Reviews for Role Model
Shella chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Solid-gold brilliant. This fic *is* Sanzo: defiant, unapologetic, fierce and vivid. Seriously, the sheer energy in what's technically an action-less introspective piece of writing is *amazing*. I really liked the framing device of Buddhist teaching, contrasting what's nominally (in several senses) important about Genjyo Sanzo with what actually is truly crucial to him. This is wall-to-wall win.
Nephilum-Kat chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Jesus, you make me laugh. Probably inappropriate for this story, but it's true. Expect to see more reviews (I've just cleaned out your Saiyuki reads) and I am well aware that 'you dislike people who fav and do not review'.

Interesting take on Sanzo by the way. I enjoyed reading this.
Kitesvara chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
This is so lovely! It's so Sanzo too, that weird combination of bitching, grouchiness, commitment and love.

And he's not nearly as far from his path as he thinks he is.
Kosette chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
you wanna know what i think? LOLZ wow if i had said any of that in my school i would have had detentionn in my detention:X

har hars anyways nice story!
ForeheadGoggles chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Yeah! *spins gleefully* I was hoping you'd give the Saiyuki fandom a try soon, and it was certainly worth the wait. I really love the second person style you write in, and it seems to fit Sanzo perfectly. I didn't find it out of character at all... And the ending? Beautiful. A worthy fave.
Temari 88 chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
I really loved this, both because it's Sanzo and also because I find the way he breaks down the Eightfold Path very Sanzo-like and yet quite cute (does that have any sense? ), if you can put 'Sanzo' and 'cute' in the same line without giggling...

Really a good work! XD
Adena777 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
It's very well written and I don't think Sanzo is OOC, on the contrary, your portrayal is very convincing! (and I'm glad he knows that Goku is completely, unconditionaly devoted to him) This is so promising! I hope you'll write more Saiyuki fics (I must say I'd love a sequel for this one for example :p) and thanks for sharing!
Atheist1 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Whilst reading, I was thinking that your religion speak seemed to make sense and wondered if you had made it up. (Cos if you did, that was damn impressive. Heh!)

A very convincing portrayal of Sanzo. Well done.

Will definitely look out for more. Thanks! _
DaynaJD chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This was fantastic! Very well written and a wonderful story. I very much enjoyed it. :)
Sakural7865 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This is well written! Hope you make more like this!
TheCoffeeFox chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
"Recover the Seiten Sutra"

"Save the whole goddamed planet"

"Keep the monkey alive"

THAT WAS GREAT! You really capture Sanzo.