Reviews for Fortuna Favet Fatuis
Digital Skitty chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
As this is a review for chapter one, you may safely assume that I've only completely read the first chapter. However, I have looked over the other four chapters - actually, I have looked over the author's notes.

While it is not illegal in any of 's actual rules, demanding a certain number of reviews before uploading each chapter is just in bad taste. It's an unwritten rule; most authors on this site just don't DO that. It is attention-whoring in the worst way. Reviews are voluntary things and should be a reward for a good chapter uploaded, not a ransom for the next one.

In fact, you are lucky to have fifty-eight reviews for a five chapter story, especially in as small a fandom as Persona 4. It makes me wonder how many you'd have if it weren't for your demands.

I will freely admit that this review was written in annoyance and irritation. I heard from a friend that this was a good story, and it actually is, much to my surprise. But I simply will not allow myself to fully enjoy a story that's being held at ransom. I highly doubt I'll even read the rest of it, as interesting as the plot sounds. I have a personal vendetta against anyone who does such things to otherwise good stories. When a bad story is held captive, it's just sad. When a halfway decent one is being ransomed, it's a shame and sad in a different way. But why not let a decent one stand on its own and see how many reviews it can actually garner for itself?

Once again, reviews are VOLUNTARY and reviewers should be THANKED for taking the time to write them out. Reviews should not be DEMANDED for each new chapter. (By god, I hope you're still thankful for them. You had better reply to each and every signed review and thank them profusely for taking the time to help pay for the next chapter.)

I'm not pretending to be a professional in any way, but I have been around the site a few times, and have written my own stories as well. Fanfiction isn't a "professional" site, either (in fact, it's a site dedicated to copyright infringement, but I'm not complaining). But still, have a bit of decency. At least try to act your age (seventeen, is it?) and don't demand reviews like a child with candy. Reviews are REWARDS. Reviews are not PAYMENT or OBLIGATORY or anything but that.

I'm running out of steam and am starting to repeat myself now, so I'll spare you that and any more of my slight rant. I hope you're mature enough to actually take this review as what it is and maybe learn from it. (Yes, I am also very aware that I am somewhat contradictory in leaving a review for this story. You only have nine more to go after this. Felicitations. Unless it's only reviews specifically for chapter 5 that you're counting, in which case I'll do nothing an am slightly happy with that.) I'm exercising my reviewing rights by leaving this. True, you're exercising your rights as an author, too, but try to become a better author and don't act so childishly and selfishly.

Maybe I'll come back to this story sometime and see how it's shaped up.

~Skitty
Kefka VI chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
Thus the game restarts.
Avarenda chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
Buwahahahaaha Souji finally remembers! Now the REALLY interesting stuff is going to happen. I can't wait to see it all play out.
Twotwentytwo chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
Minato runs interfereance. Nice. Poor Souji, though, that's a big load of guilt on top of the giant rush of memory. I figured he'd be broken up about Nanako too, though. Looks like things are going to get interesting now that the changes can begin. Looking forward to that quite a bit.

I've never seen the super-bad end(actually, I've only seen the True End, I can't stand bad endings) so that was pretty chilling.

I also still love the bits of Souji's past that show up occasionally. It's just nice to see a good take on his backstory.

Despite my reservations, this is turning out well so far. Keep it up!
hihazuki chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
... Well, ok. This was a shock. I... can't believe this. Naoto's... really... killed...?

Finally, Yosuke's Dungeon has been completed. Still six more to go- seven if you count Naoto-. But still, I'm curious to whether she's still alive or not.

You're keeping at quite a good pace. Try not to keep updating late, ok?;-)
Sybil Corvax chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
yay! I love updates!
MaikuFreakingKamiyama chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
God DAMN! You really took that bad ending and ran with it. But as always, an awesome chapter. And I know I'm spoiling the story for myself, but I'm gonna hazard a guess the blue vial was Naoto's memories.

ANYWAYS. I hope to see more of this story soon 8D
Darklink1011 chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
Good story so far and i don't see any spelling errors.

Only problem i have is that stupid have to have so many reviews before you update deal.
Araragi-san chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
Despite you sticking close to the the scenes in the game it is still a very well writen story thus far. I also like how you've expanded on some scenes and character actions. You did say that this story was written under the pretense that the bad ending happened right? That makes me wonder how Souji will react when he discovers who the true culprit is? Hopefuly Your story makes it That far.
Fiyerna chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
A nice, long chapter. I very much enjoy these.

There's a lot of humor mixed in that gives Souji a lot of additional depth and humanity that the game didn't provide. Kudos for that, as well as the additions given to Yosuke and Chie. Please continue with these as the story progresses; they make the characters that much more real.

The plot so far is spot-on, so no complaints there!

Another splendid submission. I can't wait for the next chapter... Just one more review left until then, right?
Sybil Corvax chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
Oh! I know what's under Yosuke's futon!

Awesome chapter! It was so hilarious to read! Can't wait for the next update!
Avarenda chapter 4 . 7/12/2009
this is great! You should definitly update this soon. I cant wait till Souji remembers his past and the real plot changes begin. it's always interesting to see how different actions have different effects on the overall plot. This one's getting a alert and a favorite.
hihazuki chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
Phew! This chapter has taken me a little less than a day to read! And yes, things have started to heat up from here... You really have a knack for comedy and school stuff, you know?

Well, I really hope he meets Naoto soon. Until then, I'll try to keep up with your fascinating updates. Keep going!XD
Azurerin chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
Phew... I managed to read it today, even though I need twice to read this whole chapter... About the story, then...

I like this chapter a lot... Since Souji seem to unconsciously told Yosuke and Chie his hidden memories... Like the items under Yosuke's futon and all... Souji's quite funny here, the way he said to Chie about Mr. Morooka's warnings for not to hit him... Just, there's one part which I thought as a "too bad", it's the scene when Souji said that he has a girlfriend already... Wonder why, I just felt that it's too bad that Yosuke and Chie didn't question him about that... But well, I doubt anyone will question that kind of thing in those kind of situation though... I just thought that might made Souji thought about Naoto or something... Well, just what I thought though...

Meat gum, eh... I wonder how it tasted like... Looking forward to your next chapter!
leaflett chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
I like your characterisation of Souji here, and his responses to Chie and Yousuke in Junes and TV world were hilarious and smart. Things were starting to pick up, with Souji's persona re-awakened and his first visit to the TV world. I wonder if he would get most of his memories back when he summoned Izanagi for the first time?

There are several typos, but mostly are naming-related and not that distracting. I love the alterations made to the scenes too, they were funny and interesting to read. I believe that the story would be more interesting when the team re-entered the TV world, and I am waiting for the next chapter!
434 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 .. Last Next »