Reviews for A Fond Farewell
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Very well written.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
This story was good.

I thought the use of the imagery was good. It made me feel like I was with Frodo, in the last days before he left the Shire towards the Grey Havens and the West.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
truffles-koboi chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This is the second story of yours that I've read, and I believe that I'm just going to have to go through and read them all.

I don't normally like stories of this length, but once again you have surprised me.

Most definitely, this story was another bittersweet one. Tinged with sadness, but at the same time there was a hint of humor, as with the milk and cookies. This reminded me of something that an old acting teacher once told me. If you act something honestly, and without trying to be funny or to make the audience laugh, the humor will come on its own.

In many fan fictions, you can tell that the humor or cuteness has been fabricated and molded to fit the audience. Likewise, it is then superficial, and can easily be stripped away.

With this story, it does not seem so fabricated, and seems to be simply an accidental product of the storyline.

And about the storyline, it was almost as if that was unreachable. I felt like the few paragraphs that were given were more a window into Frodo's life as it was seen, not as it was imagined. Like Tolkien and his networks of illusion, there seemed to be many intangible, or unreachable things in this stories.

To sum up, this story is beautiful, melancholy, and simply a nice read.

Hannon-le,

Truffles-Koboi
Larner chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Nicely done.
AC2 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Beautiful, evocative stuff - and I have the privilege of being the first to review it! I really enjoyed the vivid prose, the tender descriptions and the atmosphere of melancholy - with a hint of hope thrown in. Great work!

Niggle:

where he [fixed] poured himself a small glass of milk

We use the word fix when we speak of mending stuff over here.