Reviews for Flowers and a Sleeping Beauty
WhatTheSerpentSaid chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
This is glorious.
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
Oh wow! You've done such a good job with this - it's got that same dreamlike quality to it that Carter's short stories do, and the embellishments work here because of that dreamlike quality, yet at the same time, you haven't lost sight of the original fairy tale, either, though I like the way the kiss is replaced with a red rose here, that was an interesting move, but one that works, since here of course, Sleeping Beauty is not asleep, but rather trapped in a world without colour, though I find it interesting that the gift doesn't also restore her voice, it's not a perfect ending either - was that Inkheart inspired, by any chance?

(And yes, I'm reading your older stuff because I never read the Immortals series, just Song of the Lioness and some of the Protector of the Small Quartet :) )
Mairi chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
This beautiful- very vivid, and even heartrending. I do wish that we were told more about the woman, though. I could never see her as clearly as I could see the garden.
Clar the Pirate chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
That was gorgeous. My only quibble is that a few times you qualify things, the one that stuck out for me was "Her world is *almost entirely* silent" - you do such a good job creating a perfect monochromatic world it seems a shame to muddy it with shades of almost.

But really, this story is so good. I feel weird saying thank you for writing it, but yeah, thank you.