Reviews for Fortuna Favet Fatuis
Wario5577 chapter 17 . 9/10/2014
man I miss this story. It was so good and I miss it so much. I just hope it doesn't die.
Zeromaru Chaos Mode chapter 17 . 8/11/2014
you know, when i started this, i had to push myself to keep reading. not because the story was bad, far from it. but because you were doing the "gimme X number of reviews for the next chapter to be posted" thing i hate seeing so much. believe me, i was disgusted. it's hard finding REAL quality work on this site sometimes, especially for specific story classifications, and anything on the author's personal end (as in their actions or personality, not so much update schedule or personal life) that messes with the process, irks me greatly.

But i persevered and saw where you made note that someone rather loudly called you out on it. your reasons werent..."good enough" as i would put it, but you acknowledged that what you were doing came across as extremely shitty, and you stopped. and that made me grin. because, fittingly enough with the source material, it appeared that you'd faced an aspect of your own make, yourself, so to speak, that you didnt realize existed.

i have to say, thus far, the story has been well written, and the interactions between Souji (seriously did they have to give him two friggin names?) and his intended, have been very interesting to see, especially the connection between the two that is unexpected but actually entirely logical (the uncle thing).

Real life gets in the way frequently, this i know. it's been over a year since i last updated one of my stories, and the one i'm focusing on currently hasnt been updated in months, even though i've got 3/4ths of the chapter written, and i'm at most ten chapters away from the end. To see this hasnt been updated for two years...it's saddening, doubly so because of the clear result of the issues as to why, but not unexpected.

As a fellow author, i say, take your time. as a person who gets distracted, i also say, take your time.

I hope to see an update soon, however. especially now that a certain detective prince(ss) is about to encounter The Nose.
A Fan.again chapter 17 . 4/29/2014
Posted this on the wrong chapter, not sure it matters though.

Sure hope this story hasn't gone dark, despite how long its been. It's truly interesting to see how this branches from the main story in a way but stays like it should be considered canon. And now Naoto's in the Velvet Room? Rereading the chapters is still riveting.

Waiting for the next chapter, faithfully. :)
A Fan chapter 14 . 4/29/2014

Waiting for the next chapter, faithfully. :)
Originaljuan92 chapter 17 . 2/28/2014
Just finished reading all the chapters and I really love this story. I will be following and hoping to see more updates. I hope you see this through the end. Also interested that Naoto is in the velvet room can't wait to see how that takes the story (I am not a vey articulate person). Anyways have fun. You have become my favorite author.
The man who inherited madness chapter 2 . 2/14/2014
it seems Izanami remembers. great so far
Guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
I mean manga
Guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
This is a good story do you mind if I can turn it into a man a?
Leo-Novum chapter 8 . 2/2/2014
The Whild Card's Gift to the Detective Prince was an awesome moment.
Cryse chapter 17 . 2/2/2014
While it's obvious that no one here will truly be able to understand what you're going through, I understand that writing isn't your main concern right now, and dearly hope that things get better. I know that sometimes motivation to write can be hard to find when things are going good even, and I would imagine is most certainly harder with how it sounds like things have been going.

There's no need to feel so apologetic either, though unfortunately I'm sure many others on this site would disagree with me, they feel so entitled...

Anyway, take as much time as you need. Remember, you come first, and we should just be grateful that you've given us as many beautiful stories as you have. I remember only a few days ago being disappointed that I wasn't finding as many Souji/Naoto stories that I had wanted to, and then I had the good Fortune, if you will, to stumble across your profile. It honestly made me really happy when I read a few and realized how good they were, and how many you had posted.

If Video-games and Tumblr make you feel better (believe me, I know that feeling), then by all means, do those things. Neither of us wants you writing if it's not you who wants to do it, I'm sure.

In the meantime, all I can do is hope things get better, and offer what I can. If you ever want someone to bounce ideas off of, I would love to help. Simply want to talk about stuff? By all means, I'd love to. What makes you like Persona 4 so much? How about the Tales games? What were your experiences with them? If you'd like to talk about things like that, or even things in life, though I've no right to ask, the offer is there. I would honestly enjoy doing so, as people like to talk about their fandoms and things surrounding them, don't we?

Otherwise, I'll wait patiently, and review when things come back, if you think would be for the best. Honestly, the readers wish the best for you, however you find it.

Hope things get better, and until we meet again I suppose, be it one way or another.

Oh, and one last thing. Thank you for what you have written.
Cryse chapter 16 . 2/2/2014
Oh wow! Naoto is in the velvet room! Not quite like I expected her to, but still! It makes me hopeful for a possible visit with both of them in the future, but perhaps that is asking too much.

Looks like Naoto will be regaining her memories sooner than expected. Does that mean she won't have to face her shadow? Hmmm... if so, things will truly begin to be quite different.

