Reviews for Masters of Death
AvidReader chapter 1 . 7/18
This is cute and Harry certainly makes a much more credible characterization than the idiot Billy. I only have two concerns; why is this story not listed in the site's crossover section and why not call it "The Grim Adventures of Harry and Mandy go to Hogwarts?" Seriously missed an opportunity to twist that knife. ;-)

Okay, I never followed the cartoon, but Googled "Grim Mandy" then watched the first episode from YouTube a few minutes ago after reading this sendup. (I was disappointed at noting your origin story not complete, so skipped it in favor of the original. Sadly, the first episode was plenty and I couldn't make myself watch any more.) :-(
GMWW chapter 1 . 5/3
are you still active? if you are PLEASE continue this!
Oh god the imagery seriously!?
vmage2 chapter 1 . 4/20
This is a great story and absolutely needs to be continued.
great chapter and nice death is after those that are enemies of harry and Amanda
Yoko-Kiryuu Bikutoria Kurama chapter 1 . 2/4
I really enjoyed this but am worried about how much I enjoyed the black/dark humour in it
annasfanfic chapter 1 . 7/14/2016
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 5/10/2016
This is such a different take on the use of death as a weapon. I really liked how bold you were with killing Draco early rather than just kneeing him for ongoing conflict. It matches your character's personalities much more to not go easy on anyone. Love this!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/16/2016
I fricken love it
Guest chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
Technically it still exists, since the malfoys were a pureblood line thus they must have other relatives in Britain

So Nott is female in this?

Death can actually talk? You said the smoke whispered.

I really hope this is continued!
Sufferingzombie chapter 1 . 2/13/2016
This is a wonderful story! I appreciate the 'Final Destination' air of Draco's death, as well as the poignant feelings of Malloy Senior, though he is an evil bastard, every villain has something in them that is admirable. I wonder how they will treat Sirius and Remus and what's more I would like to see how they react to the ministry as a whole.
As to the bones of the story, I appreciate that it is both grammatically correct and easy to read, as well as entertaining. Thank you for all the effort you have put into your story!
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
is it sad that i find the fact that kids so young are in a relationship more disturbing then the brutal murders?
gr8rockstarrox chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
Firstly, can I just say this? Wow. That was magnificent. I love leaving long reviews, so I hope you like reading long reviews as well. (In other words, there's not much choice you have... A Hobson's choice, if you will.)

There are so many things I'd love to cover, and I have no idea where to start. So let's start with your OC. I usually enter fics featuring an OC very warily, as OCs turn our to be, well, Mary Sues, most of the time. Having said that, Amanda Maxwell is pretty chill, and I like what you've done with her. (Translation: I like her, unlike the other Suish OCs available on FFN.)

I love the theme/main idea that your story is centred on. Death is such a fascinating topic, no? I've always been morbidly curious by it. Most human beings are, as far as I know. They just don't admit it openly. To paraphrase a Tool song, we all secretly derive some sort of vicarious pleasure from watching events unfurl, as long as we're not the ones affected. And that is probably why I found myself drawn into your story.

(On a side note, my dad was asking about the Final Destination set of movies earlier today. I just find it coincidental that you mentioned it in your AN. That's all. It's of no real consequence to the issue.)

Lastly, for a 15k fic, your grammar was impeccable. Do you know how hard it is to come across a good fic in this pit of voles which has proper grammar? A well thought our fic with great grammar and cohesion? I feel like I've hit the jackpot. I spotted only one error. But honestly, that one error just adds a sense of imperct perfection to your story.

That's about it. My review doesn't seem that long (at least to me) in retrospect, but that's up to you to decide. I loved this fic, and would love to see a sequel. Or if not a sequel, a connected one-shot. But some things are perfect when singular, you know? So if you're against writing a follow up, I'd understand.

Brilliant piece of work. I look forward to reading a lot more of your stories. Good luck.
BLADE OF ILLUSIONS chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
I must admit you are one of the must original autors I have ever inconter.
tis and "we are nothing" have an intersting perspective to see; and i must say that I enjoy them immensely.
keep your up work
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
Ha. If they're only supposed to be killing the really annoying ones they get annoyed very easily and give no room or chances for third or even second offences. Hell Lucius Malfoy didn't even do or say anything to them and he's now dead. I wonder why? And their very mature and intelligent right? So why would they so quickly start killing off people soon after they meet them and when it's known that they had just met them before the death? Even if no proof can be brought up people can and would still suspect them. As it stands this was a nice read and I wish that more people had done a crossover of these two series. Question, how and when did they meet death and befriend it? Why does it do as they say with enthusiasm? What happened to Billy or was there never one? What happened to the Dursleys? And when did Mandy show up in Harry's life?