Reviews for Never Again
Venus914 chapter 3 . 2/25
I would just like to add that...there should be boundaries we shouldnt cross. Stepping on someones toes is fine, beating the crap out of you is non negotiable. And there's no such thing as a one off. He would do it again and again. I dont get why people excuse this kind of behavior. Why are we looking at the intent instead of the damage?
Venus914 chapter 3 . 2/25
how can you even think there's a happy ending to this? Abuse is an abuse and there should be no forgiveness. I dont know how you think its okay. And i know you think its okay because you gave him a chance in your story to make it right. The thing is, i was very spoiled by my parents. Even now, when i have problems, my parents shield me from whatever repercussion and solve it for me. My mindset has always been, "im very important." I dont have a problem with self worth. So you can just imagine how disgusting it is for me. I know life isnt always fair. But in my life, i always make people pay for hurting me. Jim getting hurt isnt shocking. Jim forgiving Bones is. He should gave been taken to court, with his license revoked. This is upsetting to me. If someone stepped on my foot accidentally, you can be sure that i stepped on them "accidentally" too. Forgiveness does not exist in my vocabulary.
tanseynz chapter 2 . 9/5/2016
Really clever piece of writing. It's evident you understand the difference in reactions between someone often abused and a one-off, and shows why Kirk initially appeared to brush off Bones's assault on him, but internalising it instead. Subsequently showing how he then began to draw back from any touches Bones made let the readers see that it had a massive ongoing effect, no matter whether Bones recalled it or not.
The reality that Bones was going to have to change his behaviours, but even then no guarantees either he or Kirk would ever completely recover gave a satisfying conclusion.
reader1writer1 chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
If nothing else, Bones is thorough in everything he does.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
You wrote an extremely good fic here. It was so emotionally damaging! And although I love Bones and Kirk together I can't believe they stayed together, not after that. I was kindda hoping jim would just leave Bones after what he did... Of course I'm so happy that they are gonna work things out and still love each other... You see you made all of this mixed feelings come out of your writing (you are good!) but I have like zero sympathy for bones and to jim living in constant fear... heart breaking!
anon chapter 3 . 6/24/2013
Loved it. The new movie made me go fic even though I never liked the original series though I did like Next Gen. Started off all into the Khan/Kirk got a bit of het with Spock/Uhura then realized nah it was all about Kirk/McCoy. Of course that may have had something to do with me connecting the dots to the hotty Keith Urban actually is. I always picture him with his regular longer hair in every story now. So it's like a whammy of double super hotness. :)
sami1010220 chapter 3 . 5/29/2013
cute fic!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
What an interesting opening chapter. I thought you excelled at writing a very graphic, descritive violent scene. You did it so well, in fact, that it caused some measure of dissatisfaction with the immediant aftermath scene. You made it sounds as though McCoy seriously injured Jim and if that is so, he would not have been sitting at the table eating, much less smiling at Bones, even if he did think he "deserved" it.
Susangel chapter 3 . 2/20/2010
OMG!I loved it!It was really unlike anything I've ever read!

At first I hesitated a little if I should read it or not,but I'm glad I did as it is one of the best I've read!

Would you consider doing a sequel?Maybe having Bones actually losing it and hiting Jim and seeing how it afects them and the crew!If you do go foward with it,let me know because I would definetly love to read it!
Tine chapter 3 . 9/19/2009
What an excellent story! I have a great deal of experience with alcohol abuse in my immediate family, and it was wonderful to read something so realistic and genuine. Thank you for writing this!
Marci018 chapter 3 . 8/12/2009
Oh wow. That was amazing! I loved the way they were able to still make their relationship work.

I loved this!
Trekky18 chapter 2 . 7/17/2009
GAH! Forgot to add the story to my favorites...and the stupid site wouldn't let me do it without reviewing again. So...I'll say again that the story was AMAZING! It's nice to see some angsty stuff that actually feels realistic
Trekky18 chapter 3 . 7/17/2009
AW! I'm glad everything turned out alright. Great story by the way. You had me hooked from Chapter One.
innocentmostofthetime chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
AW, they are working through their problems :) I'm glad!

I wonder whats going to happen in the next chapter. Keep up the good work :)
innocentmostofthetime chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Holy cow, Bones beat the crap out of Jim! I can't believe that he would do that. Though I suppose when someone if hurt and is really drunk, then they might do something like that.

Can't believe that Jim forgave Bones. I'm kinda glad he did because people makes mistakes...even when they are really big ones.