At least my greatest fear of Naoto cutting her ties with Souji in fear of the new emotions inside of her wasn't realized. I should have known that their bond was stronger than that.

If Naoto IS recovering her memories, I imagine Souji's friends won't be able to help but notice how happy Souji will be the next time they see him. I wonder where things will go from here. Will Naoto be joining the investigation team, or perhaps not quite yet? Will she have her Persona? So many questions... and there is only one more chapter to go! Oh, so bittersweet...

If you think about it, whenever Naoto thinks that whatever she is doing concerning how close she is being with Souji she thinks of as wrong, but it feels right, It's almost as if her past self is trying her best to push her towards him. Maybe that's how you will end up describing it even.

Again, if she does end of recovering her memories, the two will be overjoyed to be reunited again. They're both tired, and won't want to be separated from each other. Under normal circumstances I'd imagine that they would just choose to sleep together, I'm sure neither of them would have nightmares and they would get some sleep, but Dojima and Nanako will be coming home. Who knows though, like Souji said before, sometimes in love, all you can see is the other person, and this might be one of those times, and they may end up throwing caution to the wind. They both need it, really.

I wonder if Igor will mention how the velvet room is connected to Souji, and how she is able to be there, along with making a comment on how much care was taken of her vial. Something sweet enough to make Souji embarrassed.

I do honestly hope that the next chapter is a long one, I can't help it.

Bravo on the chapter itself, as it couldn't have been easy to write, however it came together very well. You had my heart racing the good way this time, not that last time was bad I guess, just tiring.

The chapter was filled with Naoto and Souji, which I can't complain about at all, really.

I am really curious as to what Igor, and Margaret for that matter, will say to Naoto. I'm afraid I cannot hold my excitement any longer, and will shortly be reviewing what is-currently- the final chapter.

Until then.
Cryse chapter 15 . 2/1/2014
Ohoho, cliff hanger, huh? Makes me glad I don't have to wait for the next chapter, though I think I might until morning anyways.

I'm glad you didn't end up skipping the trip, and about your question about the part you added between Yosuke and Souji (though you have probably received more than enough answers by now), I personally thought it was fine. When you're young, you don't really know, and he obviously turned out different anyways. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay mind you.

I'm also glad that 'Mystery Food X' made a return and showed that even with a second chance, some horrible fates cannot be averted.

I did find it a little strange that you skipped Kanji's entrance and exit however, to be honest. I know it's not something that probably wouldn't have been that different from the game, but since it's the only part of the trip missing, and it's a small part, it just seemed odd for it to be left out.

I wonder what Naoto wants to talk about that is so urgent. Perhaps about some of her conflicting emotions, even going so far as to reject them, reject HIM, until she faces her shadow, making it necessary. I will prepare my heart, just in case, and it's a good thing I will have until I wake to do so, if that happens to be the case.

I'm glad you went with Yosuke being a little more mature than last time concerning the swim suit... 'fiasco' I guess, rather than the opposite.

The chapter itself was pretty humorous, like Yosuke's "I saw a light" and Souji condemning him to his fate, despite having prior knowledge.

Souji found a penguin? Will we see him giving it to Kanji, or have a flashback of it maybe? Or is that the last we'll see of it? It seems as though it has managed to spark my interest for some reason.

I'm glad that they managed to avoid the horrible fate spewing from the inner parts of , though I'd imagine not anywhere near as glad as they are.

To sum it up, a pretty funny chapter, with the ending provoking some thought, and the possibility for some more heart-wrenching. I'll come back to finish the other chapters in the morning. Until then, I will prepare my heart, as I have learned that if I don't keep my guard up, you can hit me right where it hurts. It's a skill to be able to do that however, so bravo to you.

Until morning!
Cryse chapter 14 . 2/1/2014
So Dojima and Misanori go way back huh? Makes sense, now that I think about it. Still curious as to what Yakushiji's story is though.

Glad to see another moment between Dojima and Souji, even if it's just a small interaction. I'll be waiting patiently until Dojima tells him he considers him more of a younger brother, I really enjoyed that in the game, and would love to see your spin on it.

I wonder what exactly Souji meant when he thought about how he might be able to get close to Naoto without her facing her shadow. Surely he knows the importance of Naoto doing so regardless, and I wonder how that will happen, as the way it normally happened might not work as well in this situation. Maybe Naoto and Souji have an argument where Naoto wants some information from him that he cannot give her, and that is why she ends up using herself as bait again, in order to find out? Hmmm...

I like how you added some confrontation between Yukiko and Chie, and I have to admit I didn't see it coming. Their bond will only come out of it stronger, so its another way to add development which I had forgotten to consider.

Next will hopefully be the school camp-out, which I really hope you don't skip, because of all the opportunities it presents for some laughs. Judging form how things are playing out currently however, I doubt I have anything to worry about.

