Reviews for A Drink for Shane
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
If you hadn't said at the end that you wrote this before the finale, I never would have guessed - good call!

As Shane, in all his nasty, cowardly, cynical, manipulative, vulnerable, speaks-his-mind-no-matter-what, three dimensional glory is my favourite character, I loved this. I felt like you got him just right. And I really felt for Jimmy in his survivor's guilt.
aliceisntinwonderland chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
aww I like this story ! :)
seghen chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Wow, you totally called the innocence and I didn't even realize that this was written before the finale until you mentioned it. Perfect ;-)
Streetwise chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
You write the most wonderful HI fics. Thank you for that. :) Your characterization is perfect. I've never seen you glorify or vilify a character. Shane is a jerk, but you show us his caring toward Jimmy. Jimmy is sweet, apologetic, and (as you showed us in Puppy Dog Awful) sometimes angry and vengeful. Danny is insightful, Sully has wonderful instincts and is a great friend. These stories you wrote are the inspiration for the HI fics I'm writing at the moment. Your stories are wonderful. Thanks again.
Liley4evr chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
aww. that was really sweet. i got all teary eyed just thinking about how hard that would be for JImmy. Shane is my favorite character and I cried when he died. Great Story! It's really good! :D

Love,

Sammy
breverson chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
emotional and sweet story. Jimmy cared for Shane as a brother, as Shane did Jimmy, despite of their differences. I love the love that Jimmy and Abby have for each other. Abby and Jimmy belong together. I agree with you.
AvatarofHorror chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This was so good. I'm not a fan of Jimmy but this sotry made me like him. I sure hope this is canon because this is a good ending. You did well with all of the characters.

Leaving-My-Mark chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I really, really liked this.

Shane, Abby, Jimmy, and Nikki were perfectly in character, in my opinion.

Shane definitely would tease Jimmy a bit, and he certainly wouldn't be shy when it came to talking about his death, nor would he feel sorry for it and wish someone else, especially Jimmy, to feel sorry about it, either.

I liked how Jimmy seemed to be having an actual conversation with Shane, as well as Nikki.

The description and dialogue really made the scene play out in my head as I read it, and the ending was nice.

Even though the blame is weighing heavily on Jimmy at the moment, I just don't think it's him. I think it's someone else. We'll see on Saturday whether he's innocent or not, though.

I really didn't like Shane, and I was actually hoping he would die, but when he actually did die, I felt sorry for him. He actually died heroically, and he was doing something good, something that really redeemed his attitude towards Abby when he thought she was to blame for the murders starting up again and his hate towards JD.

This definitely shows Shane in a kinder, but still in-character light.

Very nice job, I thought this was excellent!

Leaving-My-Mark
Edie Blazer chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This is such an awesome story. I can feel Jimmy's emotions well through the descriptions. Great job.
Jaiaelle chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I hope that this will be able to fit into canon too. Mostly because it's so beautiful, I almost started to cry. A drink for Shane... He sure does deserve not one, but many.
NorthernLights25 chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I liked it
Kathryn0505 chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Fantastic! They seemed totally in-character, and I love Jimmy/Abby, so it was good to me! ]
klutzysunshine chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Great fic. Poor Jimmy. I think he's innocent, so yay for that in this fic. I loved this so much.