Reviews for And truth be told I miss you
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 1/19
In this, readers can feel McGonagall's pain in each wince. They can feel her mourning the happier times, wishing for her old friendships. They can see her looking back fondly, despite what colored the past. They can feel her longing and her wistfulness.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Yes, I can see her being so angry with him. What a pity she took it out on his House when she threw the Slytherins out of the castle.

But then, I doubt she has ever really considered any Slytherins as children (or perhaps she might not have allowed her beloved Marauders to turn one into a chew toy).

No doubt her anger is in proportion to what she thought was friendship earlier on.

But doesn't she know that Albus loved, and counted on, the blind adoration of his creatures-including her?
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
A wonderful short, encapsulating how I suspected their friendship was until Snape's perceived 'betrayal'. Her sad memories have such a ring of truth - that a betrayal can be as grieving as a death itself. Really enjoyed it. Thank you.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Oh Minerva... It's times like these when I wish Severus had lived, so he could at least have the chance to explain himself (would he? I don't know) and for Minerva to reconcile with him.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Wonderful, I love the friendship between McGonagall and Snape. It is so obvious in cannon. A new favourite for me.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I really liked that. Moving and very Canon. I think the thing that pained me most in DH was Minerva's hatred for Snape, as I saw her as one of his rare friends.

I like "the look of blissful happiness that made men resemble sheep" - suits my cynicism.

Molly was absolutely horrible, how can she talk like that to someone who was probably her teacher and Head of house? - But very IC, unfortunately. Ugh.

(I am not sure what you mean with the 'wine pile', I suppose it's a play on words. Forgive my thickness.)
misundersnape chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
This was simple, yet oddly satisfying. Yes, even after what 'he' did one could still lament the past relationship. It served it's purpose, after all. And how sad that had Severus been able, that is, in a position to do so, his and Minerva's comradeship could have continued and maybe even developed into a closer, real friendship. And how I wish that had been the case for 'him' too... if anyone needed a friend, 'he' did!
Good job!
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Bittersweet, and well-written. I really like it.
lullabymoon chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
This is a gorgeous, heartbreaking piece. Your Minerva here is just spectacular.
Ysilme chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Lovely and bittersweet all in one... a wonderfull little story!
Chemistress chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Absolutely wonderful! The only problem I have now is to decide if I put it into my "Missing scenes"-C2 or the "Minerva" one *LOL*. The short "epilog" had me hold my breath!
waterside chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Very good story. It is bittersweet, because considering Snape's terrible ordeal and loneliness in the DH year, it is comforting to think that he - the "real Snape" :-) - is at least missed by someone; but, of course, it is very sad at the same time. I like the mixture of the tragic and the humorous in your story, the description of McGonagall's ambivalent feelings (it seems she still loves Snape or at least his memory, however bitter she feels about him), and the ending is perfect. If only she knew how Snape could really be feeling...
tigertales chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Well done m'dear. There was a content satisfaction in that bit regarding Poppy. So McG... I enjoy the maturity and sophistication in your work and would love to see another story written in this AU. Hint hint. ;D
a testament to improvement chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
I liked this story... It was nicely written, with the wincing put in randomly to give us hints of Snape and McGonagall's past friendship. And now, I have Gives You Hell stuck in my head. :D