Reviews for Surrender
BlackKittee chapter 6 . 7/24/2009
*sighs very deeply*

God, I love you. I really do. I love your writing, I love your 10/Martha stories... *sighs again*

A beautiful ending to this great fic. All of the Doctor coming for the explanation is very effective and the reasoning is sound as well.

I love the fact that you mentioned BOTH versions of "human nature"! And the reason behind them is great. 10's John Smith only falling for Joan because of his 'background' is great. He simply was a product of his time and beginning a relationship with his black maid is not something that would cross his mind.

Very beautifull this.

P.S. The Googoo Dolls with Iris ;-)
Miggs chapter 6 . 7/24/2009
Oh oh oh! I feel like all my favorite fic authors have updated their stories today!

A very satisfying end to this story, with Martha properly meeting the past Doctors. Oh, and some sexytime for her and Ten was very nice too.

I didn't want to point this out, but you made a gaffe here:

“A bit much for a regular thing?” the Doctor asked, shrugging casually as he looked reassuring at her. “Oh, don’t worry, I’m not going to make a habit of that; it was only because I…”

“Oh, don’t worry,” the Doctor said, shrugging casually, “I’m not going to make a habit of that; it was only because I…”
challengerspet chapter 6 . 7/24/2009
Oh what a great story! Had me rooted to my screen from start to finish. Am I correct in thinking the titles came from Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls? Nice choice for the story very fitting. Again thanks for such a great story.
anonnatymousMARTIN chapter 4 . 7/16/2009
This is lovely. And that line near the end. Wow.
drgemini86 chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
Aww. I really love that last bit with her hearing nine voices in her head. That is just... wow. It kinda reminds me a bit of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers a bit, with Howard Keel character's bride having to care for him and his six brothers. Within the context of Doctor Who, the Doctor is a handful by himself. lol

Anyway. So, yes, liking this. It did seem rather easy, but then I guess it's easier reading it than actually going through it. But then again, I suppose there's worse to come with repairing the damaged tissue. And perhaps this, while being the crux of the story, isn't the be all and end all of it.

Ah, so Doctory though, him suddenly snapping from being down in the dumps to facing his problems head on.

tbh, I thought the other Doc was Three (I was mentally going through the collage of 11 Doctors on Wikipedia, and the Jon Pertwee one I vaguely remember being in green), but it being Eight stands up better than my chromatic reasoning.

Anywho, nice work! Can't wait to see where you go from here.

: )
LunaSolTierra chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
There are so many truth to what the Doctor and Martha said, but I'm glad they came to a common ground and Martha in a way gave the Doctor his life back. The TARDIS playing a real character is one of the best things EVER. Thank you so much for giving her such an active role. It's about time someone did. I think it was very cool to have the Doctor's eight incarnation come to help and the part of "Welcome to our hearts, Martha Jones was and is absolutely brilliant. The ending of the chapter has me smiling like crazy. I can't wait for more.
Star Mage1 chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
Love the line Welcome to our hearts and the revival of the past incarnations.
Belle Patronus chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
Aw, this was really emotive. I loved the way you finished the chapter too, especially the line, "Welcome to our hearts, Martha Jones". Brilliant!
Miggs chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
I just figured out the song that youre using for chapter titles! I'm so slow on the uptake. Anywhoo, your stories are the reason why I still believe in Ten/Martha. And I love that for this chapter you brought in another one of my favorite Doctors.
challengerspet chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
Oh wow that was a great chapter! I really like what you did. Made for some very good reading.
DutchLady chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
*dies in a little puddle of squee*

OOHH, you write Ten/Martha more beautiful then I ever could. A briliant chapter. Are there going to be more?
DawnCandace chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
Yaay! You updated! I like your take on Rose, she was a bit obsessive. Didn't one of the show's writers call her the clingy girlfriend? At least Martha was independent enough to walk away. But then, Martha is made of awesome. I look forward to reading more. I sort of feel sorry for Tom.
Star Mage1 chapter 3 . 7/12/2009
I love the mention of the Valeyard.
DutchLady chapter 3 . 7/11/2009
A great chapter. Well thought out, and more Classic Who-ness!
LunaSolTierra chapter 3 . 7/10/2009
Poor Doctor after everything he's been through I don't blame him for wanting to end it all. Though i still has things to live for. The TARDIS who has never given up on him, Martha she's like his guardian angel, Jack who is always there when the Doctor needs him and not to mention Earth and the Universe which still need him.
54 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »