Reviews for And The Whole World Tilted
FlightFeathers chapter 1 . 1/3
This was really, really good. You accurately told how a little child describes things that they can't put a name to - for example, Spencer's throwing of hat in the air, his friend whose name was like a sock, and the big men with shiny badges. Her innocent thoughts were almost heart-breaking. She thought her mother was asleep, and wouldn't open the door because she would scold her. She was scared, that poor child.

The thing I found to be the best was the symbolism you used in the end: she slipped as she looked at the beautiful, deceitful sky, and her world tilted, but Spencer caught her, righting everything once again, and making her forget the sky; obviously, the sky was her mother (or so I think), with all the beauty a child sees in their mother, and she made her fall, but she didn't hit the ground because Spencer caught her, and she eventually forgot about her mother. (I don't know if that was what you meant when you wrote about her forgetting of the sky, but that's what I took from it.)

But she couldn't help thinking about her, because you can't ignore the sky, can you? She wanted to feel that she was looking at her, somewhere hidden; "but that's just a fantasy". How can a person admit that their mother didn't love them enough like mothers do; Carly tried to comfort herself ("she's gotten good at that since her Daddy left to go to be on boats all the time and Spencer threw his hat in the air at school and moved to a brand new apartment") by telling herself that her mother left her the day - "the day he brought so much food that she wouldn't have to leave the house so she can Grocery shop with Carly in tow" - when Spencer would always come meet them, so she at least cared for her. That was what I thought of as I read this. (I made many references to many lines in this fic as I shared my thoughts because I couldn't help it!)

I enjoyed reading this, though it is really hard for me to believe that a mother can run away and leave her six years, five months, and eleven days old child like that.
DoubblySquared chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
This is so good. I wish it was a multi chapter story though. :)
Technicality chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
I tip my hat to you, sir*.

Regards,

The Technicality
*Sir being a sign of respect, regardless of your actual gender.
The Volcanologist chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Right. I want Spencer as my big brother. Now.

I wish for Spencer for Christmas please XD
Twisted Identity chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I don't know if you still read reviews for this but I just wanted to say that this story was amazing. You captured Carly's perspective as a six-year old extremely well . I could feel all the emotions she felt with her. I really enjoyed reading this!
unusedaccount1177 chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
This is by far the best ICarly story I've ever read. I adored how you easily got us into Carly's mind frame. You did a wonderful job writing her as a child, too. The story flowed perfectly and was flawless. I adored Spencer in this, too. Thank you for the wonderful read. Keep writing.
Adessa101 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
OMG! I know this was witten a long time agoo, but I think the Carly and Spencer moments are soo sweet! XD
somniloque chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
This was something I was looking since I started watching iCarly (that is, about a month ago, not long, I know). I was looking for something serious with relationship Spencer&Carly, not only something funny all the time. This story is beautiful, bitter-sweet, and also satisfied my needs. It's one of the first fanfiction I've read about iCarly and I'm happy I could start with THIS fanfiction. Really good job!

xoxo
endorphins
Hi14 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
ahhhhhhhhhhhh thats cute poor Carly though
Specificitydarling chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This is utterly gorgeous! So wonderfully written! Sometimes it's hard to remember that behind all the jokes Spencer is this amazing big brother who looks after his sister all by himself and that's so beautiful. Amazing job!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
I really feel that this is completely underrated. You deserve so many reviews for this. I've read this somehwere else before, but yeah. This was really beautifully written. The elationship between Spencer and Carls, it was so realistic and just, even though her mother leaves, all bittersweet :)
MalikaiDragonSlayer chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
This is sad and beautiful.
sfbxfcb chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Wonderful!
Masquerading with Shadows chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
How have I not reviewed this amazing story before? I must say, I really, really love this take on Carly's mum, and it just seems so perfect. I loved the descriptions of her, even though they were short, because I think that they managed to capture the character really well. Six year old Carly is adorable, and her relationship with Spencer is just spot on.

Also, your writing is poignant, and I particularly liked the transition between young Carly and the older Carly. Plus, when Carly was thinking about her mother watching iCarly was heart-breaking, and incredibly powerful. Well done, this is fantastic, and I really loved it.
Sandalaris chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Wow, this was just... wow. You gave a whole new depth to their relationship I'd never thought about. I'd always assumed their mom had died and their dad, in his grief, had asked to be put on the ship and never came back, but this, this really shows the bond they have and why. :)