Reviews for Persona 3: Fairly English Story
Martial Arts Master chapter 93 . 1/8/2011
Wait, hold the phone.

Your version of Minato is arguing that a despairing Nyx-worshiping philosophy is wrong because it claims that life is unbearable, so your character RESPONDS with...99% of life is failure?

How does that even work? You essentially just argued against nihilism with fatalism.

You say that only you're responsible for your fate, but then you argue that "everything in this world exists to bring you down."

What the hell, SamJaz? "Life sucks?" Everything sucks?

You sound like a nihilist yourself. Your main character is essentially arguing from the same premise Takaya is, he just reaches a different conclusion.

Takaya says "life sucks, so we should all die." Minato essentially just responds, "life sucks, so we should all live."

Doesn't that strike you as odd? Minato was going on and on at the beginning of this fanfic (yes I can remember that far back) about not wanting to be perceived as a "whiny emo brat" (his words, not mine), but essentially he just made an "emo" argument, only he tacked on a "positive inspiration" twist on it.

Because there's lots of good things in this world, and lots of people who might be willing to help you. There are lots of supportive people in this world.

So the idea that "everything exists in this world to bring you down" isn't a very smart claim to make.

Not to mention the idea that everyone should help only themselves is essentially a selfish philosophy, one that only Americans like myself and British people like yourself would take seriously.

I don't know, I just found this chapter very strange and inconsistent.
bakapervert chapter 100 . 12/19/2010
What happen with victory cry, or regenerate 3, or invigorate 3?
bakapervert chapter 74 . 12/18/2010
Is London's kid really are that bad like what you are writing?
Kira chapter 3 . 12/16/2010
and excellent place to end the chapter, I can't wait to see him interact with Igor

though I really want to see him fight

of course the game has the overly long opening
Kira chapter 2 . 12/16/2010
again really funny

you have a way with realistic humor
Kira chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
TVTropes sent me here

I'm glad it did

this is fairly awesome

and it explains a lot
SeigZeon chapter 6 . 11/19/2010
this is better then the original :D
SeigZeon chapter 3 . 11/19/2010
i love the way you are doing P3 super great :D
SeigZeon chapter 2 . 11/19/2010
this is so f ing awsome

great view on MC just plain awsome also so funny song burn my dread ha

great chapter :D
SeigZeon chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
this is great very interesting :D
RaidEye chapter 108 . 11/10/2010
I loved it, mate. Well done:)
Book Maniac chapter 108 . 11/8/2010
Final Review for me on this story. I have enjoyed reading this story from start to finish and now a second time. I hope that you write many more stories as good as this and I pray for safety and blessings on you on your missionary trip. Take care and good luck.
Shinosuke chapter 10 . 11/5/2010
Okay, i've gotten as far into this story as i could before finally all the comments in me built up too much for me to hold back.

I'm sure since you have 1000 reviews you've been told plenty of times that you're spelling both Minato's and Akihiko's last names incorrectly. but apparently, you don't care and would rather leave it incorrect than just fix it really quick. so yeah, that's annoying. and just bad writing, if you find a mistake, fix it. don't ignore it. I can only assume you're ignoring it to save your pride; deciding that it's better to just keep going on as if you're right than to take some correction and actually listen to it.

Which is why i expect you probably won't even care about anything i write in this review.

Also, this story is draaagggging. Why make it so long? In ten chapters, nothing worthwhile has occured at all. It's been almost exactly like the game with a few jokes and some extra side stories about the English Minato. Okay, we get it, he's from England. And wow the L jokes were funny. But can we get to a major plot point sometime soon? I'm beginning to think this has 100 chapters because you write out every single day. And that's just... overkill. I mean long stories are fine. But they have to be long stories with substance. The kind of stories that actually keep you entertained.

This story just keeps elaborating on events anyone who knows anything about Persona 3 would know. This story promises a lot, and seems like it would be really interesting, but I for one am not willing to sift through 50 or so chapters of things i already know just to get to the interesting part.

Overall, I really do think this story has a lot of potential. And maybe, if i had a week off with and no other site on the entire internet was working but this story, i might actually read all the way through it.

But i have to say, though you do give it a valiant effort, this story is too slow and ends up boring. Which is why i'm stopping here. i struggled to get through these first 10 chapters and not just gloss over entire paragraphs. To think that 98 more chapters await is not only a dreadful thought but also a very tiring one. This story makes me want to take a nap or go play the game myself. Since that would at least be interactive.

Sorry for the harsh criticism, but don't consider this a flame. This is just my honest opinion and review of your story.
Xoraan chapter 108 . 10/21/2010
A beautiful story with a beautiful ending. The way you made such plot twists was amazing. I'd like my own Persona fanfic to be as amazing as this, perhaps you could help me improve mine. This story was heart warming at the end, I will definitely keep this as a fav.
jbh61987 chapter 103 . 9/9/2010
You know what really made this plot-twist epic? The simple fact that this story was written in the first person and a shadow is the deeper, darker parts of our psyche. When you write in the first person you get to see what a character thinks and feels.

It was f*cking awesome because the readers don't even come close to considering the possibility. I have to know, did you plan that from the get-go? Because bravo!
1,255 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »