Reviews for A Stranger's Kindness
BlueWater5 chapter 9 . 11/10
Great story! Did you every write a sequel?
Oh my goodness! I loved it...! The lucius malfoy part upset me idky... But excellent writing! Well done you!
Baba-Ba chapter 1 . 3/7
Hi there!

I only just started reading, so I'm afraid I can't say much about your story yet. However I'd like to point out a small error: Jupitus is a name thats related to Jupiter which is a Roman God and not a Greek one. The Greek equivalent would be Zeus. While there are of course lots of parallels, the two religions and gods are also vastly differnt and shouldn't be mixed up ) I suppose somebody else told you already, therefore I'll stop nagging and go on reading ;)

Guest chapter 9 . 11/14/2014
Clover chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
I've found your story again, and I'm excited to read it once more! I can't remember all of the details, so I'll enjoy it all over again!
Smithback chapter 9 . 4/27/2014
I loved it
Person Of A Strange Origin chapter 9 . 6/30/2013
I love this! It is so unique and lovely that it's hard to put into other words how much I love this story!
Moonraven81 chapter 9 . 3/25/2013
that was a lovely story
enuuma chapter 9 . 3/6/2013
I liked the story. I like the idea of getting to know someone through the letters (or one-sided journal entries), the thought that someone out there is reading my words. I also think that this story has a nice combination of action and emotional development. As a reader I get to know Hermione along side Snape but I also get to see and understand his reactions and motivations through her eyes.
Another plus is that both are kept in character and still the relationship between them is plausible.

There is nothing really new in this fic (unless this is your first time reading this pairing) but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The author maganes to use the old gimmicks (example Hermione as Snape assistant; Snape being injured/found out/found by Hermione) in a way that fits them into the story and moves it forward. As I write this I can see and recongnise different clishes (if you want to call them that) but it wasn't something I dwelled on while reading. And they may be clishes but they work.

The best part of the ASK in the charactarisation, I think. I understand Hermione and Snape, I recognise them and am moved by them. I want to keep reading and to find out what will happen next and if Hermione will ever figure it out. How will they get together? Will they be able to overcome their insecurities and fears?
It helps that the story itself is well written and has an easy flow. A good read. It is also the right length. Not too short or too long. Everything I as a reader needed to know is in these nine chapters. The rest is up to my imagination. For instance, I prefer to think that they lived happily ever after.

(crossposten to my livejournal)
Luna de Papel chapter 9 . 2/20/2013
I loved Daddy Long-Legs back in the say, and I love your version as well. And that last letter in particular! 3
Buffalochip chapter 9 . 12/30/2012
This was AMAZING! You actually made it believable why Harry and Ron wouldn't be telling Hermione everything, and I wasn't upset that you didn't give us more information on the Arrow because of all the wonderful Hermione and Severus interaction instead. Loved it!
NoahIrene chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
You really need to do a sequel(:
I am a huge fan of this story, and your SS/HG writing(:
I've reread this piece multiple times.. It's very good..
ExAmoreDolorem chapter 9 . 9/5/2012
Aww! What a great story and a lovely ending!
Authyme chapter 9 . 7/25/2012
excellent - an absolute delight from star to finish
Melissa72 chapter 9 . 4/30/2012
Awwww...I liked that ending. Good fic! The best part?

There were a couple...

The birthday banner, gift and cake...and his thoughts of needing stealth, skill and black market goods were awesome.

Also liked the time at his castle. And of course the kiss:)

Thank you for sharing the gift God gave you:)