Reviews for Waiting on an Enemy
Dang this author needs a wakeup call, COME BACK! We miss you
I am in love with this story
Hey, author, if your reading this, this is one of the BEST stories i've ever read. Please FINISH IT I DONT CARE THAT ITS FIVE YEARS LATER!
~please
Please continue the story... -books_are_my_life_23
Type your review for this chapter here...
rosec131 chapter 19 . 5/1
Although I honestly wish you could update this amazing piece of art, I know you're probably not going to. This story is about one of the most beautiful, awesome stories I've ever read and I'm so glad you took the time to write it for us, even if it's incomplete. Nineteen chapters of an interesting plot, great writing skill, and major feels is enough for me, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it when my curiosity just got me to read this. I was already a huge Kyman fan, but you have just increased my love for this pairing and I can't thank you enough. Kudos to you, my friend!
Raven chapter 19 . 4/10
Why did you stop, I need more! I don't care if it has been 5 years
PartiPooper chapter 19 . 4/4
Well, it's been five years since your last update now. It doesn't look like we're ever going to get our chapter twenty, so I may as well just review what you /have/ given us, even though you're probably never going to see this review, because either you've given up and dropped out or you're dead (the latter of which I sincerely hope isn't the case - if by some miracle you aren't dead and you do see this review, then please send me a PM to let me know you're okay).
I've seen a lot of people say the situation for this fic is impossible. "Kyle wouldn't dress up as girl!" they say. "Didn't you watch 'South Pay Is Gay!'?" And I get why they say that. Still, I wouldn't call the situation impossible myself. Rather, I'd call it improbable. It's not /likely/ that Kyle would dress up as a girl, but he might, if he really needs to. In 'Britney's New Look', he dressed up as Britney Spears - a girl - so that she could escape the paparazzi. In 'Royal Pudding', he dressed up in a costume he wouldn't have normally, for the sakes of Ike and Mr Mackey. In 'Crack Baby Athletic Association', he dropped his morals for money, proving that he can change his views if the pay-out for doing so is big enough. Therefore, I would say it's not too silly to write Kyle being okay with waitressing for money.
Probability aside, this is a good fic. Of course, that doesn't mean it's perfect. There are grammatical errors, repetitive phrases, lapses in continuity, and out-of-character portrayals (most distinctly with Kenny and Sheila, although it can be argued that interpretation of character differs and whether or not they are out of character is a matter of personal opinion). However, none of these elements stunted my enjoyment of this fic. The writing - though imperfect - is pretty damn good, and as a whole, and despite everything, you still told an interesting story with moments which make the reader laugh, cry (or at least feel sad or sorry for the characters), and aw.
I must admit, I am a sucker for romance, so seeing all the moments between Cartman and Kyle was a nice treat. My favourite scenes were Cartman saving Kyle at the bus stop and Kyle falling asleep on him after, Kyle smelling Cartman's jacket, and Cartman and Kyle getting close and cosy whilst doing drugs. Also, protective, possessive Cartman is my guilty pleasure, so I was happy to see him making an appearance. I appreciate that.
However, there wasn't just romance in here. You also managed to squeeze the themes of friendship and familial conflict in. Now, I must mention Sheila here. I normally scoff at her being portrayed as this over-bearing, pressurising, stone-cold bitch who cares more about grades than her son. To me, it seems out of character. However, I can see that portraying her as such suits the purpose of this fic and helps to tell the story and move the plot along, so I can forgive that. Anyway, the point is that there's more to this fic than first meets the assuming eye, and that's a nice surprise.
The one biggest disappointment about this fic is that it is unfinished, and is doomed to remain so. That's such a shame - such a good fic as this deserved completion. You stopped on such a downer too, which makes it even worse. But I suppose if you lost interest (in this fic or the fandom or both), then it can't be helped. You can't write for something you're not passionate about, right? So I guess I shall just have to thank you for writing these nineteen chapters. They've brought me a lot of joy. I'm not ashamed to admit that I go back to them often. You could say that I'm a little obsessed. I've re-read this fic perhaps three or four times, and even though I never get to see an end, and even though I already know what happens, I still have fun reading this every time. I think that's one mark of a good fic - writing something that readers can enjoy over and over again, no matter what - so well done there.
To help me cope with the incompletion of this fic, I'm writing one that is similar, where Kyle is a waitress and Cartman finds out and yadda-yadda. You've awoken a love of Kyle in a dress in me, haha! I've written over 44K for it - it is /the/ longest fic in my files right now. I doubt that I'll ever /do/ anything with it - even if it's not exactly the same as WOAE, I'd still probably get a lot of flack for copying the basic idea - but that doesn't matter to me. I'm just having a lot of fun writing it, and I think I can say that is all thanks to you. You've inspired my own writing with your own, and that's certainly something special for a writer. In fact, I'm sure it's almost every writer's dream to inspire other people to write too. So I suppose we can call this fic a success. Finished or no, it's done a lot for the fandom - it has brought happiness, and inspiration, and has evoked within me a deeper love for Kyman.
I'm not going to lie. Although I know in my heart of hearts that you aren't coming back, I still keep dreaming that you will one day. It's stupid, I know, but logic isn't going to extinguish this flame of hope inside me. Besides, it's nice to dream, is it not?
OnigiriReject, wherever you are now, and whatever you are doing, I hope that you are okay, and that you know I am grateful to you (as are many others, I'm sure, if the number of faves, follows, and reviews for this fic are anything to go by). Thank you, and I wish you well! xx
cecilie.geisler.7 chapter 9 . 3/19
I really like this story. You are so talented at writing. All though I wish there was more action in it. but great job so far. :) ganbare!
SomeKindOfGirl48 chapter 1 . 3/16
Would the author be ok with me continuing the story. I assure I am perfectly capable and it doesn't seem they will be.
Super-Psych-Otic chapter 19 . 3/14
Are you still working on this story?
SouthParkKyman chapter 19 . 2/27
Are you done with this story?! I read the authors note, but you haven't updated in forever! I really love this story and the plot line.
To all the people who keep asking for a dead author to update; your all fucking stupid. Check the date on the stories last update. In case you can't read, it's been five years.
EchoKatt chapter 19 . 2/6
I've just read a 19 chapter _arathon because of this and now I really hope you update soon because I have fallen in love with your story and I _ight be just a *little bit... Obsessed with this pair now... Heehee w

*It's bigger on the inside
OMGOMG plz say you're continuing this!?