Reviews for The Field
MeridaFaeScott chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
So, yeah, this was a little difficult to follow along with, but at the same time really cute and intense. I had guessed at teh beginning that it was Macy (Stella would never lay in a field) and Joe (it just seemed like him). Good job!
Rasberry Parfait chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I love this. It's beautifully written, and I love watching Joe struggling to understand...
Enchanting Imagination chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
i loved, loved, loved it!

i really like when macy says the sky is orange then be orange part...i love her outlook as well :-)
pariswindspeed chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Wow. Extremely incredible. Very intense

and I had it all painted out in my mind.

Phenomenal writing. (:
fuelledbystarbucks chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I don;t think it's confusing at all, I just think ... wow. It was so well written. But you surprised me with Joe, I had a feeling it was Macy before you mentioned it was, but I thought it was Nick, I just saw him. If that even makes sense, but Joe probably works with this more. Ha.

Laura
Fabled Diamond chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I knew it was Joe the whole time. I'm just good like that.

Very nice writing. It reminds me of Across the Universe in a way.

I really enjoyed it.
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
"It was so picturesque, such a scene straight out of Hollywood that he was troubled by it. How could it really exist?" This line alone makes me positive that I will love this story.

And the note at the top, about you liking Joe/Macy and Nick/Macy helps since I adore both pairings. Everyone on FF is going to be tired of hearing my same old theories. But one of the aspects of those pairings that I like is that it requires the boy to change his mind, to realize he's been missing something. He's misjudged her. I love Kevin/Macy too of course. But something about non-canon pairings always intrigues me.

I like how you set the scene. Sometimes we get so wrapped up i dialogue and facial expressions (those are important too, of course), that we forget the value in using the environment to convey a sense of wonder (or whatever emotion we're striving to express). Anyway, you've done it really well-the cornfield, the daisy, contrasting with the plane.

Is this AU? I'm not sure where the farm fits into JONAS. Though I do love it.

"It was like she saw the world through a kaleidoscope while everyone else was seeing it through a foggy window." Nicely expressed. And very true. Macy is a wonder.

"I’m tired of seeing things like everyone else.” Sigh. I love it.

It's fascinating that this ends so differently that you'd think. Joe doesn't completely understand, but he's starting to. And it's beautiful to watch the birth of that beginning.

I'm going to be very presumptuous and demand that you write for JONAS again. Asap. :) Please?

-Jenn