Reviews for A True Hero
Ziggurat Rolsovitch chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
I wouldn't mind going that way. I'd be honor to die in God's name. Thank you for sharing this story.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Don't get me wrong, this is not a criticism, and is definitely not meant to diminish the lives lost in the Columbine shooting, but I don't understand why everyone thinks she was a martyr just because she said she believed in God. For all we know, the killers might have shot her even if she said she were an atheist. If he had said that he would let her live if she said no, then she would undoubtedly be a modern-day martyr, but that is not the case. Please do not be offended by this review.
R chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Why do I sicken you? Is it because I offended your sense of decency? Boo fuckity hoo. This whole story is bullshit. Write a story about Rachel Scott - she actually did something useful with her life. Fueling myths to attract more followers to a religion is not heroism. Even dying for a belief is not heroism. It could be called "A True Martyr", but unless they had said something like "We'll stop killing people in exchange for your life," or something, she's not a hero in any sense. But they never even asked her, so it doesn't really matter anyway. Cassie Bernall died for nothing. End of story.
L chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
As Person stated, this exchange did not truly happen as the book suggested, although that is not to say the author made the story up, it was simply stated to the media and blown widely out of proportion.

On a writing level, allow me to suggest the use of more pronouns and a bit more editing to prevent the repetition of phrases. I would also advise (hypothetically if you were to redo this piece for whatever reason) that you restructure it to not give away the ending in the first few paragraphs but instead wait until the end to reveal her death. Finally, I highly recommend you try to avoid using the phrase "In Conclusion" to end pieces. Your writing should come to an end naturally and you should have no reason to tell us it is ending.

Otherwise decent piece of writing.

And to Satan and Eric Harris, you sicken me.
Seiji and Shizuku 4ever chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
This sweet report touched my heart, Mikki! I remember reading that book and I was so inspired by Cassie's faith and boldness for God. I am so adding this to my faves! GREAT job on this and I hope to see more from you soon! OMG, you almost made me cry!
Eric Harris chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Only losers go the way of Satan. Go the way of Eric Harris, it is much more epic.
Satan chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
lol, i'm rapeing cassie in hell, bitch gets what she deserves. her god didn't save her lol.
Lolita chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Christianity is for pussies. If you really want to be saved, go the way of Satan.

Eric Harris chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Person chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
You do know that that exchange never happened, right? Klebold asked Valeen Schnurr if she believed in god, she said yes, and he said "God is gay" and walked away. Eric Harris shot Cassie Bernall in the head after seeing her and calling out "Peekaboo!"
stonie1914 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Mikki, a good report! But now to take this to the next level, fiction. (And I do believe that this would be very good fanfic in Book genre.) may I suggest, a fictional sleep over at a friend's house the night before Columbine massacre occured as a setting? Cassie and her friend with another fictional girl discuss the issues, the things Cassie talked about before her life changing experience? How is being a christian different from talking suicide and murder? Will the fictional friend run back to Cassie's house for something, miss the massacre and have to deal with why God spared her, but not Cassie? Best wishes for your continued writing.