Reviews for Slow Poison
bagelcat1 chapter 1 . 4/27
Wow - this made me cry. So good! I often felt like they played Mystery Spot for the humour, but thinking about what this would do to Sam and how painful each death would be for him really isn't funny. And regardless of how disbelieving Dean would be, he would know that Sam was hurting. The 6 months after Dean's last Wednesday are not hard to believe after everything Sam went through. Thanks for writing something so powerful.
newt-s3 chapter 1 . 3/8
Wow is all I have to say! An amazing angsty story with so much emotion, great job!
Sup chapter 1 . 1/1
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING... YOU ARE A GENIUS
alto345 chapter 1 . 9/26/2016
That was awesome... it really was amazing
Sedentary Wordsmith chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
Oh, wow. That teeny scene is so easily skipped over in the episode, or just quoted for laughs, but you make an excellent point. A food poisoning that could kill in less than one day would have to be completely horrible. They would both have to suffer through it for hours and unlike the other times, Dean would know well in advance that he was dying. I hadn't really considered it that way before. Thank you for the fresh perspective!
This was excellently written and you got both of their personalities spot on. I especially loved how Dean wouldn't consider ending it himself but he would let Sam kill him to end Sam's suffering. Very Dean-like.
Brilliant! Keep up the great work!

-Word
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 4/25/2016
This story just kicked me in the feels, gave me a swirly, then ate all my cookies. The plot and prose are brutal, but utterly fantastic. (Not that getting beat up would in any way be "fantastic." Le sigh, this analogy is wonky!)

It is like Dean to take on obscene levels of pain to somehow protect Sammy. And the concept of Sam never really sleeping or eating much during the Mystery Spot debacle is new to me, but I am now adding it to my head canon.

Thanks for such brilliant stories, K.
ApplePieThat'sFrickingWorthIt chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
Awww! Mystery Spot is one of my all time favorites! Even if it does mess with your head cause the first two deaths are heartbreaking...then you kinda can't help but find it hilarious. Such a good ep! I love this! Poor Sammy though! I wouldn't be surprised if he has a permanent fear of tuesdays tbh. But this was great you really shows how the whole ordeal would be messing with poor Sammy's head and i like that you gave a little more insight into some deaths we saw and some we didn't! (At least i think there were some we didn't...there were so many i may have forgotten some!) Anyway loved it! :)
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
Sam having Break down was just so... Ugh !

I want to cry and hug our beloved Moose ! D':

Must be so so so much painfulness for him...
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
I will NEVER look be able to look at that moment, "Does this taco taste funny to you?" and not bust out crying again.

Wonderful story, loads of laughter and tears ... managed to hang himself with sheets, eh? Very much a favorite.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
that was so saadddddddd... I FUCKING FOUND THIS IN THE COMEDY SECTION THO WTF WHYYYY
BUT ITS GENIUS AND AMAZINGLY WRITTEN
infiniteworld8 chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
This is awful and amazing...For Sam to experience this everyday...I understand now why he said he wouldn't save Dean if he died...at least I understand part of it...Beautiful and haunting.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
I just discovered this one over on spn_littlebro, and it was just what I was in the mood for. Those horrible Tuesdays, and you came up with one more horrible than most... really grim. I hadn't thought of all those issues: the possibility of Sam offing himself, offing Dean, using weaponry or morphine to end it... The episode managed to be funny, but you show just how dark the entire concept really was.

I especially loved this description: "He shook Sam lightly, like a bitch its pup..." It's got that wonderful (and very true-to-the-story) flavor of parental affection from Dean towards Sam.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Trust you to be able to turn a five second moment that had me laughing in show into a story that had my eyes beginning to water because can you just imagine how painful that would be? The only thing worse than Sam going through that many Dean-deaths is his suffering through it while the pain and despair and helplessness actually had a chance to sink in? Brilliant piece of work here.
stripeypirate chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Me: Aw haha a little story about those darn fish tacos. That's cute, I don't think I've seen that before and I'm in the mood for some sick Dean! This should be fun!

Why must you hurt me in this way? ;-;
It was awesome.
Jenny chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
okay the bit which got me about this which no one else seems to have picked up on (which probably makes me delusional!) was that conversation about Dean ending it himself before the food poisoning - and then the next day, after all that beautifully written pain, Sam goes to sleep after telling Dean and then Dean's dead. I don't know, maybe you never intended for that to be implied, but i definitely got the idea that Dean ended it himself soon after Sam fell asleep.

horrifically wonderful!