Reviews for Thunder and Lightning
Trevor X chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
YOU SAD-DED ME! MAKED ME CRY! For shame!

Really, beautifully done, regardless. And you did make me cry.
Myaru chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I didn't expect this to be as sad as it is. Kent's fixation on the bright, cloudless sky is a good way to express his resentment of it, and it's also good to resist the temptation to make the weather match a character's mood. XD Disharmony is much more effective.

Also, I really like this: "he wants to be as impulsive as she was when she left him," and later, "Maybe his friend had been right all along. Maybe he really had been too stiff and serious."

Poor Kent, drowning in his doubts. The part where he reflects on hearing her cry at night - I also really like that. It's sad, but it shows how careful he was to pay attention to her, which really reflects their supports. (I haven't finished the game or gotten their supports, but I spoiled myself silly.) When he contemplates the possibilities that she's married and a mother- that also hurts, and it's great.

Now, I debated saying this when your notes tell me you're just trying to get back into writing - but my only gripe in reading this story is that I wasn't sure why Kent was dying. His situation isn't explained, and while I was still able to enjoy the story, it's a mystery I really wish were solved. He isn't that old; he's in bed, not a battlefield; was he wounded, ill, poisoned, in the depths of despair?

Anyway, it's not half-baked, and I really liked it. :D I'm a big fan of tragedy. It doesn't have to be a bad thing!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Bahh. I'm so lazy these days.

Anyway, this was really sad, and the end was depresing, and I think it was still very good for a... Uh, what did you call it? Ah, yes. A "half-baked 'fic". XD

At any rate, really nice job, dearie. Keep it up!

[Xirysa]
jordan114725 chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
So sad, I love it!
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
And you get ten win-at-life points for that irony.

Poor Kent ;_;. I guess you've finally explored that too-hesitant aspect of him...I mean, it takes him forever to work up the courage in the game (even though he gets it eventually), and we of the Circle like to write nice endings for him, but...what if he NEVER DID buck up? That's why I like this fic :).

Actually...it makes me think about real life a lot, too. What chances do we let pass us by because we're too scared or hesitant to act? I can think of several instances where something amazing happened because I took a chance, but I still get chills wondering "What if I never said or did that? What would have happened to me, instead?" So...Kent...*cries* And he even loves her after all that time! ;_;. That's so cute, in the really sad way. Happy fics come next, por favor? :3 (Even though this one was great!)

Kender
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
It's a sad piece about regret and what could have been. It gets the message across, though it could have been developed more, like with description and a sense of setting to ground the piece and tie the emotional to the physical. But it works.

Not a bad way to get back into writing, Manna. I know it can be tough to get back into it (seriously, it's so hard for me to get back into it) but you can do it!
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Ah, the cycle of shoulda, woulda, coulda. Again, you did a wonderful job of drawing in Kent's anguish and regrets from not going after Lyn. And I liked how the world was cheery when he was still alive but when he expired, a storm came along and started to rain. Nice symbolism (or whatever it really is) right there.