Reviews for Persona 3: Fairly English Story
Dragon's Shadow chapter 108 . 4/9/2010
So, I'm finally get to review the Epiclogue. I've only got one thing to say to you: Bravo. Not exactly the ending I wanted, but a brilliant ending nonetheless. I cannot wait to get to the sequel and Investigation Team Yo! Nothing major I need to point out or anything; all is good in the end.
Hishin Trueflame chapter 66 . 4/8/2010
for the loss of Akihiko i just hope you will pull a go beyond the impossible and beat reason to the curb against NYX because if not blood will be spilled
Callum the dragoon chapter 108 . 4/8/2010
*stands up and claps*

well done.

no really, well done.

you finally made one of your ideals become reality.
Slackerman811 chapter 108 . 4/7/2010
Finally after a 108 big ones this thing comes to a hearty close. And sorry about not review until now, I hate my internet provider. Devil Survivor tilled me over until now (fuck Belial), and I shall wreak havoc on my browser by viewing tons of videos that I missed and catching up on fair reading. And now it's time for something I like to do (Okay I've only done it twice before) called end of story review, so haway we go!

First off this has to be one of the FEW completed novelizations of any SMT game out there. Mainly because of how obscenely long the games are and how many devils can be summoned in general. Other reasons too, but laziness likes to be direct in its excuses. Next off the story! You can't have a fanfic without a stor-wait...never mind. But, anyways as conveying the games events, early on it seemed like a run of the mill adaptation. 'Oh look, he can talk and make witty comments, and he's from UK rather than somewhere in Japan. I have no idea where (I believe you said it is when somebody pointed out the fusions or something like that) that you decided 'fuck it, let's see what we can do to turn it so high that it puts half the shit from Gurren Lagann to shame' approach.

And it was awesome.

Seriously the reason this thing got so many readers and reviewers, was pretty much to see how for you can go with this thing.

Well we see Adachi a bit more, and he has somebody from a Charlie Daniels song as one of his best Persona. I know there is more, but Devil Survivor burns your brain.

Now for grammer, and other boring things. 'It gets better with grammer, you write with more finesse, and other cute cuddly things that tickle your warm spot'

NOW BACK TO THE SEXY, SEXY FUN TIME!

I must admit the entire Shadow Minato was a fairly good idea to keep the story going, and it did fit with everything you have established thus far and a decent sequel hook. Although I do wish there were a few more excerpts from the Answer that there was in the story. I can understand P4 because that isn't Minato's turf, but really you couldn't have written a scene or two more for the Answer?

And he gets a lot of sexy time for a brain damaged mute.

Sorry if I spoil this or anything else to anybody looking in the reviews section, but honestly, read the fucking story first.

The entire switch deaths thing with Shinji and Aki, was actually pretty well written and you will get this years award for completely changing the canon so hats of too you I guess.

The social links in the story were really great and didn't feel like you were blundering through hours of dialogue messily summed up into one chapter.

All in all, it was a very fun story to read, one that made me keep checking the internet every few days to see if the thing had updated (Sometimes it didn't, sometimes there were 50 chapters added, note for future stories, CONSISTENCY!), and it was a really fun ride, offering you chocolates and back rubs on the way. Which is a really bad idea for a roller coaster, but whatever just roll with it.

I'll stay tuned for the sequel! And other various forays into fan fiction.
12 Philosopher chapter 108 . 4/5/2010
Awesome story! Just finished the whole thing, even though it took me 3 days and 4 nights. I played Persona 3 way back, but stopped cause I got a couple of other new games. Now I think the sheer awesomeness in your story just persuaded me to pick the game back up again. Thanks for the great read! Hope you can top that on the sequel!
Derek Barona chapter 108 . 4/1/2010
I just finished The Answer as of about an hour before I came in and read this chapter, having made a point of holding off until I was done. I honestly could not be more impressed with this whole thing than I am. You took one of the most fun games I ever played and turned it into a story worthy of itself and anything that would come after. I'm looking forward to the Friggen Epic Sequel.

