story. Wonderful story! I hope to read more of your work in the future. Thanks for a great read! :)
Krows Scared chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
That was a truly brilliant piece of writing *applauds*

chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
I liked it

It was long, but it was sweet!

Awesome job!
Shatterwing chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Oh my god... You made me CRY!

Now my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts.

Dear Lord that was Beautiful!

I don't even know what to say!

Thank you for writing, thank you for posting.
anonamous chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
loved it! :)
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Dear God... this is awesome. I, too, never got the sense that Kirk's mother was absent or that he had an abusive childhood - rather, I had the sense that he was just angry and bitter because of all his conditions. I'd have loved to see this scene in the movie - Winona Kirk was sorely underused. Essentially, she squeezed out the baby and that was it. But her single scene was some of the most emotional minutes of the whole film. This was a great filler into her psyche as well as Kirk's relationship with her. I especially liked how Kirk was not the focus of this piece but rather that SHE was. Also, excellent incorporation of all of Kirk's bruises from the end of the film - he healed a bit too quickly and cleanly. The exhaustion here was realistic and closer to what I thought would have been the reality. *adds to favorites!*
carte chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Wow! That was really good. I haven't read any other fics that provide as much insight into Winona's character as this yours does. I enjoyed her not being portrayed as seeing George's ghost in Jim. And even though a lot of the story was Winona's thoughts, I didn't get bored as I sometimes do when there isn't much conversation. It remained captivating throughout.
Vampireotaku chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
This was so heartbreakingly beautiful. I love how real you made Winona. She was a woman who lost the love of her life and gained a son all at the same time, and she had to learn to live and love and grow with that. She wasn't perfect but she loved her son and she tried to do the best she could with what she had; which is all any of us can do.
Dana Katherine chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Wow. This story gave me chills numerous times. Great job!