Reviews for Courting Cloud
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 10 . 5/5
man i am looking forward to see what happens next
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 1 . 5/5
awesome story i wounder how things will turn out :)
Zurrick chapter 10 . 4/24/2014
Awesome story. I was never really a fan of final fantasy. I guess because I didn't play the games but reading this makes me want to play them. So thank you. Very very good story.
TOWTWUKER chapter 4 . 11/3/2012
just have godo tell her he was at (omnislash) sword point.
HalcyonLife chapter 2 . 6/6/2012
Darn you and your awesomeness...

You kept me up the whole night! I totally woke up completely drained and dead because it's your fault! The story was way too good to stop...good job, you're one of the few writers to actually cause me to do that...I'm just lucky I'm on summer break, haha.

Anyways, I originally planned to review after each chapter, but it was just too good to stop reading in-between, but I think I'm going to just finish the whole thing first (I've got like a chapter left to go for part 1) and then I'll get back to 'ya on the rest! I plan on re-reading the whole thing and giving you some thoughts on it.

Because I honestly think a story like this deserves a good chapter by chapter review!

So to review chapter 2!

Once again, you've pretty much got their characters downpat, and they come off as completely believable.

The only minor problem I had with this chapter, as with all the other chapters that follow, is trying to imagine exactly what is going on when the action sequences are occuring, like when Cloud fought the Macura spider thingy, although this most likely isn't through any fault within your actual writing, I just felt that for me it was a bit hard to follow.

Another thing I found rather strange was how you utilized the whole HP/MP thing within the actual story. I always thought it was more of a gameplay thing that wouldn't translate well into fanfiction or more cinematic sequences but for some reason, I feel it works just fine here, just a little strange is all, lol.

But what really makes this shine is the witty dialogue and character interactions, mainly between Cloud and Yuffie of course. I really love this little bit here...

_

Cloud frowned, misunderstanding. "Are you okay?"

"What? Oh me? Wow, listen to you – stuck in a cave with a big-ass spider demon and you're concerned about me."

Cloud looked down towards the cavern.

"Look, you know the Wutainese characters right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"If I can get over to see them and tell you what they look like, do you think you can translate?"

"…I can try. Oh, but Cloud it's too dangerous."

Cloud smirked. "Listen to you. On house arrest, bored out of your mind and you're worried about me."

"Oh shut it," she returned.

Cloud smiled.

_

I couldn't help but smile along with him, you can practically feel how comfortable they are with each other, and it comes off as totally natural and believable.

On another note, I also thought the whole correlation between Wutainese (if that's what it's called)/Japanese was also fairly believable, but I wonder how that would work from a Japanese point of view, since everything in the Japanese version of the game is already in Japanese? Lol, well just a thought.

Anyways, awesome stuff!

I'll review chapter 3 as soon as I can!
HalcyonLife chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
It's only the first chapter, and I must say, this is easily within the best of Clouffie fanfictions on this entire website, if not the whole of the internet itself.

You've captured Cloud and Yuffie's characters so well! I especially loved the conversation and dialogue between the two, it just flows so naturally and is incredibly believable without being cheesy or awkward, the bad-fanfiction sort of awkward anyways.

Anyways, great job! I know it's been a while since you've updated on the sequel of Courting Cloud, and I've yet to read it, but if it's anything like the quality read here, then please by all means finish it!
orekii chapter 10 . 12/13/2011
I'm speechless...the only thing I could think of saying is "Bloody Brilliant,"

This is the best Cloud x Yuffie fic that I've read.

Definitely goes in the favorites.
Xel'Naga Lord chapter 10 . 10/13/2010
I AM BEGGING YOU PLZZZZZZZZZZZ UPDATE
UMMX chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
Nice ending to this book and It good to see something nice on this couple. I just wish it was longer.
UMMX chapter 8 . 9/25/2010
Nice chapter loved the work. Good job, I hope you do an second book.
MidnightDeath666 chapter 10 . 8/17/2010
awesome fic cant wait for part II please post it soon
UMMX chapter 7 . 8/11/2010
I love this chapter Yuffie need to come out and say it. She does say it in game even if cloud misses it.
UMMX chapter 5 . 8/11/2010
I love this chapter goods story you should do more storys.
UMMX chapter 4 . 8/11/2010
nice chapter it was great good job.
UMMX chapter 2 . 8/10/2010
Nice chapter it really good.