Someday... People will change for the better. I find myself hoping for that as well.
jaredhimself31 chapter 108 . 4/1/2010
Great Story, Gotta ask where is this "My Life is a Goddamn Mess" story located at? I checked something awful and couldn;t find it.
Fayneir chapter 108 . 3/31/2010
The awesomeness is at its end. I feel like crying. Great fic, right up there in my top 20 favourites. I'm looking forward to the first chapter of the sequel. Truly EPIC.
ByLanternLight chapter 108 . 3/31/2010
This story has been a real wild ride. 108 chapters of epic awesome... I can hardly believe it. The ending seemed just right, in terms of places to leave off. I was kinda looking forward to seeing Minato screwing about in the P4 timeline, but perhaps this is for the best. I wonder if this whole thing affected 'Naoto' though, especially if Seta ever tells her about the poison conversation. That fun to ponder. Well, anyway, thanks for the story, I really enjoyed it. Good luck on all your future endeavors!
Have a Little Feith chapter 108 . 3/30/2010
NO! Mommy! It's over! Why did it have to end...? It was great. I'd love to see a story from you about the evolution of the Jacks. Maybe Miserichorde can appear in it? That'd be awesome.
viperzero chapter 108 . 3/30/2010
sam i think im going on a vacation for 3 days because of feeling empty and the aswang and bathala came from the phillipines because you didn't said it
KingJeric chapter 108 . 3/30/2010
I'm glad you tied up Izanami's story. Since we know in P4, they held her back temporarily, she COULD come back, but you tied up that necessary lose end.

The final scene with the hitchhiker made me smile, mostly 'cause I loved the movie Pay It Forward. If you haven't seen it, Google it, and you'll know what I mean.

So that's the end, huh? No, it didn't seem anti-climactic, really.

Honestly, I could see those scenes of him helping random people with their lives showing while the credits rolled on the side of the screen.

In the end of it all, Persona 3: Fairly English Story was a truly action-packed and heart-touching adventure. Seriously.

Want a point-based review?:

Story Basis: 9/10 - Awesome, especially the twist

Story Progression: 7/10 - Mileage changes through the chapters

Plot Events: 10/10 - Perfected

Character Development: 11/10 - You went beyond the impossible.

Description: 9/10 - Some uneven description between scenes/ch's

Spelling/Grammar: 7/10 - Some mistakes, but the story's too long to revise by now.

Tongue In-Cheek Humour: 8/10 - A bit much with WH40k, but whatever, it was awesome.

Songfic Scenes: 9/10 - I'm biased, 'cause I loved most of the SONIC ADVENTURE 2 songs.

Battle Scenes: 9/10 - For. The. Win!

Infinity And Beyond!:10/10 - You expanded WAY out of Persona 3 after a lot of Chapters, and ended up connecting everything together well with good explanations of the impossible, and even connecting events of different MegaTen games.

Overall: 9/10, and I recommend ANY Megami Tensei fan to read this.

Seriously. I give you all my Glory Points and ultimate props. :P
Forgottem memories chapter 108 . 3/30/2010
Well, it's been a good run. The story started getting ridiculous there towards the end, but it was all in good fun, a lot of laughs.

You deserve a lot of praise, you've written one of the very few epic stories on this site, and you've done so in record time.
TenshiReike chapter 108 . 3/29/2010
519 thousand words. This is about twice the size of a regular novel. Congrats, it was fun reading it and I'll be looking for the sequel.
Vect the Atoner chapter 108 . 3/29/2010
To say that this is Epic would be like saying that being tossed off the plane and into the Pacific Ocean would make you somewhat soggy.

While admittedly I did get into the story rather late, I will admit that what I've read was quite impressive. You certainly do not do things on a small scale and to say that you take Refuge In Audacity (Fellow Troper here who's done some minor cleanup on this story's TV Trope Page) would be putting it lightly. You not only Cross The Line Twice, but you tapped into the Speed Force somewhere across the line and ran around it until you've made the line into a conspicuously spiral-looking design...

And you pulled it off well.

That's something few writers can do, making an "Awesome" character and still make a Character rather than a tool to bash down obstacles. Minato consistently remains an interesting character not without flaws (letting the fact that he's the baddest muthafucka of the SMT-verse get to his head) and not always making the "Paragon" choice, to put it in Mass Effect terms. That and the other characters do their part well by getting Character Development and Taking Levels of Badass like crazy. Even villains like Ikutsuki and Strega get their shots as well as Social Link characters.

You've also proven to be good at Touching Moments as well. A good understanding of human emotion is necessary for a good writer. That and to write a Magnificent Bastard-type character.

Not much else I could say save for Godspeed on your projects to come and may Minato and all future Charlies pimpslap more Deities and prove how awesome humans can be.

PS: You've ever read "My Life is a Goddamn Mess" from Something Awful? It's a "Let's Play" of P3 that takes place as records of Minato's Livejournal. While not nearly as Beyond The Impossible as this, it's a nice characterization of the MC.
1,202 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »