Reviews for The Lights of Home
Abby09 chapter 7 . 2/16/2014
You seem like a really good person, and that story is sad, but so, so beautiful. So thank you.
Beckysuejfronti chapter 3 . 2/16/2013
I've worked at that Ft Wayne campus north of Coliseum Blvd for 12 years and have lived in and around Ft Wayne for 30 years. It's great to read stories about the town I live in. I've been enjoying your stories for the last couple of days.
Becky
Anise Nadiah chapter 7 . 10/24/2012
How you portray the time the had in woodlands is truly amazing and wonderful an to know that such place exist is even more amazing. That candy, meadows and the playgrounds under shady trees, it's all seems so wonderful, kinda reminds me of my own childhood though mine is mild compared to you because my family kinda lives in the city all throughout my life. I'm sorry for what happen to you. no one should ever goes anything like that. BTW, your fic is truly epic. I love all the angst and your john especially, how he help dean gone trough all that. And i also like how sam help dean to deal with all that and not to mention cas.

This is truly the fic that captures my heart :')
ariex04 chapter 6 . 10/17/2010
This story is wonderful. I like Dean's struggle to deal with his past. Nice job with this!
Samantha V chapter 7 . 9/22/2010
Great story! Don't know what to say - made me cry...
fojee chapter 7 . 1/4/2010
Brilliantly structured and so very vivid. I like that you've taken parts of your life-even the not-so-good parts-and turned them into such an excellent story. And it has a great sense of place, which makes sense that you grew up there.

It wasn't easy to read, and wasn't as fun as your jack and dean stories, which are my personal favorite, but so far from what I've read, I think this is the best you've written. And while it is heartbreaking to think of this as dean's backstory, I like the idea that sam got his concept of normal from living in this one place.

I hope there will be more, if not of this universe, then your other stories. I've been reading Supernatural fics like crazy; I didn't realize how many good fics there are.

Your fan,

Fojee
sg2009 chapter 6 . 10/28/2009
This was a good story. I like the way you dealt with the difficult issues. I especially thought the image of Dean crying by himself and John not knowing what to do was powerful. It kinda showed how hard it was for them both. (Although I really wanted Dean to get a hug. He doesn't get nearly enough on the show!) Nice job!
enviousxbeauty chapter 6 . 9/9/2009
I've had this sitting in my favorites for a while so that I could finish reading it, and I have to say you did a great job. Very insightful!
greendaypumpkin chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
I found this a very effective story, and I appreciate you writing it, your words have a sort of healing quality to them, the line "any is severly" stuck with me especially. I thought John's reaction was handled very well, as was Dean, wanting to curl up in bed with his family and be looked after.
PADavis chapter 6 . 7/22/2009
This was phenomenal, simply drop dead phenomenal. The way you built up the plot in layers, in hints and peeks, then allowing a full fledged blow - masterfully done. The pacing was so gentle and beguiling, hiding and revealing the story arc - I'm so impressed.

This reminded me in all the best ways of one of my favorite books - A Boy's Life by Robert McCammon. I tried and failed to read his other novels, all horror, and they fell flat for me. That book though with boys and a hazy line drawn between reality and imagination haunts me to this day. And this brought it back, the simplicity of what the boys did and wanted, riding the back and being a superhero...

Love that final didn't Dad go on a hunt that weeked... Flails!

You handled a horrible subject compellingly, with empathy, tact, and poignancy. Congratulations! I did check out the artwork and picspam over on LJ as well.

Hope very very (very very) much to see an update on one of your open fics soon.

Phoebe
achillies-eel chapter 7 . 7/6/2009
I read this through just before bed... and there are no words. 'Nough said. :)

Love this as much (even more than) your other fiction!
the music lady chapter 7 . 7/6/2009
I love you so much!

...and not the creepy internet stalker love, but the AWw reactionary love.

Fabulous story. Some serious awesomeness going on with characterization of all the boys, which I've come to realize is just general awesomeness on your part. I especially like the way each of the characters is both believable and empathizable(totally just made that word up). Any h/c story where the author knows the subject adds a real punch to the plot, and this is no exception. It doesn't feel like arbitrary pain inflicted on a character, it feels like the tragic event it was. You are incredibly brave for throwing this out there, and incredibly fantastic at the description, setup, and interactions throughout the whole thing.

Personal favorite bit: dinner dinner dinner dinner BATMAN!

anyone who can type out a theme song joke and get it stuck in my head deserves to get paid for writing. That'd kind of negate the purpose of the whole disclaimer thing, though, so what can ya do?
K Hanna Korossy chapter 7 . 7/5/2009
I'm not especially a fan of either kidfics or abuse fics, but I appreciate you enough to give it a chance and I found it touching. I think Sam was a little more S2/3 Sam than the one we've seen last year, but this is exactly how I'd hope he'd act if he learned something about this from Dean. And I hadn't thought of it before, but I could see Dean succumbing to something like this in mistaken interpretation of his dad's orders. It's tragic and painful but realistic. And a great analogy to the different kind of vulnerable humanity that Sam seemed to discover in Dean this last season.

I loved the idea of John teaching Dean how to fix a tire, such a dad thing; of Dean meeting people where they were and coming alongside, which is so apt; that the guys as kids were totally unknowing of housekeeping; The Summer of Hugging Dean and Dean's reaction to Sammy joining in; Sam's nostalgia for Laffy Taffy, Dean startled by his love of lasagna and his heartfelt, "I'll be good"; Castiel helping Sam remember (inspired!); and "we've got the Apocalypse and stuff."

But I'm pretty sure Bloody Mary was in Toledo. :
remerkaba chapter 6 . 7/5/2009
Really emotional, powerful story. I really enjoyed it!
Linnie McCary chapter 6 . 7/4/2009
Your writing is so rich, so three-sixty-it continues to amaze me. I loved the structure of this story, too, and was really pleased to see it end in the past. Then!Sam and Now!Sam were both pitch-perfect, as was Woodlan. (Oh my gosh, Bottle Caps!)

Every piece of the story is beautifully handled, but things I particularly enjoyed were the checkers game, "the feeling of old patience" *shivers*, Annasun/Casmoon, "angel-fresh" memories...oh, there are too many things to remember them all. The whole thing was exquisite.

I do not have your triggers, but I feel deeply for anyone who does. Parts of this fic were extremely difficult to read. I applaud you for writing it and for posting it. I'm glad Dean seems to have worked through things by the end, for the most part, and hope that's your case, too.

Happy Fourth.