Reviews for What Was Stolen
meezzy chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
woot, moria is epic here! she really did go down swinging! great piece
W.G chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Alright, but Offred was the daughter of a single mother feminist, and her name was June.
The Terrible Jester chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
i love this
QueenCobraWing chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Oh, my poor Moira. She's my absolute favorite character. And I think this is a brilliant piece of writing.
MindoftheMatter chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
This was such a well-written tale, I think that it definitely does Moira the justice she deserves. I was pretty upset when her fate was mostly shrugged off in the novel, and this is probably how her character would have gone out. Overall, very good job! :)
For English eh Me too chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Year-late protip: Offred's name was most likely June. During the first section, she lists the five names of girls at the Center, and every single one is mentioned later in the book except for June.

Anyway, nice job. You captured Moira's desperately rebellious nature very effectively. Your English teacher must have liked this. :]
WonderousPlaceForAnEcho chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
That wasn't what I expecting, but I liked it because it provided a different perspective and one I think that you considered well. I got the impression that Moira was strong willed, stubborn, willing to fight for her beliefs and have conviction when her autonomy is threatened. I don't remember there being a Katie, but I did read the book rather quickly. I always thought that although she ended up prostituting herself more or less that wasn't a form of freedom, it was better than her other life, yes, but she was still owned in a way and that annoyed me. I suppose it represented how feminism has a lot of ambiguity and can sometimes fail. I honestly don't want to break it apart, but in terms of your writing I thought it was strong and conveyed concepts well.
Smile Life Away chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I really liked this, it was interesting. And i think it kind of does go with the personality of Moira that we only have a little bit of based on what Offred tells us.

My sister had to read this book for school and so when she was done I sorta picked it up and read it too. I didn't even realize there was fanfiction for this subject.

Anyway, I liked your story and the tone of it. It is really great :)
S. Snowflake chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Dang, that was good! By the way, as far as reading long fan fictions go, I actually enjoy reading them more than short ones for the most part. People on here get bored with reading too easily, I think. That's why, when people tell me I write too much description, I say, "I'm a writer." _

Now, on to your story, the important thing here. That was great to give Moira some sort of great conclusion like Offred wanted, and I even wanted to say that I noticed it before I read the note at the end, so thanks for keeping me entertained and talkative! 8) Moira's issue would be the same as mine if I had to live in that society. I couldn't live without drawing or writing, and if it was suppressed forever, I'd lose it.

AH-MAZING! On my faves!

*S. Snowflake
HappyStatic chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
I think you did Moira's character justice here. I always thought the book gave her a damp squib ending. Good for her taking out some of the hypocrital zealots! Thanks for sharing! :)
Shirakawa Myself chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
This is a really nicely written piece of work, and i think it really sums up how Moira feels about Gilead. It's nice to have some more to her than we ever get in the book. I liked it! :)