Reviews for Summer In The City
OrchidJen chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
There are no words to describe how much I adore this. Amazing, beautiful job!
WhereverUAre chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I think you captured their essence perfectly!

thanks for the wonderful fic! :D
1832TeaQL chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Thank you for writing this story. Arthur and Morgana was the best paring in Merlin and this was a great story. Both of them were completely in character and you captured their banter, their playfulness and their constant need to beat the other, perfectly. Good job!
azab chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
loved it great job
Hunter-James chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Woohoo, I really enjoyed reading this! I wish this had happened on the show!

Thanks for writing this :)
laoma chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Awesome story! Arthur is so nice here :) And Morgana is gorgeous, as always :)
XXbestfriend1XX chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Love it!
Cruel11 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Wow what a great short story. People rarely write about these two which sucks. Plez write more. :D
Starlight77 chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Oh, this was perfection! I really adore your Morgana. I think it would very much be like her to want to dress more normally, and enjoy the festival just like others do without the weight of being Uther's ward weighing on her. Always one to defy expectations, she is.

And, she did defy Arthur's expectations at the end there...with the kiss! Hehe! I love how she just did it without thinking. I feel that's the only way a kiss could happen between the two of them. I also like that you had her initiate the kiss as I feel Arthur - despite his confidence - is a little bit too shy or insecure to be so bold as to kiss her. That and I feel he tries to respect her boundaries, although he's always pushing at them slightly to get her to open up more.

As he did here, going up to her so they could converse and enjoy each other's company at the festival before they inevitably had one of their famous arguments. I enjoyed her inner dialogue as she contrasted how Arthur could be so noble as to defy Uther's edict one moment and help the druid boy escape while at the next he could be so shackled by tradition as to insult Gwen. I like that he later came with a peace offering, and his attempt to be nice to Gwen - while obviously prompted by Morgana's chiding earlier - did at the very least still seem sincere.

I think the setting of the festival was great for this story too, as I think the festive atmosphere helped Arthur and Morgana relax somewhat and not think of the weighty expectations that come with their offices. Arthur was more playful than usual in such an atmosphere, and I really adored how he asked her to dance!

His unwillingness to break their fragile and unusual peace, his hesitation in giving her the necklace and his fumbling attempt to explain why he bought it for her (thinking not even SHE could make a scene over a necklace), was so adorably cute!

Of course he had to ruin his offering somewhat by his pathetic attempt at a compliment with his "it even looks alright on you" but then he wouldn't be Arthur if he didn't do that! It's so sweet that he doesn't know how to go about complimenting her or giving her gifts! Understandable, given that their relationship is characterized by well-placed insults and backhanded compliments and not the affectionate gestures characteristic of a romance.

But alas, she showed her appreciation for his genuinely well-meant, if not fumbled, attempts at a romantic gesture. I'm glad she finally just told him she did like it and then really showed him how much she did by kissing him. (Her comment about the ring was oh-so-nicely done - I loved that line!)

Of course, he once again has to make some remark to anger her but he recovers nicely with his "you love me anyway."

The ending really was superb as she just teased him about it and didn't call him on that hefty word love. But yes, one of these days she is going to have to call him on it - a day when they're both ready to say the word I'm thinking. :)

Great story! Really great characterizations of both of them. I really like how you played with the dynamics of their relationship here to show the sweetness that underlies their antagonistic relationship.
emerald sorceress chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Lovely lovely lovely! The ending is just wonderful. We need more Arthur/Morgana stories like this :)
vampout chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
aww this was so cute! i loved it!hopefully you continue with it! cant wait to see where this goes! excellent job!
shootingstarsonmars chapter 1 . 7/6/2009