Reviews for I'm Sorry Doofus
I loved it-perfect-darce
Grey Fool chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Great Story
Betherzz chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
its a good story :) i absolutly hate your ending, and i dont see either of them walking away from a conversation that takes a turn like this one did... its your story you prefer the angsty crap rather than the happily ever after... some of us lost our happily ever after to their job... just remember time does run out, tomorrow might not come and later is sometimes way to late and then all you have left are regrets of things that were left unsaid and undone, and you live with that for the rest of your life... these 2 still have later, tomorrow and time, they shouldnt let that slip right through their fingers, not with the jobs they have... again its your story and you prefer the angst rather than the romance aspect of the 2 of them. thanks for the great read
Violet chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I agree, I don't think Mary is there yet. But I do like how they comfort each other...it is a very stressful job.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Great WHN for the episode...I love that you explored Marshall's reaction more deeply than the show did. And that was a terrific ending...great symbolism!
QueenOfHyperbole chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
This was just fantastic. She needed to have him yell at her for that stunt because, while I think that she is completely aware of how much she needs him, I doubt she has a clue about how much he needs her.

Plus, telling her he loves her with zero expectations is such a Marshall thing to do. This is the way I have always pictured him telling her, and of course she wouldn't be at all prepared to return the sentiment right away.

Very nicely done.
jaws chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
interesting ending to this episode. keep up the good work!
Grammar Maven chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Hey, you're selling yourself way too short with this story. I, too, thought the ending of Duplicate Bridge was lacking and needed something. I thought about doing a DB piece where they ended up in a motel on the way back home, but I didn't because I didn't see anywhere to take it other than Smutsville. But you? You took it in a noble and honorable place.

Very, very good work. So less apologizing and more writing! :)
kathiann chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Ok, so I know this is an old one, but I just got into IPS, so I'm going back and reading all the older fics. Anyway, I actually liked this ending. It seemed more realistic than if they had, oh I don't know, kissed and made up. I like it better this way. Anyway, great fic.
sfchemist chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
This was a really nice story. Well written, in character and original.

I agree that Mary isn't ready for anything to happen between them yet, so your ending was perfect in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.
poodlehair92 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
I really liked this. It seemed very realistic and in-character. Great Job : D
thisentireaccountembarrassesme chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Wha... But- You can't... You... I... You can't just leave it like that!

This is an awesome story! And you MUST write another chapter!
wisher93 chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
This is a really good story. I think you should think about continuing this story. I like th way it ended, but i think you could keep going. Maybe you could start again with them wakng up in the morning and Mary thinking Marshall said I love you in a dream and not in real life. She could say something like I had a crazy dream, but maybe she could realize she might have deeper feelings for Marshall than she thought she did. It's just an idea. Let me know what you decide. And if you would like help with more ideas, I could try to help! Thanks for the story

Morgan:)
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I really liked this story and it seems highly in character.

I just want to hug Marshall.

The open door was a great metaphor.
staceydc328 chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I do like your ending. Because it is very seldom that when confronted with someone's feelings that you know immediately how you feel about that person. Anything she said then would be said in the heat of the moment. Where Marshall has had the time to consider his feelings. And I absolutely love the open door at the end. It is so symbolic like you pointed out.

Stacey