Reviews for The Child of the Marshalsea
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 15 . 10/24/2014
love it
KaeKaeD chapter 15 . 11/6/2011
Excellent story. I've read some Dickens, but obviously not enough, so I am going to start with Little Dorrit.
Jillian A.K chapter 15 . 6/10/2011
I can't believe I never reviewed this. I have gone back and read it several times. The overarcing feeling I walk away with from this is - happinness. Jarod's joy in discovering Dickens stays with me and keeps drawing me back. I'll have to add reading Little Dorrit to my bucket list. (I'm in the middle of three other books at present, or I'd buy it now). But anyway, while this story is a little clunky in the first chapter while Amy talks about her dad (it sounds to me like she's quoting lines instead of holding a conversation) it takes off after that.

I love the little Jarod-isms (cotton candy, coffee, etc.) and seeing him teach. I like the mystery he has to solve. I'd go into more detail, but if I stay up any later I'll be seeing the dawn from the wrong side. So I'll just end by saying - I like it all. :D
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Dear Haiza:

"'You're insane. You can't teach three advanced literature courses in a subject you know nothing about!'

"Actually, yes, I can, Little Dorrit...'"

Exquisite.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
i chapter 15 . 12/11/2010
I am just now reading this story for the first time, and as I finish, I must commend you. This in an excelent work, and I truely enjoyed reading it. Your Original Character Amy was one of the best OC's I have ever had the pleasure to read. Well balanced and well placed. I must also praise the way you wrote the charaters. Your portrail of of Jarod was spot on, and I very much loved the way you provided insight into his purpose, emotions, and thoughts. Although I am not a great lover of Dickens, those references I did catch were delightful and never too much. Overall, this is one of the best Pretender stories I have ever read, as well as one of the greater fan stories. Well Done.
SpiegelofNowhere chapter 15 . 10/21/2010
This story- the entirity of this story - is brilliant. Really, very well written, original, good characterisation, funny, and the perspective of another looking in on Jarod's life is great to watch.
skydreamer22 chapter 15 . 7/20/2009
Your story was absolutely stunning! I can't believe you don't have more reviews, clearly not many people have gotten the chance to read it yet and they're really missing out.

Your story drew me in right away, I love the unique perspective, how you gave ur characters so much life. The inclusion of the Dickens characters to identify with was creative and intriguing and truly showed you passion for dickens. It's made me want to pick up a few of his books and reread the ones I've already read. That is something that makes a truly amazing story.

I can't wait to check out ur other stories because I'm completely in love with your writting style.

Anyway, great job!
Spots on a Pony chapter 15 . 7/20/2009
A very good story. I enjoyed it very much. I could see this as an episode. I hope you have another one in the works.
Katescats chapter 2 . 7/7/2009
Hi that was very good can't wait for the next chapter.