I'll admit, I didn't expect to see Naoto at the hospital, until you wrote that someone else was there, then I realized there was a good chance it would be her.

I'm glad that things are starting to diverge more and more, though I feel the velvet room has been absent for far too long.

I imagine that Yosuke will be even more of a horn dog during the camping trip than he usually is now that he is involved with Chie, though I suppose it could go the opposite way as well, depending how you decide to go about it.

I can't help but wonder if Dojima and Nanako's problems will reach a resolution. I'd imagine so, but that leaves me wondering when? Not the impatient kind of wondering, the curious kind.

Anyway, looking forward to the school camp out!
Cryse chapter 13 . 2/1/2014
It seems that Souji and Naoto are making progress, even without her recovering her memories. At this rate, I imagine that when Naoto recovers her memories, it will be more like the final push in them reforming their bond, rather than re-establishing the whole thing from nothing.

Again, I understand why not much attention was paid to the actual rescue of Kanji, as it wouldn't have been much different than in the game.

Kanji opening up early and more than you expected Souji? Well then, you must have forgotten about the 'Kindred Spirit Effect' (I'm never going to get tired of this by the way, sorry, not really sorry though, heh)

With Yosuke making all these jokes about Souji and Naoto, I wonder what he'll have to say when he finds Naoto is a girl?

Also, now that Naoto and Souji are becoming more comfortable with each other in their current state, this brings me back to thinking about when the group visits the club in the future. If Souji somehow gets drunk off the atmosphere this time like the other, or there is real alcohol involved this time, I can imagine him saying something like: "I mean, are you guys blind, or just stupid? Obviously... heh... someone as beautiful as Naoto could only be a g-" before Naoto promptly stops him. Don't look at me like that, I've had that idea since playing through the event in the game.

And like I just mentioned, even though Naoto and Souji are becoming more comfortable again, you show that there is still some distance between them, like when Naoto accidentally called Souji 'Senpai'. Good job with that.

I'm assuming that Dojima and Nanako will end up in the hospital again, so that leaves me hopeful that Naoto will be staying with Souji to keep him company while they are gone, as I would assume that she would have her memories back by then.

I'm glad you expanded on Kanji somewhat, similar to how I mentioned before. That just leaves me wondering how you will do the same with Rise...

And speaking of Rise, she'll most likely be next to confront her shadow. Teddie too, which I almost forgot about. I wonder how you'll explain Rise's Persona and its capabilities.

As usual, good chapter. Finally shaking off some of the after-effects of the heart-wrenching you gave me a couple of chapters ago, so hopefully you don't decide knock me right back on my ass on the next chapter, though I would love it despite how emotionally draining it would be.
Cryse chapter 12 . 2/1/2014
Wow, talk about changes.

It's almost like what Naoto said during her social link. Something along the lines of 'I'm afraid that if I keep talking, everything will just spill out', which pretty accurately describes what happened to Souji.

Well, I am glad that Naoto is in the story earlier than usual, that's for sure. Though I do think Souji is taking this better than he should be. I understand that he truly feels okay as long as Naoto is okay, but it still must feel sad to have your lover treat you like a stranger. That's why the hug was cruel in a way, it gave him a taste of what he can't have right now.

I thought you would have taken the opportunity of having Yukiko and Souji alone together to have Yukiko ask if Naoto was the girl who had forgotten him, but I guess she either hasn't figured it out or deems the issue too private. I'm going to guess the former.

I see that the 'Kindred Spirit Effect' didn't affect Kanji and his view of Naoto like I thought it would, but perhaps we'll see more of that later.

While I do like all the Yosuke/Chie fluff, much like Souji, it makes me sorely miss Souji/Naoto fluff. I'm still vulnerable from that heart-wrenching you gave me last chapter too! That was seriously effective.

Souji was acting like he was going on his first date when he was trying to go to talk to Naoto, but I guess I can't blame him given his circumstances.

Naoto is taking it all in stride, or as much as you can be, having that many bombshells dropped on you at once.

At least I'll have some Souji/Naoto interaction to keep me occupied until the fluff I suppose.

I wonder if Naoto will get to face her shadow earlir than normal this time? I hope so, only because the contents of this chapter lead me to believe that she will regain her memories once she gains her Persona. Now that Souji has approached her, I foresee her Shadow being considerably different than last time, which makes me excited for that event as well.

As things lay however, it seems that at the very least Kanji will have to be dealt with first, and unless some drastic change occurs, the order will fall as normal, meaning that Naoto won't be getting her Persona terribly soon. Oh well. Maybe you could have it similar to Chie and have it pop out in the middle of Kanji or Rise's dungeon, but it probably wouldn't have as great of an effect. However, I don't see her normal scenario playing out either, so I'm left unsure.

I'm sure it will be enjoyable regardless, so I'm looking forward to it.

Very good, interesting chapter.
433 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »