Reviews for Crossing the Stars
Guest chapter 10 . 9/12/2012
Ok please update this or I'm going to be depressed until Tanabata. This is really good. Post more.
Tracer28 chapter 10 . 2/1/2012
Ugh... Cliffhanger! Please update soon! This is the best haruhi fic I have ever read barrong meet the suzumiyas hehe
Durandall chapter 10 . 6/6/2011
I kind of liked this story, but the villain's motivation always felt a little... What's the word...

I dunno. The relationship between Kyon and Haruhi is great, which is good, because a lot of the backstory about what everyone else has been doing in the meantime is not well explained. There's no real explanation for why Haruhi hasn't bothered talking to Kyon since his failed suici- I mean, since the totally mysterious plot-twist that has yet to be revealed.

There's less explanation for why all of Kyon's other allies and friends just kind of melted away and didn't do anything that entire time ... and while Kino's important to the plot, to be honest, I didn't care for her as a character. She was inexplicably involved in Kyon's life, and I gather she was supposed to be sympathetic, but she just came across as ... well ... Haruhi with even less redeeming qualities.

If that's possible.

I think you had a good premise, but actually stretched it too far, and in some places you've offered bits of explanation where you'd actually have been better served by just being vague. I'll admit, a little of this is fueled by the irritation of seeing a story that's grammatically (and otherwise technically) well written, with some minor plotting issues ... abandoned so close to completion.

Characterization probably could use some work, too ... not sure I really like how Koizumi is just as condescending, and hasn't learned much of anything about proper communication in all that time... Mikuru's token mistake/error/predetermined whatever with Koizumi by saying something she 'shouldn't' have felt forced. The antagonists seem to really be lacking an identifiable motive - at least one that I (as a reader) can believe.

Anyway. The ending is pretty clear to me from this point, even if how they get there isn't. My guess is you're either done with this fandom (or actually holding out until Tanabata to update again), but I think I've seen enough of the story to figure it out.

It's enjoyable, generally well written ... but it wanders, and the same story could be told just as well with less detail on the unimportant parts. Too many confusing false leads for what should be a very straightforward and pure story. Still probably one of the better Haruhi stories out there, if only for writing quality.
The Quiller chapter 10 . 12/24/2010
This is, by far, the best Suzumiya Haruhi story I've read in a long time. I'm absolutely in love with how you've managed to capture all of the character in all of their quirky glory, Kyon and Haruhi especially. I could gush on and on about how amazing this story is, or how every single plot point just slams into place like WHAM, or how your chapter titles make me squeal in happiness, but that would make this review way, way too long.

All in all, you've made my day. -Week-.

Update soon please, for the sake of your readers' sanity!

The Quiller
0FoX0 chapter 10 . 12/16/2010
FANTASTIC! This history its pure art in wait for an update...
kenlon chapter 10 . 9/1/2010
I need to know how this ends - please write more.
Cougerstar chapter 10 . 8/10/2010
I just finished reading all of your posted chapters for this story, and well, its really really good. Everything from the plot to the characters. I’ll be very interested to see how the parts in the beginning match up with the rest of the story, and why am do there’s more to the councilor than meets the eye? And the end of the chapter, quite a bombshell for both us and Haruhi. I look forward to seeing how this whole thing resolves!
Mr. Onizuka chapter 10 . 7/25/2010
Sorry for taking so long to review! The University had my body and soul binded to books and papers. Y'know, the chapter itself was kind of predictable, however, the last turn was kind of surprising ("Your proof is in a language I can't even read!"). Nevertheless, a very fun chapter, it was really fun to read ). It's very hard to guess what another person would write, so I won't make much efforts, and I'll wait for your next chapter. Take care! And keep up the good work
Muffins and Mary Jane chapter 10 . 7/15/2010
wow! I love this story. Not only do you have the characterization perfect but the plot that has been revealed! Update soon, Muffins
Tabasc0 chapter 10 . 7/10/2010
Certainly I didn't see it coming. Love the idea though.
SakuraAyanami chapter 10 . 7/9/2010
wait I'm confuse. Does she turn into orihime because she believes she is, or because she was her to begin with?
uzukun7 chapter 10 . 7/8/2010
simply amazing how you made the connections through the whole story to finally build everything up into this climax. i guess haruhi is just completely awed by everything she has just heard to make a big showy reaction to the revelation that she is orihime. and kyon does play the perfect role of a commoner with no seemingly extraordinary traits. in either case i thought this story couldnt get any better and you go ahead and prove me wrong. cant wait for the next chapter. laterz
HarimaHige chapter 10 . 7/8/2010
great chapter. great turn of events. You realy thought things through.
Dracobolt chapter 10 . 7/7/2010
This chapter is a wham bang pow! I mean, like, it's a kicker, right in the brain, makes you go, wait, what? And the part at the beginning, in bold, that's pretty interesting, especially the cryptic last bit. Anyway, I fangirl your writing so hard and cannot wait until the next chapter!
mafalda157 chapter 10 . 7/7/2010
I'm so glad to see this story updated! :D I feared you had switched fandoms, so the alert was a very pleasant surprise.

We finally get some exposition, and it is awesome. The revelation really did justice to the sense of mystery the previous chapters created. It makes complete sense but catches you by surprise at the same time. And it's such a simple, elegant explanation for everything! I will not be the least surprised if it turns out this way in canon too. (You'll definitely earn unlimited bragging rights if it does. :P)

I liked how Kyon was actually using his brain and making valid arguments. A striking difference with the first scene, where he was just standing there like a log. I also liked how you managed to sneak in both humour and a treat for the shippers in an otherwise pretty ominous chapter. Definitely approve!

Haruhi was suspiciously quiet in the end... the calm before the storm? I would have kinda prefered it if some of Kyon's lines went to her instead. And I REALLY hope she gets to yell at Kyon for keeping all those secrets for so long! It's something that always bothered me in the series, but to my surprise hasn't really been explored in fanfics.

All in all a great chapter, can't wait for the next! :)