Reviews for In the End
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
wow. that's cool stuff. the hobbits-merry/pippin-that almost made me cry. and i like what frodo said about him, how boromir did so much...

wow. keep writing!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Fantastic! I am glad someone else saw those two hobbits as wasting Boromir's sacrifice! Wonderful way of looking at it.
Raistlin Majere Archmagus chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
I like your style of writing. Strangely enough, I liked your depiction of Legolas as well. But if you recall the nature of Elves, they do not understand death very well, seeing that it is very rare for an elf to die. Therefore Legolas would no doubt have been slightly confused or bewildered at Boromir's death. Sure, he was no friend to our elf prince, but he was a comrade-in-arms.
wellduh chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Boromir... I like him even more now. Poor Boromir.

I really liked all of the characterisations. ALL. You got how Strider is always bound to duty, what he has to do. I loved the Prince of Mirkwood thing... Merry's was very touching in a hobbit-y way. Frodo's hatred, his regret, all amazingly believable. You are great.
Playing Passerine chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
interesting. i think i like frodo's the best. sounded the deepest, most original. the parallelism with the simple 'he's dead now' was a nice touch to tie them all together.
She Burns chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
Hmm. Ok. Besides from the fact that i fell asleep half way through it, your fic was pretty good. Well written i must admit. But i think you should pay attention to the characters attitudes a little more before writing something like this. I think it was just a little funny that you managed to show your dis-like of Legolas through your writing. I doubt severely he would feel such a way as you have described, let alone big-note himself and basically call himself better than the rest of the fellowship. If he did not agree that a dwarf, men, hobbits and and elf would be a succesful fellowship, then why did he honour his skill? The ring bearer no doubt, but i still think it is a little off putting. He does grieve for boromir. Anyway, i've got things to do. Cheerio
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 11/28/2002
"It's so easy to be a hero when you have no choice." Frodo's reaction is my favorite, followed closely by Merry's and Aragorn's (in a tie). Legolas...I'm insanely partial to him, and this fic presents a different Legolas than the one I've created in my head. I had conveniently forgotten the aloofness, the sort of cold...okay, it's snobbery...that elves tend to feel for men. If this is movie-canon (I say that from judging by the three arrows), then I think he might perhaps have felt a little bad about telling Boromir off at the Council of Elrond. Yes, everything he said there was true, but then to add "and heir to the throne of Gondor" to it? That was just rubbing it in. So I have mixed feelings about the Legolas one, but all in all this really is a great fic, like all your others: you are a truly talented writer.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2002
Erm...Good fic, well written... but Legolas would care about Boromir's death. He would not value himself over the Fellowship. He is not so stuck on himself that he wouldn't care.
Aldawen the Odd chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
Aerlinnel chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
Rather OOC in some aspects - I don't see Aragorn as calling the Company "the whole unfortunate lot of them", or Legolas being quite so stuck on himself. But other than that, it is nicely done. I especially like Frodo's characterisation of him.
shinelrond chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
*sniffles* that was a sad but well put look at the feelings of the fellowship when Boromir died. I liked...
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
Wow... I'd have to say the Merry one was the most effective. Just the phrases, "Just because they were alive" and "There wasn't the weight of the world out there, there was friendship, just friendship he had to hold up . . ."

*Sniffle* Aaw poor Boromir. No one likes him. Well, I do, but I'm odd. But dontcha think it's convenient? I mean "Oh, let's all hate the DEAD guy!" Oy. Ahem, sorry. Anyway, very good ficcy.
Lady M chapter 1 . 2/20/2002
I do believe this is the best LotR fic I've read on this site! You have a skill for writing and you seem to have a firm, mature grasp of the characters. This was very moving.
wildcardgal chapter 1 . 1/3/2002
I'm sniffling as I read the end of this. What depth of understanding you have shown in these character's thoughts.
Ereshkigal chapter 1 . 12/30/2001
Muh gods, that was good. *sniffles* I loved the way you separated it into different characters' emotions. I think Boromir was very human. :)