Reviews for Fortuna Favet Fatuis
Twotwentytwo chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
I really like your characterization of early-Souji: apathetic and pessimistic but he still shows signs of the awesome guy he'll become. I never really realized what a defining role Chie plays in that, too. While not the closest to him, she IS the one who really kicks everything off by, well, honestly trying to be his friend. Giving he and Yosuke a sort of shared city-sense of humor was pretty good, too. Souji unconsciously slipping in the "I already have a girlfriend" was also interesting.

The first Junes TV entry remains one of my favorite scenes, mainly because how damn nonchalant Souji is about the whole thing.

Good stuff.
Azurerin chapter 3 . 7/10/2009
I apologize for my late review... Hmm... I don't think this chapter is as dull as you've said... It's quite nice, in fact...

Don't know why, I really like it when Souji thought of something he wished to say to Morooka back there... And also, I think you've made this story become pretty interesting, with Chie and Yukiko having a faint feeling of knowing Souji... I thought Souji's the only one who'll feel that way...

I'll try to read the next chapter now... Hopefully I can drop another review for that chapter today... I could be late at reviewing again, but, I'll drop you a review for sure.
MaikuFreakingKamiyama chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
No... It's... not possible... IT CANT BE A LIE! *sobs dramatically*

Ok now that that's out of the way...

Once again, a splendid chapter. I'd seriously try that meat gum... I do love me some beef jerky...

Keep up the awesome writing.

~Signed Kamina A.k.a Maiku Kamiyama
Tempo chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
I'm so glad you updated again!

This chapter definitely had me laughing nearly through the whole thing. My favorite was obviously the Junes scene. I especially love the extra bits in that part. Oh Yosuke and his bladder..

Awaiting somewhat patiently for the next chapter!

chikau chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
I haven't laugh this hard for a while. All those extra scenes was ridiculously funny I ended up grinning throughout the whole chapter. Hmm, nothing much I have to say here. The way the plot grows is really impressive. It's really well-written. Honestly, I really can't wait for more.

In another note, I see some implied YosukexChie in this. Do you plan on making them another main pairing for this fic? Just wondering, you know. I wouldn't really mind that really...
ChaoticChris chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
Haha. I loved your play on steak! xD And poor Chie, her dreams of steak will forever be a mere lie. I also enjoyed the extra scene with Ms. Sofue and how Souji was all super genious.

Overall, very exciting chapter. Things are really picking up and I just can't wait what's next. :3
Kefka VI chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
“The steak is a lie.”

Portal reference FTW.
MaikuFreakingKamiyama chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
God DAMNIT Nanako, stop being so adorable that it makes me wanna hug you D:.

Once again, a very pleasant chapter, seeing Yosuke in pain always amuses me, guess im a jerk like that XD And every time i see the scene with him getting kicked, I always think of this one line from an RPG I played once, "Attack his weak points for Massive Damage!"

And finally, Mr. Morooka. All in all, I'd actually want him to stay around, at the very least so the students finally get fed up with him and hang him from a flag pole by his underwear. Hehehe...

Here's hoping your chapters keep getting better and better, cheers~

~Signed, Kamina A.k.a Maiku Kamiyama
Red Viking chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
You were right that this chapter was dull. It was well written, but, apart from a few scenes, it was identical to to what happened in the game. At least we got to see the inside of Souji's head. I did, however, like the extra dialogue with Chie and Yukiko since it gave us a clue as to what was going on. If those two subconsciously picked up on the echo of friendship they had with Souji, I wonder how Naoto will react. More importantly, since this is based on the worst ending, I wonder if there would be an unconscious strain on their friendship since Chie and Yukiko were opposed to throwing Nametame into the TV.

I was also wondering if part of Souji's personality in this story is based on the manga? I've never read it, but I heard he was a Stepford Smiler, if I may use a term from TV Tropes.
Tempo chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
I actually enjoyed reading this chapter. Like the others said, it wasn't as dull as you said for it too be.

The little extra bits were pretty funny and I love how we get to actually see/read what Souji is thinking of.

We can't do that in the game, so it's a real treat.

It's pretty much dead on with how I think he'd think/act too.

As always, can't wait for the next update!

C:
Missing Zero chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
King Moron is an *. Sorry, I just had to say that.

Other than that, this chapter was okay, not as dull as you said, but fine. I like the way how Souji barely remembers everything and has bits of it, I always did like these kind of stories. But now, I really can't wait for the next chapter, since you say it's where things really kick up!
hihazuki chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
Hm... this chapter isn't so dull. It's great; a little more into Souji's private life and him trying his hardest to remember where he'd seen those familiar people, even though it was his first time seeing them... or so he thought. Anyway, it was reasonable. I don't really like rushing into things, so just take your time and relax :-).

Nevertheless, I will still be waiting for the next chapter, where things start heating up! Ganbatte ne!
Kefka VI chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
He must be having quite the headache.
leaflett chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
It was a quite interesting re-telling of the introduction of the game. The part of Souji and Morooka in the faculty room was a good addition, and Souji's reaction to Morooka's antics was interesting, too. The description used in the story also help me to visualise the actual occurence in the game well, although it had been months since the las time I replayed the game.

It had been good so far, and I am waiting for how Souji would react the first time he entered the TV world. It also made me think whether he would regain all his memories immediately or by pieces, and what would be the trigger. I somehow get an idea that he would be getting his memories after seeing Naoto... although that is just a baseless theory from me.

I am waiting for the next chapter!
ChaoticChris chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
Chapter two was pretty entertaining despite it's mainstream-ness. :]

I found the little minor extra scenes you put in and inner thoughts from Souji funny and pleasing to see. Such as the random falling from Souji (I got this hilarious theater going in my mind of him now.) to the scene where Souji meets King Moron in the faculty lounge. Very funny and pleasing indeed! xD

Keep up the awesome work! Will be waiting for the next chapter. :3